Recommended Jason Garrett named 2016 PFWA Coach of the Year

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well deserved. He has things he needs to improve as a leader of men, but he's a good coach.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
What makes it phony? PFWA and AP are both just groups of media members. I'm guessing there are many media members with votes for both.
It isn't really phony, but just like the MVP the AP one is considered the most prestigious.
Going by recent history, this means that Garrett is almost certain to win the AP one as well.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
So did they take it to Belichick and he was all like "Guys for the last time I don't give a [expletive]"

But in all seriousness, Garrett deserved it this year.

Reactions: AJC

T-RO

Reaction score
Garrett doesn't deserve nearly as much praise...nor nearly as much criticism as he gets.

He has a very limited role with the team.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Is this the one that counts or a random one? Like usually the AP awards are more prestigious, no?

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
It isn't really phony, but just like the MVP the AP one is considered the most prestigious.
Going by recent history, this means that Garrett is almost certain to win the AP one as well.

Is this the one that counts or a random one? Like usually the AP awards are more prestigious, no?

I think the main difference is that the AP awards are "officially recognized" by the NFL (whatever that actually means).