Twitter: Jason Garrett a USFL NBC broadcaster

Bigdog

Reaction score
He will be saying it’s a process when announcing the plays

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
The original USFL wasn't horrible and produced some really good players. It will be a diversion, and I have come to the point where I don't watch baseball or basketball or hockey. I also enjoyed arena football. I don't compare them to the NFL, I try to look at it as it's own entity.

vlad

Reaction score
Class???? Ask Wade and all the assistants that he threw under the bus, in order to get and keep the Head Coaching job for almost TEN painful years. He is not the guy that most believe he is...in reality, he is a "A kissing" garden weasel.

Tony Sparano says "Hi"

Motorola

Reaction score
The original USFL wasn't horrible and produced some really good players. It will be a diversion, and I have come to the point where I don't watch baseball or basketball or hockey. I also enjoyed arena football. I don't compare them to the NFL, I try to look at it as it's own entity.
Since the USFL re-emerged with the original franchise names and locations from four decades ago...I wonder if they bring in some of the stars back then for a ceremonial recognition during the opening season games.
Examples:
New Jersey Generals - Herschel Walker and Brian Sipe
Birmingham Stallions- Cliff Stoudt and Joel Cribbs

Last edited:

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Since the USFL re-emerged with the original franchise names and locations from four decades ago...I wonder if they bring in some of the stars back then for a ceremonial recognition during the opening season games.
Examples:
New Jersey Generals - Herschel Walker and Brian Sipe
Birmingham Stallions- Cliff Stoudt and Joel Cribbs

I am sure they will try to link the past to the present. Looking at the rosters, there is not a lot of familiar talent. It is interesting, one of the QBs is Paxton Lynch, but he isn't even the starter. I did note WR Eli Rodgers who played for Pittsburgh back in 2016. In a game that was aired last week, Rodgers had a TD catch against the Cowboys. MIke Weber, a RB from Ohio St is also notable, as he was drafted by the Cowboys. He had a very decent college career, but I honestly don't even remember him with the team. Clayton Thorsen, a one time Cowboy PS squad player is also in the league.

Motorola

Reaction score
developmental league for the NFL.
plus they make $$$
NCAA rules and NFL CBA --- both limiting number of practices and the length of those sessions.
Combined with many players skipping that last year of eligibility = many rookies entering the league are lacking the position skillsets and game experience to have a decent chance to succeed ‐-- especially offensive and defensive linemen.
Re-establishment of the USFL will provide the overlooked ex-collegians - plus drafted \ UDFA washouts - to reset themselves to get into the NFL through a team structure + competitive league schedule environment.

Motorola

Reaction score
I am sure they will try to link the past to the present. Looking at the rosters, there is not a lot of familiar talent. It is interesting, one of the QBs is Paxton Lynch, but he isn't even the starter. I did note WR Eli Rodgers who played for Pittsburgh back in 2016. In a game that was aired last week, Rodgers had a TD catch against the Cowboys. MIke Weber, a RB from Ohio St is also notable, as he was drafted by the Cowboys. He had a very decent college career, but I honestly don't even remember him with the team. Clayton Thorsen, a one time Cowboy PS squad player is also in the league.
I'm going to tune in and and watch this weekend.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

giphy.gif