Recommended Jason Garrett named 2016 PFWA Coach of the Year

sean10mm

Reaction score
I think Andy Reid is overall a good coach, but if you don't like Garrett's clock management, then Andy Reid will give you a stroke. The dude is the master of running a 2 minute drill in 5 minutes when down 2 scores.

He blew 2 separate playoff games against the Patriots in exactly that way! At least Garrett let Romo and Dak run hurry-up when down in the 4th quarter.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Despite the tenor in here post GB game, well deserved. Garrett and the staff did an outstanding job this year with the team.

You mean Dak/Zeke having MVP years helped this team. This staff did nothing. If our QB/RB don't have MVP caliber years like Romo/Murray in 2014 and Dak/Zeke this season, we do not make the playoffs and are either 8-8 or god awful like last season. The staff's true colors showed last year when they were able to do nothing after our QB went down.

So we just need to hope Dak/Zeke keep on this torrid pace and we have little to no injuries. And even then, this staff will let us down in the playoffs. We will go 16 games with one offensive philosophy but try another come playoff time. They coach not to lose, hardly ever to win. They like to feel their opponent out instead of attack. Feeling out an opponent is ok for a 7 game series. Not a 60min do or die game.

Plankton

Reaction score
You mean Dak/Zeke having MVP years helped this team. This staff did nothing. If our QB/RB don't have MVP caliber years like Romo/Murray in 2014 and Dak/Zeke this season, we do not make the playoffs and are either 8-8 or god awful like last season. The staff's true colors showed last year when they were able to do nothing after our QB went down.

So we just need to hope Dak/Zeke keep on this torrid pace and we have little to no injuries. And even then, this staff will let us down in the playoffs. We will go 16 games with one offensive philosophy but try another come playoff time. They coach not to lose, hardly ever to win. They like to feel their opponent out instead of attack. Feeling out an opponent is ok for a 7 game series. Not a 60min do or die game.

No, I meant what I typed. Garrett and the coaching staff did an outstanding job in leading this team to a 13-3 record. And I don't agree with the coaching not to lose. There was nothing in the Green Bay game that was evidence of coaching not to lose. And, spare me the last drive with Rodgers - if Byron Jones does his job and tracks Jared Cook to the sideline, then the 3 man rush with a delayed rush from Justin Durant isn't an issue.

If you feel different, that's fine.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Undeserving award. I never felt he coached this team to 13-3, the incredible 2016 draft we had won those games.

Then he mismanages the first playoff game and we lose.

It's all moot we're stuck with him and Jerry for a long time. In fact I attribute them to causing loses more than winning by far.
I present the prime example for cognitive dissidence

waving monkey

Reaction score
I've noticed it's usually the one who tries to insult another's intelligence on the internet that can't even spell.
I did use spell check with out success,I'll live.
Insulting intelligence isn't the point ;being unable to evaluate the actions an results of what ever event is the problem.
If your bound to dislike Red or whoever their actions will be found inadequate ,thats proven stuff.
I'v gotten used to it on this board but sometimes I respond. Good luck 6th ring

CCBoy

Reaction score
You are what you are...and Jason Garrett earned the award for this season. Despite being in one game too few in the playoffs.