Jason Garrett cost us this game (and you can put that in 3" headlines)

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Jason has the Emperor (Jerry) bamboozled and is killing this team, along with the chief dunce Wade. I say killing the team because his offensive ineptitude and inconsistency hurts our main asset (romo) and our entire Defense.

Lets face facts, the guy is a career backup who is "smart" relative to 50+ other dummies on his teams. There are a lot of Ivy League grads who can't separate theory from reality. HE HAS PROVEN NOTHING IN THE NFL AS A COACH.

He has mismanaged our offense in the worst way... utterly pathetic. If you factor in the playmakers he has EVERYWHERE on Offense:
* top-7 QB
* top-5 WR
* top-5 #2 WR
* top-3 TE
* top-5 RB
* decent OL
* young rookie studs at TE and RB.

WHAT COACH HAS DONE LESS WITH THIS MUCH TALENT.

I credit him for fleecing Jerruh out of a lot of $$$ but that is typical Jerry getting bent over at the negotiating table. He'll have zero success as a Head Coach (see other "geniuses" that were here such as Norv & Sean).

GET RID OF RED ASAP.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2474419 said:
Even with the days off, Garrett still had ample time, more time than LeBeau had, to get his unit prepared with the extra days. Bottomline ... Garrett did not have his unit prepared for the game. They were sloppy, confused and disorganized from the first snap to the last snap. Garrett couldn't even get the play in on time for most of the game. That's inexcusable on the high school level.

Wade and Romo are taking plenty of heat today in Dallas. They're the ones getting all the headlines and all the editorial articles written about them this morning, while Jason Garrett (once again) skates free under the radar. I mean really, does Jason Garrett have responsibility for anything? He hand picks Brad Johnson as his backup QB, and people give him a free pass because he's having to work with Brad Johnson when Romo gets hurt. It's unbelievable. Why are we paying an offensive coordinator with no real job responsibilities or accountability $3 million dollars a year?

You are right on the money. There is no way you can excuse JG for the chinese fire drill that went on before almost every snap, that is just poor coaching.

30yrheel

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;2474764 said:
You are right on the money. There is no way you can excuse JG for the chinese fire drill that went on before almost every snap, that is just poor coaching.

chinese fire drill, god, that gets me more than anything. how many 12 men on the field have you guys seen this year, besides dallas twice? i can't remember any others.

CPonder14

Reaction score
I blame Romo more than Garrett. Romo is the one who keeps audibling at the line making the play clock go down. Whens the last time Romo went up and just hiked the ball. He takes wayyyyyy to long to look at the defense and pick up his leg.

CPonder14

Reaction score
you guys also have to realize he is still a very inexperienced coordinator. He has only been a coach for 3 years.

landryscorner

Reaction score
Ok he's only been a coach for 3 years?? who cares...most fans can see what defenses are doing to us why can't Red?

Steelers Defense pretty much fed them what they wanted and snuckered RED (not romo) what they wanted PERIOD...

4th and inches, give it to the fullback???? wth correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the QB closer to the line of scrimmage than the fullbacK I mean all Romo has to do is fall forward and it's first down...

FAILURE RED, leave dallas and take Wade, Read, and stewart with you...

CPonder14

Reaction score
landryscorner;2474807 said:
Ok he's only been a coach for 3 years?? who cares...most fans can see what defenses are doing to us why can't Red?

Steelers Defense pretty much fed them what they wanted and snuckered RED (not romo) what they wanted PERIOD...

4th and inches, give it to the fullback???? wth correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the QB closer to the line of scrimmage than the fullbacK I mean all Romo has to do is fall forward and it's first down...

FAILURE RED, leave dallas and take Wade, Read, and stewart with you...

correct me if i am wrong but Romo has failed on qb sneaks before, and he had an injured hand. Not the smartest thing to do.

also Idc what you say only 2 1/2 years of coaching experience is not much at all, It takes people a lot longer to be successful coaches.

A Monday morning QB thats all you are. Garrett has a better football background than all of us put together. and from what other football people say about him, he will be a good coach down the road.

Batman

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2472530 said:
Once again, Jason Garrett got outsmarted - or he outsmarted himself - in the 4th quarter, where he played right into Pitt's defense's hands. They decided to finally take away the middle draw and the peripheral underneath stuff and that's all Garrett seemed to want to call. It's as if they knew he would stay stubborn and not play it more aggressively to his wide-outs downfield. So Pit left the wide-outs uncovered,

Garrett made some bad calls, but in all honesty, if the wide outs were uncovered, then that says all I need to know about Tony Romo. If am a QB and the play is supposed to be a run and I see uncovered WRs, and calling an audible and passing it to one of the uncovered WRs. If this is true, then Romo is even bigger choker than I thought.

and Garrett, once again, made sure to not make them part of the 4th quarter offense. What's alarming is that it was done in the same fashion as in games against Arizona and Washington. It's a clear indication he is not learning from his past transgressions as an offensive coordinator --- and I do mean OFFENSIVE; I mean, how many games is this schmuck going to just GIVE AWAY?!?! :bang2:

If WRs are uncovered and open at any point in the game, I would like to think any good QB would audible and go from a running play to passing it to the uncovered WRs. I am just not going buy this blame Garrett thing. Garrett was also not the one who threw 3 interceptions and fumbled away another ball. Blame Garrett all you want, maybe he deserves a little of the blame, but good QBs audible when they see uncovered WRs.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Tony Romo decides where the ball is going.
He kept throwing it to Steelers - some blame here is on QB

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I have to rewatch - I missed all these "uncovered" WR's first watch

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
The only way to control a horse is pull back the reigns. If Romo is your horse and Garrrett is the jockey as is in this scenario, then ____________.

You have a CEO costing a major corporation Billions because his front man is having a bad day/year, then _____________________.

Garrett is the equivalent of an 8 year old trying to sneak daddy's Ferrari out of the garage and crashing into the side of the wall. How does this guy fly under the radar every time the offense lays an egg in big games? Because the head coach hasn't pulled rank and taken over, that's why.....

Wade it's time to take over the entire team or else you will go down in history as the guy who let the most talented team in the entire NFL fail, twice...:mad:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
To me, you do what you do and force teams to stop you. That's what the Steelers did on 4th and goal at the 1, they ran the ball and was stopped. So what? They still won the game because they do what they do.

Instead of us just powering up and QB sneaking or handing it off and letting our bigg line (pun intended) bull rush the DLine, we try to get cute on 4th and short.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Clove;2475258 said:
To me, you do what you do and force teams to stop you. That's what the Steelers did on 4th and goal at the 1, they ran the ball and was stopped. So what? They still won the game because they do what they do.

Instead of us just powering up and QB sneaking or handing it off and letting our bigg line (pun intended) bull rush the DLine, we try to get cute on 4th and short.

Yeah we should have thrown a 40 yard pass into the wind...

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2472530 said:
Once again, Jason Garrett got outsmarted - or he outsmarted himself - in the 4th quarter, where he played right into Pitt's defense's hands. They decided to finally take away the middle draw and the peripheral underneath stuff and that's all Garrett seemed to want to call. It's as if they knew he would stay stubborn and not play it more aggressively to his wide-outs downfield. So Pit left the wide-outs uncovered, and Garrett, once again, made sure to not make them part of the 4th quarter offense. What's alarming is that it was done in the same fashion as in games against Arizona and Washington. It's a clear indication he is not learning from his past transgressions as an offensive coordinator --- and I do mean OFFENSIVE; I mean, how many games is this schmuck going to just GIVE AWAY?!?! :bang2:

Yeah, let's fire Garrett.:rolleyes:
And let Wade (presumably the HC) unscarthed.
Oh, we could generate a lot of wind energy by how fast Parcells or Danny Snyder would move to get Garrett calling the plays for the Dolls or the Skins.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2475321 said:
Yeah, let's fire Garrett.:rolleyes:
And let Wade (presumably the HC) unscarthed.
Oh, we could generate a lot of wind energy by how fast Parcells or Danny Snyder would move to get Garrett calling the plays for the Dolls or the Skins.

Do you even watch the games?:confused::confused::confused:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Maybe Pittsburg played the fourth quarter that way because they knew we couldn't go downfield into the wind, especially not with what they'd already seen from Tony.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Garrett had his mind made up (by himself or by somebody else, you never know on this team) that Choice wasn't to be trusted in short yardage situations. That's strange, because he should have seen in preseason and practice that Choice was as good, if not a better inside runner than Barber.

Sometimes Garrett is his own worst enemy, the way he takes away his own options from himself, instead of waiting for the opposing defense to do it. If we had enough confidence in Choice to draft him, maybe we should give him the chance to prove us right.