Jason Garrett has been the coach of this team for 7 years so why does he have to

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
act so excited and goofy over a 3-1 start? This is why I wish we had another coach because I don't like the way he handles himself as a coach. Cowboys are off to a good start but the way this clown was celebrating yesterday you would think they beat the niners in the NFC championship game. And what makes it weird is he is not a 1st year coach so why must he act so goofy after a win in September?

I really hate looking at this clown

BTW: Until Fox mentioned it, I had no idea he has been the coach of this team for 7 years

Gabe

Reaction score
I didn't see him do anything out of line. I'd prefer a coach with some emotion vs one that just stands there and does nothing.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
act so excited and goofy over a 3-1 start? This is why I wish we had another coach because I don't like the way he handles himself as a coach. Cowboys are off to a good start but the way this clown was celebrating yesterday you would think they beat the niners in the NFC championship game. And what makes it weird is he is not a 1st year coach so why must he act so goofy after a win in September?

BTW: Until Fox mentioned it, I had no idea he has been the coach of this team for 7 years
He's almost certainly sealed up year 8 after just 4 games, so you may as well get used to his goofiness...

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
I hate Garrett probably more than most on this site and for many reasons. but this reason would have to be on the very bottom of the list

enjoying wins doesn't bother me

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I haven't seen the shot but I'm guessing he's excited because despite losing his QB, #1WR, All-pro LT, Starting LG, best DB-- along with starting his rookie 4th round QB.. he's 3-1 after a tough win on the road? Is it fair for him to be excited?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Maybe he was happy because we beat a team on the road missing 5 starters that may be top 5 at their position on the league with 2 rookies leading the way?

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

Sorry he doesn't fit your criteria. I didn't find it annoying at all. Massive MIAs on both sides of the ball, and having 2 rookies on O, and a second 1/2 defense help the Cowboys dig out of a 2 score deficit is something to get excited about. Hell, I jumped outta my chair and was excited right there with him.

Don't get too bent about it. Hardly a big deal.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
I didn't see him do anything out of line. I'd prefer a coach with some emotion vs one that just stands there and does nothing.

U can look pleased but all that he was doing yesterday was stupid for a 7th year coach in september

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
I haven't seen the shot but I'm guessing he's excited because despite losing his QB, #1WR, All-pro LT, Starting LG, best DB-- along with starting his rookie 4th round QB.. he's 3-1 after a tough win on the road? Is it fair for him to be excited?

The high fiving for a win over the niners in sept was a bit much to me. Too much season left to be that excited so early

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, this is a Garrett criticism thread about how he celebrates during a three game winning streak for anybody who keeps track of the things our fans like to complain about.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
So, this is a Garrett criticism thread about how he celebrates during a three game winning streak for anybody who keeps track of the things our fans like to complain about.

Because there are challenging games coming up in October so no need to waste all that emotion over a niners win

The man looked like we won the division. No other coach in the NFC east acts that goofy or in the NFL

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One can only imagine had much more criticism would have been injected into the thread if Beasley hadn't dropped that first quarter touchdown pass against the Giants. Garrett would have been going bonkers.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Because there are challenging games coming up in October so no need to waste all that emotion over a niners win

The man looked like we won the division. No other coach in the NFC east acts that goofy or in the NFL

Wasted emotion? lol that is a new one. I want this team and this staff to be excited every win since they all count the same. I want this team being confident not waiting for the other shoe to drop like so many of our so called faithful fans do. It gets to the point of ridicules of the things people complain about with Garrett and now is because he celebrated with his players? Oh brother

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Wasted emotion? lol that is a new one. I want this team and this staff to be excited every win since they all count the same. I want this team being confident not waiting for the other shoe to drop like so many of our so called faithful fans do. It gets to the point of ridicules of the things people complain about with Garrett and now is because he celebrated with his players? Oh brother

I want my coach to be focused on the bigger games coming not jumping up and down after a week 4 win over san fran

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I want my coach to be focused on the bigger games coming not jumping up and down after a week 4 win over san fran

Every game in the NFL is big. Any team can beat you it has been proven time and again. Cards should not have lost to the Rams but they did, Panthers should not lose to the falcons but they did. Funny Harbaugh gets fired up and no one here says a word Garrett shows emotions and all of a sudden this is a bad thing? Give me a break. lol

Garrett gets ripped on constantly, when the offense has played poorly it is his offense when it is running very good it is Linehan or it is someone else. People look for reason to the point of being ridicules. If his team loses blame him he is the HC and it falls to him, if his players fail to execute blame him it is his job to see to it they are prepared and ready to play and when they fail it is his failure as well but when people start up with he was showing excitement on the sideline sorry but I have to laugh about that.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What if what he was so excited about was his young players overcoming adversity and stepping up, and not necessarily the win in SF in itself? Mo, getting his first pick in 2 years, for example. Or Dak overcoming a road deficit or Elliott learning patience and taking advantage of a decent run front that was expecting to run and still couldn't stop it? Chaz Green stepping up in reserve for Tyron? Maybe he's just encouraging his young guys for down the road if and when the team needs them to have some confidence.

And maybe you'll see a win later in the year against a better team where he's not quite as happy as you'd expect because he's conserving all the emotion he's going to need if we're going to make a play off push?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
What if what he was so excited about was his young players overcoming adversity and stepping up, and not necessarily the win in SF in itself? Mo, getting his first pick in 2 years, for example. Or Dak overcoming a road deficit or Elliott learning patience and taking advantage of a decent run front that was expecting to run and still couldn't stop it? Chaz Green stepping up in reserve for Tyron? Maybe he's just encouraging his young guys for down the road if and when the team needs them to have some confidence.

And maybe you'll see a win later in the year against a better team where he's not quite as happy as you'd expect because he's conserving all the emotion he's going to need if we're going to make a play off push?

nothing short of with holding every players check for not winning by more than seven will satisfy me

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nothing short of with holding every players check for not winning by more than seven will satisfy me

I'd like to see him just not react to anything the rest of the season, and then save up that emotional energy for the playoffs where he can just go nuts, running around and screaming and missing high-fives all over the place. Sure, maybe we get some penalties during the playoff game for having a coaching trying to hit his own players on the field, but think of the emotional boost we'd get from him saving all that energy up? It would be amazing.

Proximo

Reaction score
I'd like to see him just not react to anything the rest of the season, and then save up that emotional energy for the playoffs where he can just go nuts, running around and screaming and missing high-fives all over the place. Sure, maybe we get some penalties during the playoff game for having a coaching trying to hit his own players on the field, but think of the emotional boost we'd get from him saving all that energy up? It would be amazing.

LOL this is great.

Every now and then I crack open the door to the Rant Zone and take a peek in....and I always have a nice laugh.

All that "wasted emotion". What ashame.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL this is great.

Every now and then I crack open the door to the Rant Zone and take a peek in....and I always have a nice laugh.

All that "wasted emotion". What ashame.

https://encrypted-tbn2.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgv_osxZPPP5HD13jBZlKI0J1WdsktwAmuovpAreMYk_aaj81x-5ArDYgn

You get to just visit when you like. I have to *moderate* it. Sometimes, if I'm not careful, I find myself replying to the threads before I realize where I am.