Jason Garrett by the numbers

WLJG

Reaction score
Since the Jimmy Johnson team aged out (some 21 years ago) the cowboys are 2-8 in playoff games. That is TWO wins in a period going on three decades. The Cowboys during that time have not made an appearance in the NFC Championship game. They have not come close to a SB appearance. Of the 16 teams in the National Conference only 3 have failed to make it to the NFC Championship game the past 21 years. Those three are the Commanders, Lions and our Cowboys. The Cowboys and Commanders have only 2 playoff wins in that period; the Lions only have one. Since Jones has been making roster decisions and since he rid himself of Johnson the Cowboys have pretty much been bottom feeders. The PROBLEM with firing Garrett is the guy who is hiring his replacement.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for Garrett supporters to tell me what it is exactly they like about Garrett and his coaching abilities. Been asking for years and never get any responses.

DEA0YpiVwAAKbcf.jpg

Surety, competence and know-how...

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
DEA0YpiVwAAKbcf.jpg

Surety, competence and know-how...
Man,that's really a creepiod picture if ever a creepy picture was posted,,,is there a moderator of sufficient class,clout & clutter cutting capabilities to have this offensively abject horrid nightmarish 'picture' permanently banished?,,, I'd prolly sleep a little better& think more highly of my fellow humankind if it were so possible to be done,,,o_O

:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

dallasdave

Reaction score
Man,that's really a creepiod picture if ever a creepy picture was posted,,,is there a moderator of sufficient class,clout & clutter cutting capabilities to have this offensively abject horrid nightmarish 'picture' permanently banished?,,, I'd prolly sleep a little better& think more highly of my fellow humankind if it were so possible to be done,,,o_O

:starspin::thumbup::starspin:
Wow, heavy stuff !!!

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Since the Jimmy Johnson team aged out (some 21 years ago) the cowboys are 2-8 in playoff games. That is TWO wins in a period going on three decades. The Cowboys during that time have not made an appearance in the NFC Championship game. They have not come close to a SB appearance. Of the 16 teams in the National Conference only 3 have failed to make it to the NFC Championship game the past 21 years. Those three are the Commanders, Lions and our Cowboys. The Cowboys and Commanders have only 2 playoff wins in that period; the Lions only have one. Since Jones has been making roster decisions and since he rid himself of Johnson the Cowboys have pretty much been bottom feeders. The PROBLEM with firing Garrett is the guy who is hiring his replacement.
I had to suppress the overwhelming urge to not give you a 'like' on this insightful and thoroughly factual tidbit,,,friend. YA,know?you'd think a man of JJ'S CALLING& CALIBER, being that he'd realize he's done amassed more success & wealth than a mere mortal could've ever wildly envisioned,,and would sign-off on such trivial delegating tasks involved in and of the general management of a .500 NFL ball club to some highly trusted hungry up-n-comer thirsting for planting the Dallas battle flag on the league's highest pinnacle once again & OFTEN,,,I just don't get it,man,,,:huh:

:starspin:o_O:starspin:

dallasdave

Reaction score
I had to suppress the overwhelming urge to not give you a 'like' on this insightful and thoroughly factual tidbit,,,friend. YA,know?you'd think a man of JJ'S CALLING& CALIBER, being that he'd realize he's done amassed more success & wealth than a mere mortal could've ever wildly envisioned,,and would sign-off on such trivial delegating tasks involved in and of the general management of a .500 NFL ball club to some highly trusted hungry up-n-comer thirsting for planting the Dallas battle flag on the league's highest pinnacle once again & OFTEN,,,I just don't get it,man,,,:huh:

:starspin:o_O:starspin:
Need to get a coach like Jimmy again, and have in come in and get or bring in his own coaching staff.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Need to get a coach like Jimmy again, and have in come in and get or bring in his own coaching staff.
Copy that! or dare I venture this statement: unclasp the clapper, and let him put forth into the heated fray his true& unbound coaching capabilities that's been stifled by the 'Man' whose been keeping a heavy hand upon his capable casing-liner of coachyhoodness,that's obviously been restrained & suppressed throughout the aimless wilderness wanderings of seven years, he might have a trick or two tucked away, or at least knows where to hire the personal in possession of some such secret tricks.
o_O
( hey,man! I started a thread and need to go check on it,,,about 50 alerts ago)

:starspin::star::starspin:

stiletto

Reaction score
Garrett is a hero to us all.. One thanksgiving game and he gets the right for us to be miserable for a decade.

wssaustin

Reaction score
The indefinitely long "process".

I keep hearing the term "young team building".

Clappy just completed year 7 and this is still a team building?

Wow.....at this rate my 7 yr old daughter will be moving off to college by the time Garrett gets his team ready to win a second playoff game:facepalm:

German Corner

Reaction score
7 seasons as HC
2 playoff appearances
1 playoff win
2/3* winning seasons (2017 could either be another 8-8 or 9-7)

so I watched the Jason garrett show today which is produced at the frisco
headquarters studio. the show comes on with the host and Jason garrett
sitting there smiling the whole time. he doesn't stop smiling until he starts
to talk. what a smug jackass he's turned into. I know the team is not worth
a crap, this season is crap and I know that as long as he does what jerry jones
tells him to do then he will not get fired even though he is underqualified for the
position. would be a great coordinator but is no head coach. gary gibbs at
Oklahoma in the nineties is a lot like garrett. I was a fan of garrett but not any
more. if I was jerry jones I would go after jon gruden and let him free reign
to win. itz just gottdang dk392h;ldksjkn ridiculous for us to be in this shape.
you can't even understand what jerry jones is saying when he talks.

2017:

Cowboys went 10 quarters without scoring a TD. Club record.
Scored single digits in 3 straight games. Club record.
Lost to a team who had more penalty yardage than offensive yardage. Club record.
4 losses by over 20 points.
8 sacks in 1 game. The most given up by any Cowboy team since 1991.

9 head coaches still have their job since Garrett became the full time HC in 2011:
6 have won Super Bowls and 7 have appeared in the Super Bowl. Marvin Lewis and Jason Garrett are the odd men out.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for Garrett supporters to tell me what it is exactly they like about Garrett and his coaching abilities. Been asking for years and never get any responses.

Considering there are only like 3 guys that post that still support Garrett (mainly Idgit), I have come to the conclusion that they must be related to Garrett in some way, like 5th cousins or something.:laugh:

Only logical explanation I can come up..........................other than that, maybe they just like losing.............its a form of self-punishment;)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They will pop out when they think things have cooled off enough :laugh:

You gotta pick your shots when there are ten posters who disagree to every one who supports him.

When the criticisms are unique, I’ll usually chime in. If it’s a regurgitation of criticms we’ve beaten to death in other offseasons, a thoughtful response is pretty hard to muster up over and over again.