Jason Garrett by the numbers

WLJG

Reaction score
I had to suppress the overwhelming urge to not give you a 'like' on this insightful and thoroughly factual tidbit,,,friend. YA,know?you'd think a man of JJ'S CALLING& CALIBER, being that he'd realize he's done amassed more success & wealth than a mere mortal could've ever wildly envisioned,,and would sign-off on such trivial delegating tasks involved in and of the general management of a .500 NFL ball club to some highly trusted hungry up-n-comer thirsting for planting the Dallas battle flag on the league's highest pinnacle once again & OFTEN,,,I just don't get it,man,,,:huh:

Egomaniac. Got to have all the credit for any success. That is Jerry Jones. That is why Johnson had to go. Ole Jerry wants to be owner, general manager and defacto HC....all of that. Garrett is the perfect HC for Jerry Jones because he is as easy to control as a well trained puppy. And Jones will never admit that he is NOT the man when it comes to the GM job. If he canned Garrett after 7.5 sad years the outcry would be long and loud: "Why did you wait so long to fire this coach." "It was a stupid hire from the beginning...too young and inexperienced" and so on. Jerry does not want to hear that stuff. So we have Garrett for worse or worse.
:starspin:o_O:starspin:

diefree666

Reaction score
You gotta pick your shots when there are ten posters who disagree to every one who supports him.

When the criticisms are unique, I’ll usually chime in. If it’s a regurgitation of criticms we’ve beaten to death in other offseasons, a thoughtful response is pretty hard to muster up over and over again.
ya know, when 99 people out of 100 tell you that you are drunk its time to borrow a quarter and lay down in the gutter

MarkP88

Reaction score
Years on the job: 7
Inherited a franchise QB: yes
Offensive Coordinators: 2
Defensive Coordinators: 3
Made the playoffs: 2
Playoff wins: 1
Championship game berths: 0
Super Bowl berths: 0

Not good numbers.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ya know, when 99 people out of 100 tell you that you are drunk its time to borrow a quarter and lay down in the gutter

All depends who the people telling you you’re wrong are.

The people who count have always been pretty firmly behind Jason Garrett. The owners, the players, and the staff. It’s the majority of fans who’ve wanted him gone, and that just doesn’t carry weight with me.

Cmac

Reaction score
7 seasons as HC
2 playoff appearances
1 playoff win
2/3* winning seasons (2017 could either be another 8-8 or 9-7)

2017:

Cowboys went 10 quarters without scoring a TD. Club record.
Scored single digits in 3 straight games. Club record.
Lost to a team who had more penalty yardage than offensive yardage. Club record.
4 losses by over 20 points.
8 sacks in 1 game. The most given up by any Cowboy team since 1991.

9 head coaches still have their job since Garrett became the full time HC in 2011:
6 have won Super Bowls and 7 have appeared in the Super Bowl. Marvin Lewis and Jason Garrett are the odd men out.

.....and a contract extension to the current one coming.

Proof

Reaction score
10.14.12 at Ravens 31, Cowboys 29

The first loss in franchise history when the Cowboys run the ball 42+ times (89-1)

11.10.13 – at Saints 49, Cowboys 17: Defense allows franchise-worst 625 yards and NFL-record 40 first downs in prime time

Jason Garrett’s Cowboys set team record by going 10 quarters without a touchdown in 2017

Also Jason Garrett’s Cowboys scored in single digits in three straight games for the first time in club history in 2017

Hard to swallow racking up over 400 yards and 30 points in consecutive weeks, and losing both games. It's happened 12 times in Cowboys history. 2 of those in OT. Never back-to-back, but twice in 2011, 12, 13

The term “Jason Garret’s Cowboys” makes my stomach turn

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I copy! But gutters are charging .25 cents now,,,:huh:,,, naw,,, since when?
Shirley yer' pulling on somebody's leg ,,,and just when did that spike in price increase transpire? ,,it only cost a dime last time I was there,,,:rolleyes:
ALSO!
"Team Garrett led battled thru adversity & stood victorious
today,,,:cool:"

o_O

BigD5

Reaction score
The term “Jason Garret’s Cowboys” makes my stomach turn
Mine too.

But these Cowboys aren’t the same Cowboys I grew up loving. These Cowboys are jason Garrett’s and he should own his record and the destruction of this franchise

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
All depends who the people telling you you’re wrong are.

The people who count have always been pretty firmly behind Jason Garrett. The owners, the players, and the staff. It’s the majority of fans who’ve wanted him gone, and that just doesn’t carry weight with me.

And Jerry overtly and explicitly supported Wade Phillips right until he fired him.

Why would expect to hear anything different until change actually happens? That’s not the way it works.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Another boneheaded Jerry decision this time tied to his ego and a delusion that he has the next Landry on his hands. Forget Landry. How about even a Marvin Lewis? He got rid of Jimmy for winning two Super Bowls in five years, and he keeps coach clapper in training around for eight years with one playoff win that was a penalty away from a loss.

Verdict

Reaction score
Garrett is the only Dallas Cowboys coach ever to :
1. lose a game when leading by 14 in 4th qtr (jets 2011)

2. lose a game after leading by 24 (detroit 2011)....did a similar repeat of this later in GB 2013 game

3. The Cowboys (JG) established a new franchise low in rushing touchdowns in the 2011 season with five, which included a rushing TD by Romo himself

4. ice his kicker on a winning kick and lose the game....Arizona 2011

5. lose 3 win or go home games in a row

6. have 3 non winning seasons in a row, (tied with Campo) also coach Landry when the franchise was first created

7. go 8-8 3 seasons in a row

8. had the worst defense in franchise history

Well I was on the ditch Dez bandwagon and get rid of a Witten bandwagon years ago. I think that says how far ahead of the curve I am. Maybe they should make me coach.

I could drink Johnny Walker Blue with Jerry although I prefer Louis XIII personally. I could **** can Marinelli and order the ball run by Zeke around the goal line. I've got this.

Oh and I could tell Dez to shut up and pull Witten out of the game even if I had to pull a Tonya Harding on him. You don't mess around with me.

Verdict

Reaction score
Another boneheaded Jerry decision this time tied to his ego and a delusion that he has the next Landry on his hands. Forget Landry. How about even a Marvin Lewis? He got rid of Jimmy for winning two Super Bowls in five years, and he keeps coach clapper in training around for eight years with one playoff win that was a penalty away from a loss.

The Clapper is just getting started. And he is like the energizer Clapper.

black label

Reaction score
7 seasons as HC
2 playoff appearances
1 playoff win
2/3* winning seasons (2017 could either be another 8-8 or 9-7)

2017:

Cowboys went 10 quarters without scoring a TD. Club record.
Scored single digits in 3 straight games. Club record.
Lost to a team who had more penalty yardage than offensive yardage. Club record.
4 losses by over 20 points.
8 sacks in 1 game. The most given up by any Cowboy team since 1991.

9 head coaches still have their job since Garrett became the full time HC in 2011:
6 have won Super Bowls and 7 have appeared in the Super Bowl. Marvin Lewis and Jason Garrett are the odd men out.
1383.gif