Video: Jason Garrett full 35 minute Training Camp Speech to Team

Lonestar94

Reaction score
You can tell Jason Garrett is TIRED of mediocrity. This team needs to step up, especially the O-Line.

playmakers

Reaction score
I feel like I'm in a boring college lecture room. Didn't like all those players looking at the computers while he was talking. Don't know if it was streamed to that but if I was the coach and I'm giving an important speech I would be upset. That was totally not a football speech. I'm not bashing Garrett, it just is what it is. He's not a motivater IMO. The beginning was horrible. I had to fast forward and that was Garrett's attempt to pump his team up. Just no energy in that room, just dull. But again, public speaking doesn't win you football games. I just hope we have the right team for that style.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
You can tell Jason Garrett is TIRED of mediocrity. This team needs to step up, especially the O-Line.

This is my favorite part:

“The coaches I hate—that I had a visceral reaction to—were the guys who told me, ‘You’re doing a great job.’ … And allowing me to be as mediocre as mediocre could be,” Garrett said. “None of us need help being mediocre—especially me. Coach my ***! … You been to the Pro Bowl eight times? You’re getting your *** coached. You just got here 15 minutes ago? You’re getting your *** coached. First-round picks, free agents who signed for nothing—everybody’s getting coached.” I should hope so.

"You just signed a 100 million dollar contract ... you're getting your tail coached." Nobody is beyond getting coached. I just hope they follow through.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Looooong, .. most kids probably zoned out.

First four minutes was weak, after that the first part was good, .. a lot should have been covered by OC, DC and/or position coaches.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
The 19.20 mark is outstanding. IT'S TIME! (That should be this year's "Believe" thread theme.)

superpunk

Reaction score
Recap:

Jason: BUZZWORD BUZZWORD BUZZWORD BUZZWORD

INTRODUCE NEW SENTENCE WITH NEW BUZZWORD

BUZZWORD BUZZWORD BUZZWORD BUZZWORD *NEW* BUZZWORD

Last edited by a moderator:

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
You can tell who actually listened to it and understood what he was saying. I played it for my coworkers because 90% of that speech applies to business just as much as football.