Twitter: Jason Garrett PC Tweetcap - 11/9/15

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
So they weren't ready for the Eagles to play up tempo ?

a0493d070e6c5d0a79fdb30d292133ce.gif

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
So you're just going to ignore your logical fallacy as if he didn't happen?

And you are going to ignore the fact that the defense you are defending has created only 4 turnovers in 8 games so far this season?

One year is different from the next, especially in the NFL.

Let me remind you again in case you still want to compare things using last year's standard. We have created a total of 4, yes 4, turnovers!

If it worked last year, that's great. It sure as hell ain't working this year. I mean, I guess it really is illogical to think that professional football coaches can, will and have made adjustments to what we are running at them on defense.

So what exactly are you saying? If it worked last year then it should be working this year?

We have more talent on the field this year than we did last year, by a wide margin. The mere fact that you defend 4 turnovers and this defense is the only illogical thing going on here.

I bet you are the kind of guy that would bang your head against a brick wall because you saw someone on the internet do it and knock the wall down. Hey, it worked before, lets keep doing it.

Last edited:

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
"Scratching & Clawing" will probably be on their goofy T shirts this week, they should just say "We need better Coaching"

https://encrypted-tbn2.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTAtelMsObOeJnAvObeNgtl8bND5HgqYvNnZzZ7Bcr8UMogpao

ScaryObedientElectriceel.gif

Zman5

Reaction score
What about last year when it led to takeaways?

Did you sleep through last season?

It looks like Chippy boy moved on from last year and made some adjustments for this year.
Maybe JG should learn from Chippy boy and do the same.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
What about last year when it led to takeaways?

Did you sleep through last season?

I think they got lucky last year.
First lets divide it into 2 categorys
1.Take aways meaning you take the ball from other team forcefully, like the philly/ny pick 6 or a hard hit or strip for a fumble.

2.give aways , by this I mean turnovers you get that are "gifts"
A bal thrown right to a defender or other bad passes, and tipped ball up into the air, fumbles by other team that are the fault of that player
more than something you did.

So I dont remember all the turnovers we got last year, but could be many fell into the # 2 category.

Could be the teams we have played so far are not gifting us any, except like phil in 1st game.
And we are not taking them forcefully, and I agree with no blitzes or pressure, and playing soft coverage you wont get many picks.

Bottom line is you have to be lucky, or very aggressive and bold to get turnovers, and this team just isnt either one of those.

Bay10

ehcrossing
Reaction score
I wonder what kind of bubble gum Jason Garret chews. It must be really good.

Cmac

Reaction score
Well Jason, the season is halfway done, don't you think that "playing the right way should have started game 1?" Just me thinking that if you're not "playing the right way" by game 8, it is probably too late to "start playing the right way."

If Jerry was to fire Jason, does anyone think he would ever get as much as an interview for another head coaching job in the NFL the next 5 years?

Yea......Detroit.

fifaguy

Reaction score
Takeaways would be great but in the meanwhile how about some stops in the 2nd half...

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
JG: "4 takeaways in 8 games isn't good enough

Slow clap of disapproval

Garrett says Darren McFadden is symbolic of this team...fighting, scratching, clawing their *** off

Slow clap of approval

Jason Garrett says the woe is me attitudes "don't exist" with the Dallas Cowboys. Nobody feels sorry for you.

Slow clap of indifference

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Well Jason, the season is halfway done, don't you think that "playing the right way should have started game 1?" Just me thinking that if you're not "playing the right way" by game 8, it is probably too late to "start playing the right way."

If Jerry was to fire Jason, does anyone think he would ever get as much as an interview for another head coaching job in the NFL the next 5 years?

That's part of the problem, I think Jerry is on the hook for 5 year unless JG coaches somewhere else...and the odds of that happening???