Jason Garrett showed that coaching scared leads to a Loss

DHCBF66

Reaction score
It all started with the opening FG to go up 3-0 and then scared to go for it on 4th and 2 with 5 mins left.

What would Doug Pederson or Bill Belechick have done if their team was down 12-10 with 4 mins left and it was 4th and 2? No way in hell they were going to punt the ball. That's the difference between scared coaches and great Coaches.
They both would have punted because they know what could happen if they didn't get the 1st! If Garrett would have went for it and failed I bet you would be on here crying about how stupid Garrett was for going for it when we had the lead.
Let's put the blame where it should be. Moore finially went up against a good team and could not muster enough offense to beat a team that did not score a TD...

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Doug Pederson goes for it on 4th and 5 so I know for a fact he would have went for it on 4th and 2 lol
How many times has he gone for it on 4th and 5?

how much time was left in the game?

Was it a "get the 1st or lose the game" situation?

factors....not Madden!

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
They both would have punted because they know what could happen if they didn't get the 1st! If Garrett would have went for it and failed I bet you would be on here crying about how stupid Garrett was for going for it when we had the lead.
Let's put the blame where it should be. Moore finially went up against a good team and could not muster enough offense to beat a team that did not score a TD...

But you cant think like that. You have to believe you WILL GET IT

CCBoy

Reaction score
It all started with the opening FG to go up 3-0 and then scared to go for it on 4th and 2 with 5 mins left.

What would Doug Pederson or Bill Belechick have done if their team was down 12-10 with 4 mins left and it was 4th and 2? No way in hell they were going to punt the ball. That's the difference between scared coaches and great Coaches.

Perhaps, making a team compare directly with another good team, forges an even tougher team down the road. Gimmicks don't win games at that level...execution does. Execution is where the team stumbled tonight.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
it feels like all the time. He hates punting
I have rarely seem him go for it on 4th down. You go for it on 4th down on 2 different situations...
1. you have a lead in the 1st half with less than 2 minutes (lead being 14 or more points) and you are on your 40 yard line or better.

2. There are minutes left in the game and you need a score to tie or win. If there is no hope for a win, go for it, cant hurt!

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
When a team is getting pressure the way the Saints were you need to start running RB screens, TE screens and WR screens. And sprinkle in a couple of throws to the RB in the flat.

I mean do the Cowboys not have a getting pressured play calling sheet? Because that's what it seems like.