Recommended Jason Garrett named 2016 PFWA Coach of the Year

CCBoy

Reaction score
That's what i'm saying.

You give most really elite coaches an elite QB and a bunch of scabs and they can do real damage.

With us it's like we have to build the perfect roster and if we don't have the perfect roster then his excusers will use that as their excuse.

At the beginning of the Civil War, the South was victorious...and then they fell behind due to need of tools of war. Kind of like the Cowboys, they had to build a team that could carry the battle...but then they had to be forged in fire. Don't get the cart before the horse, as with other successful and COWBOY teams in our past.

khiladi

Reaction score
mjl.gif

khiladi

Reaction score
Garrett didn't coach any QB... Linehan did.. These days have been over for a year plus now when Jerry rendered him a wall-around coach that spends more time on 'defense'.

dallas-cowboys-coach-jason-garrett-calling-plays-the-boys-are-back-blog_thumb.png

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Two coaches have won 12 games twice in the past three years.

Garrett and Belichick.

That is all.

And which one has more then 1 playoff win in that span?

Exit left and collect your participation trophy on your way out.

Give me Super Bowls Thanks

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Folks are right. Garrett should be fired. Then maybe we could hire someone like Rex Ryan to coach the team. After all, he's been to AFC Championship games with Mark Sanchez as his QB. While we're at it we can cut Doug Free, Tryone Crawford, Byron Jones and trade Tony Romo for JJ Watt and Jadeveon Clowney. Surely if we include a third round pick Houston will take that deal, right?

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
Jason garrett is the nfc version of marvin lewis and andy reid good enough to win some regular season games but cant compete with the big boys in the playoffs

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
I'd take Andy Reid over 99 percent of the guys out there. He's been to a Super Bowl with good but not great Philly teams.

Sydla

Reaction score
Suck it, illiterate and unknowledgeable Cowboy fans. Lol

Suck what?

He had a very good regular season and was rewarded for that. He spit the bit in the playoffs.

He has one playoff win in 6 full seasons as a head coach. I mean how much longer do we need to wait for playoff results? 10 years?

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Undeserving award. I never felt he coached this team to 13-3, the incredible 2016 draft we had won those games.

Then he mismanages the first playoff game and we lose.

It's all moot we're stuck with him and Jerry for a long time. In fact I attribute them to causing loses more than winning by far.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
I'd take Andy Reid over 99 percent of the guys out there. He's been to a Super Bowl with good but not great Philly teams.

T.O. and McNabb were pretty good with Westbrook, not to mention Brian Dawkins, Lito Sheppard, and Michael Lewis. That was a good team. Reid comes up small in the playoffs constantly such as last week.

Plankton

Reaction score
A whole bushel full of embarrassing takes in this thread.

No one, and I mean no one, had this team going 13-3. I doubt that many even thought that they would make the playoffs, much less win the division title after Romo went down in Seattle. Clinching the #1 seed overall with a rookie QB largely considered to be a project, and a suspect defense lacking a pass rush and playmakers? If someone says they saw this coming, then I want to know what the winning lottery numbers are for tonight.

If that's not a great coaching job, then I don't know what qualifies. Yes, the season didn't end as we all hoped, and trust me, no one is more disappointed than I am. But, it's very interesting that the Greek chorus was silent during the season, but emerges after a difficult loss.

If one were to look at my posting history, I was far from a Garrett supporter. I thought that it was BS that he got a pass for the team being 1-7 in 2010 when Wade Phillips was fired, and he was the assistant head coach. I thought that the "coaching search" following the 2010 season was a complete sham, and not done thoroughly and diligently. I didn't see a great coach when the team went 8-8 for three consecutive seasons.

Then, 2014 happened. And, I thought that he did a great job.

Then, 2015 happened. And, I thought that he and the entire staff did a very poor job of coaxing and inspiring performance from the team following Romo's injuries.

Now, he was faced with adversity with Romo's injury, the suspensions of Gregory, Lawrence and McClain and the lingering stench of Greg Hardy, and he led the team to a 13-3 record.

A record that no one saw coming.

And, now people want to make it sound like you could have had this guy coaching the team.......

luv137-Automatic-Pilot.jpg

.....and got the same results.

I'm sorry, but people are insane. Is Garrett perfect? Hell no. Is he the most imaginative coach in the world? No. Can he improve situationally? Absolutely. But, he has the pulse of the team, the respect of the players, and has the organization on the right trajectory.

And people think that he needs to be replaced.

I never cease to be amazed.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
...I'm sorry, but people are insane. Is Garrett perfect? Hell no. Is he the most imaginative coach in the world? No. Can he improve situationally? Absolutely. But, he has the pulse of the team, the respect of the players, and has the organization on the right trajectory.

Pretty much nails it.

Some people only think he needs to be replaced because the alternative is that they were wrong in the first place. It doesn't matter. They were wrong in the first place, regardless.

Plankton

Reaction score
Pretty much nails it.

Some people only think he needs to be replaced because the alternative is that they were wrong in the first place. It doesn't matter. They were wrong in the first place, regardless.

I fully admit that he has won me over. I still want to see improvement, mind you, but the coaching of the team was not a problem this season at all.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
T.O. and McNabb were pretty good with Westbrook, not to mention Brian Dawkins, Lito Sheppard, and Michael Lewis. That was a good team. Reid comes up small in the playoffs constantly such as last week.
I called it a good team. I agree with that point.

The Chiefs are not a great team either. They can't stop the run, their O-line is mediocre, the D-line is supremely talented but was being held together with ace bandages and Alex Smith is their QB.

Sydla

Reaction score
A whole bushel full of embarrassing takes in this thread.

No one, and I mean no one, had this team going 13-3. I doubt that many even thought that they would make the playoffs, much less win the division title after Romo went down in Seattle. Clinching the #1 seed overall with a rookie QB largely considered to be a project, and a suspect defense lacking a pass rush and playmakers? If someone says they saw this coming, then I want to know what the winning lottery numbers are for tonight.

If that's not a great coaching job, then I don't know what qualifies. Yes, the season didn't end as we all hoped, and trust me, no one is more disappointed than I am. But, it's very interesting that the Greek chorus was silent during the season, but emerges after a difficult loss.

If one were to look at my posting history, I was far from a Garrett supporter. I thought that it was BS that he got a pass for the team being 1-7 in 2010 when Wade Phillips was fired, and he was the assistant head coach. I thought that the "coaching search" following the 2010 season was a complete sham, and not done thoroughly and diligently. I didn't see a great coach when the team went 8-8 for three consecutive seasons.

Then, 2014 happened. And, I thought that he did a great job.

Then, 2015 happened. And, I thought that he and the entire staff did a very poor job of coaxing and inspiring performance from the team following Romo's injuries.

Now, he was faced with adversity with Romo's injury, the suspensions of Gregory, Lawrence and McClain and the lingering stench of Greg Hardy, and he led the team to a 13-3 record.

A record that no one saw coming.

And, now people want to make it sound like you could have had this guy coaching the team.......

luv137-Automatic-Pilot.jpg

.....and got the same results.

I'm sorry, but people are insane. Is Garrett perfect? Hell no. Is he the most imaginative coach in the world? No. Can he improve situationally? Absolutely. But, he has the pulse of the team, the respect of the players, and has the organization on the right trajectory.

He needs to be replaced if they don't make the playoffs next year or bomb out early again.

That would be 7 years with only one playoff win. That's embarrassing.

Plankton

Reaction score
He needs to be replaced if they don't make the playoffs next year or bomb out early again.

That would be 7 years with only one playoff win. That's embarrassing.

How about we let next season play itself out before making any declarations?