Twitter: Jason Peters makes his debut tonight

slick325

Reaction score
I hope Peters will be able to pull when asked or reach on zone blocks, get to the second level as a guard. I would rather the rookie move inside to guard. But hey...we shall see.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Tyron Smith hearing Tyler's staying at LT........

I would argue this is the first official sign that Tyron's career as the Cowboy's starting LT is over. If Tyler continues to play and improve, no way Tyron's getting his job back.

crying-sad.gif

Tyron might actually do well to move to LG.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Moving from LT to LG is a completely different story than going from LT to RG.

It isn’t particularly the move from tackle to guard that is the issue… it is going from the left side to the right that is difficult.

It is really hard on OL to switch their “handedness” when they’ve always been on one side.

Bigtex67

Reaction score
So with Peters at LG.
Zeke and Pollard will each have 100 yards. Zeke gets his rushing, Tony combo of rush and receiving.
Tony breaks a long TD run, over 40 yards. Zeke has a 30 yard run.

Your fingertips to God's ear!!!

Jarntt

Reaction score
Glad to see him playing. Let’s see how he does. Personally I’d play him at LT and T Smith 73 at LG but I’m fine with either alignment as long as we get our best 5 out there

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He is like Baidasz on his rookie campaign.

Possibly. Most young lineman need some time to grow. Funny how Biadasz never got that kind of time from the trolls. He continues to prove them wrong.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Possibly. Most young lineman need some time to grow. Funny how Biadasz never got that kind of time from the trolls. He continues to prove them wrong.
Im good with farming OL, thats what most teams have to do.
As a fan base we need instant fix it these days, and its actually the truth, but with OL its especially true what the Big Tuna used to preach and that is 3 years to prove something, and that was back in the day.
Identifying and installing talent quickly is the way you win games today, and investing in bad contracts is how you stall the process.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Im good with farming OL, thats what most teams have to do.
As a fan base we need instant fix it these days, and its actually the truth, but with OL its especially true what the Big Tuna used to preach and that is 3 years to prove something, and that was back in the day.
Identifying and installing talent quickly is the way you win games today, and investing in bad contracts is how you stall the process.

Ironically, Biadasz is the only "after the first round" Olineman that has actually worked out in a while. Not that he is a finished product. But guys like Williams and Mcgovern have been disappointments.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Moving from LT to LG is a completely different story than going from LT to RG.

It isn’t particularly the move from tackle to guard that is the issue… it is going from the left side to the right that is difficult.

It is really hard on OL to switch their “handedness” when they’ve always been on one side.
And the footwork changes too. Pushing off with the opposite leg takes a lot of getting used to, if you ever do.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Ironically, Biadasz is the only "after the first round" Olineman that has actually worked out in a while. Not that he is a finished product. But guys like Williams and Mcgovern have been disappointments.
I liked how Biadasz was showing recognition, and throwing out line calls last weekend vs the Bengal D.
That shows me a young center that is starting to click, and I want to see more of that, it gets contagious quickly.

Flamma

Reaction score
I was thinking the same based on the "future is now" statement. Jerry will have two HOF left tackles playing elsewhere or not playing at all.

I knew Peters wasn't going to replace the Rookie if he held his own out at LT. But if Tyron is at full strength and ready to go, they'll move the rookie inside. The thing is, I'm not sure Tyron will ever get to that point again this season.

Stak78

Reaction score
What happens when Tyron comes back? Maybe they will shut him down for the season if Tyler is playing well. I don't think Tyron will give a meritocracy speech.
Tyron is done. He’s played his last down as a Cowboy.