Video: Jason Garrett full 35 minute Training Camp Speech to Team

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm only going to watch to see if any of the players nodded off.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Was interesting in terms of what type of info and rules he gives out to them. I liked the reference to the old Mac commercial. You have to be crazy to think this team is a contender.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
I don't see how any of you could seriously be criticizing this.

Good lord.

Got keyboard and fingers? There appears to be no other prerequisite. Sometimes its OK to just keep it moving if you don't like something.

khiladi

Reaction score
Recap:

Jason: BUZZWORD BUZZWORD BUZZWORD BUZZWORD

INTRODUCE NEW SENTENCE WITH NEW BUZZWORD

BUZZWORD BUZZWORD BUZZWORD BUZZWORD *NEW* BUZZWORD

:):):):)

absolutely yawner that opening speech was...

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
He does that thing where he repeats the ending of his sentence...repeats the ending.

Califan007

Reaction score
Started REAL slow lol...got better after the 5 minute mark. Better than I expected.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Well, I thought it was a typical opening up speech to start training camp. I just hope the players were listening to what is expected of them.

rags747

Reaction score
Great stuff imo, definitely worth watching. Wish they would bring Irvin in to talk and display passion.

Coy

Reaction score
Not a big Garrett fan but I actually liked the speech.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Only made it through 16 minutes before becoming thoroughly bored. I'm just glad I don't have to sit and listen to him everyday. At least while I was listening he didn't say "The Dallas Football Cowboys" or I would have immediately clicked it off. Garrett is nothing but TALK we'll see this season if the players are finally buying into his repetitive speeches. From what I've seen on the field the past 2 seasons motivational speaking isn't Garrett's strong point. I'm sure he didn't say anything in that address that the players haven't already heard from him many times over.

Zordon

Reaction score
Only made it through 16 minutes before becoming thoroughly bored. I'm just glad I don't have to sit and listen to him everyday. At least while I was listening he didn't say "The Dallas Football Cowboys" or I would have immediately clicked it off. Garrett is nothing but TALK we'll see this season if the players are finally buying into his repetitive speeches. From what I've seen on the field the past 2 seasons motivational speaking isn't Garrett's strong point. I'm sure he didn't say anything in that address that the players haven't already heard from him many times over.

Good thing you stopped listening then.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am not a Garrett supporter nor a hater. I am glad he has less impact on the offense(or so we believe) and I think we will/should see a different coach this year.

There is one positive thing about this man that I like.......he has passion for the Dallas Cowboys and what the STAR represents. I have no doubt that he wants this team to remain America's team and will go to great lengths to maintain that.

His speech only proved my opinion about his passion. Yes, he is boring to the media and fans, but I don't know what he is like behind closed doors. This is the year. If we miss the playoffs again, he is gone IMO even if the team is gelling better. Fancy words and stern demeanor will not be enough to save his job at another .500 record(no matter what JJ says now).

Deep_South

Reaction score
Good speech. I've sat through hundreds of corporate speeches, and Garrett is better than most. I hope the newbies understand he is serious and there aren't going to be any more waivers like they gave Martlellus Bennett. If they want some slack, they better have the talent and work ethic of a Dez Bryant, or they're going to be sitting on the couch at home watching the games on television.

Little Jr

Reaction score

He actually does say dallas football cowboys around the 12 min mark.

I'm not a "garrett fan" but I actually liked it. For those who didn't I really don't know what y'all expected from it. At the end of the day though really doesn't matter if fans like or dislike it. All that matters is if the team buys into it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Good thing you stopped listening then.

Had a feeling it was coming that and "
He actually does say dallas football cowboys around the 12 min mark.

I'm not a "garrett fan" but I actually liked it. For those who didn't I really don't know what y'all expected from it. At the end of the day though really doesn't matter if fans like or dislike it. All that matters is if the team buys into it.

I was starting to nod off at around the 7 minute mark glad I didn't catch it. By the way did he use the term "ball plays?" That's another one he likes to repeat to make himself sound even more annoying. If a team is winning even listening to Belichick is tolerable but when they're not everything a coach says becomes TALK. Garrett wants to look and sound like a HC but he sounds more like a politician.

It's easier for fans and players to buy into a coach when they've done something in the league that automatically gains them some respect. So far Garrett has done nothing to get his players to buy into him with all the heat he's taken for mismanaging games and his play calling. The players are going to have to buy into his speeches this season and perform at a high level on the field or they'll be listening to another coach address them next July.