Jason Garrett the underlying problem

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
khiladi;2486693 said:
Well, he should. I wish he was as good an OC, as he was a DC, because this offense would be ridiculous. He took over the defense from Stewart, didn't he?

Is Garrett too stupid to not realize he needs to change... The guy has been given free reign to coach the team offensively. It isn't Wade's responsibility. Wade didn't make JG the highest-paid coordinator in history...

BTW, Wade is the one that went to Houck and asked him Holland was ready to play. And once he said he was, then Holland started. Why didn't Garrett do it?

Because Garrett is clueless.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2488861 said:
TO was here before Garrett was.

I wonder how the bonehead trashing Garrett out for being clueless and not using Owens correctly will explain the fact that Owens had a better yr last yr with Garrett as OC than the previous yr under Sparano, and he played in one and 1/2 less games in doing it. In fact it was one of the best seasons of his career.

khiladi

Reaction score
dbair1967;2488883 said:
I wonder how the bonehead trashing Garrett out for being clueless and not using Owens correctly will explain the fact that Owens had a better yr last yr with Garrett as OC than the previous yr under Sparano, and he played in one and 1/2 less games in doing it. In fact it was one of the best seasons of his career.

Zorn started off how good with the Commanders? And teams finally caught on to Garrett by the end of the year... It was the offense that stunk in the play-offs last yea...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
khiladi;2488900 said:
Zorn started off how good with the Commanders? And teams finally caught on to Garrett by the end of the year... It was the offense that stunk in the play-offs last yea...

The offense stunk because the QB and star WR were both playing at far less than 100%

Eskimo

Reaction score
Garrett's problem is that he is playing with 4.5 OL when Holland is in the game and that is a handicap that no amount of talent at the skill positions can easily overcome. Proctor's incompetence is of epic proportions and I am shocked that Houck took him into the year as the primary backup at C - although I will give him credit for bringing in Holland (and deduct some for taking him so long to get ready to play).

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
dbair1967;2488883 said:

They won't... They'll just ignore it. Or claim that TO would have been even better with a real OC. Or QB. Or something.

I knew TO had a lot of fans, and I've seen for three years now what a Pied Piper he can be to come people, and I'm STILL shocked that some people are throwing everyone else on the team under the bus in his name.

I really didn't think fans could ever turn on Witten and Romo, but it's happened. If they can be thrown under the 18-wheeler, I guess Garrett definitely can.

khiladi

Reaction score
dbair1967;2488902 said:
The offense stunk because the QB and star WR were both playing at far less than 100%

Ah, so Garrett relies on TR and TO to make his offense run. That is what I thought.... He can't do crap without them... He can't shorten routes when his QBs pinkie is hurt... He can't run screens to counter-act the pressure the Giants are coming with.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
bbailey423;2483924 said:
If Garrett could coordinate an offense that did not require a Ferrari at every position.....we would not have so many "weapons" who want and feel like they deserve the ball. I remember Deion pointing out when signed Roy Williams that Garrett needs to make better use of the talent he has instead of having the owner throw more money at the offense to cover up his inablitity to figure out how to get TO the ball. He inherited a top 5 offense from Tony Sparano...and has turned it into a top 5 offense. Tony Sparano was basically told to move over because "the Messiah" has arrived. So what do we do...we make Garrett the highest paid coordinator in the history of the NFL...give him all the weapons in the world...and now we are witnessing this blow up in our face. How long did you think it was going to last that all of these guys were not going to start wanting the football?

I agree that Garret gets ALOT of the blame. Too many weapons to not be successful.
- Not designing plays specifically for individual weapons

BUT.. some blame goes to the players as well - lack of execution.
- Romo missing some throws
- Romo not getting through his reads to get it to the MOST open man

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2488934 said:
I really didn't think fans could ever turn on Witten and Romo, but it's happened. If they can be thrown under the 18-wheeler, I guess Garrett definitely can.

Yeah. Romo and Witten are both perfect and exempt from any constructive criticism. :rolleyes: