Jason Garrett has arrived

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Give me Jason Garrett coached teams any day. We are witnessing Garrett learning curve from the pk to 5th grade to an ivy leaguer now. This is our year.

Garrett team have this unique character of fighting through adversity and come on top like the past 3 games have shown. When the chips are down, you dont need fancy innovators like Bellichik, Landry etc. You need a blue collar mentality, a grid iron worker mental strength. This is Jason Garrett.

Garrett unlike other great coaches such as Landry, Bellichik, Tuna, Bill Walsh etc has over overcome all odds with minimal talent at a crucial qb position. All of them had or have hof qb playing. For us with a journeyman back up qb, Garrett is creating wonders.

We are ready to take on the big boys, paging Saints, Rams, Chiefs, Patriots, Chargers.

Watch out, all your innovative offenses will be shut down with hard gained yards by doing simple things. Run rhe ball, stop the other team from entering nd zone.
Duck.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I’m just curious, honest question. A lot of people are excited about our recent win streak and think this team has finally got it together, could be like the 2016 team, are legitimate playoff contenders, etc. When we were losing, a lot of people blamed JG and wanted him fired, there were even several threads about it. Dak could throw INT’s, Zeke fumbles, steps out of bounds, Maher misses a kick, etc we lose and it was always still JG’s fault.

So my question is why does he not get the credit now?

I'm pretty sure this is a 90/10 thing. 10% are giving him credit now. 90% blame him when we lose

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Garrett unlike other great coaches such as Landry, Bellichik, Tuna, Bill Walsh etc has over overcome all odds with minimal talent at a crucial qb position. All of them had or have hof qb playing. For us with a journeyman back up qb, Garrett is creating wonders.
I figured he was being serious until I got to this part. I'm pretty sure we've all been trolled, guys. :laugh::lmao2:

bark

Reaction score
Give me Jason Garrett coached teams any day. We are witnessing Garrett learning curve from the pk to 5th grade to an ivy leaguer now. This is our year.

Garrett team have this unique character of fighting through adversity and come on top like the past 3 games have shown. When the chips are down, you dont need fancy innovators like Bellichik, Landry etc. You need a blue collar mentality, a grid iron worker mental strength. This is Jason Garrett.

We are ready to take on the big boys, paging Saints, Rams, Chiefs, Patriots, Chargers.

Watch out, all your innovative offenses will be shut down with hard gained yards by doing simple things. Run rhe ball, stop the other team from entering nd zone.
Welcome to the forum Mrs Garrett

aria

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this is a 90/10 thing. 10% are giving him credit now. 90% blame him when we lose
It was an honest question. I have supported Garrett and said I would continue to do so if he didn’t make the playoffs this year. After his Houston “decision” I wanted him gone ASAP. Watching other games though, even the best coaches make dumb mistakes.

I was just curious why he only gets credit if we lose. The excuse for winning was always Romo, even when Romo was on the sideline (which was ridiculous) what’s the excuse for winning now?

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
It was an honest question. I have supported Garrett and said I would continue to do so if he didn’t make the playoffs this year. After his Houston “decision” I wanted him gone ASAP. Watching other games though, even the best coaches make dumb mistakes.

I was just curious why he only gets credit if we lose. The excuse for winning was always Romo, even when Romo was on the sideline (which was ridiculous) what’s the excuse for winning now?

You build up a reputation over time. He has been here 8 years and hasn't been able to get a ton of different players to be a top team. We have had the TO's, Romo's and Witten's and still didn't win. Now we have a new crop of talent and we are now 6-4 and tied for the division that has the least wins (NFC East). If we were in the NFC South or West we would have already been eliminated from the division so keep that in perspective.

Our coaching staff had all off season to get this team competitive. They didn't. We traded our #1 next year to turn it around. The fact that JG NOW has the team playing much better as a result is great but we can also say that we should have prepared better and been ready for the season. I'm not trying to be negative but it's not as simple as - we lose so people hate JG and we win so he should be called great. Even bad coach win 1/2 their games. Most of the fan base has tired of JG. You might not like it but it's true.

I'm incredibly happy we are winning and I hope we go to the Super Bowl this year. But I'm realistic about our coach as well.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Did you notice his clock management at the end of the first half? That's why I hate the bass turd!!!
I did.....what really urks me is he continues to make rookie mistakes.........He as well as our Alpha and Omega GM, don't learn from their mistakes, they both keep making the same mistakes over and over........for instance after the uproar on the OT 4th and one fiasco is totally different from the failed 4th and one yesterday........after an entire life being around some of the best in the business, he literally just does not understand even the most basics of the game.....and our GM doesn't know enough to know when his HC flubbs up until it's brought to his attention.

aria

Reaction score
Did you notice his clock management at the end of the first half? That's why I hate the bass turd!!!
Yes, but overall he’s been ok ad even the best coaches are idiots. For example, last week, the 3 games televised in the DFW area all had “bad” clock management. It can be argued the Cowboys won due to bad clock management by the Falcons, Eagles and Lions.

I’ve brought this up in another thread, maybe you can shed some light. I don’t know the percentage but I’d be willlimg to bet good money (and have) that the majority of NFL teams who have the ball with ~2 minutes or less score points. It doesn’t matter if the score is 7-7, a team will score.

I do live bets on this and cash in almost every time. My best guess, from observation, is that the defenses start playing zone. They give up 10-15 yards at a time until the team with ball gets itnto FG range or the red zone and by that time it’s too lateand the team with ball normally wins.

I don’t understand it. Week after week this happens and teams lose because of it. A team can be dominating on defense but with a couple minutes left they start playing soft even if they’ve been dominating on D. It seems like some old skool mentality that doesn’t work yet coaches continue to do it over and over again.

Why?

lukin2006

Reaction score
Well, the OP will not have to worry about a 48 - 45 score this Thursday. Oh, there is a real possibility one of the teams will score 40, but it won't be Dallas. This winning streak is nice, but we have not played a team as good the Saints.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ok now. I gave some props to Garrett for having these men ready to play but you should save this for if/when he beats the saints or playoff win.