Jason Watkins is off my list..

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many reps Trevor Canfield of Cincinnati did? That kid has a mean streak.

dmoore

Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2646978 said:
meanwhile South Carolina OT Jamon Meredith, a guy we have a great shot to draft in the 2nd, benched 225, 31 times

he's only 289lbs., but the dude is strong

edit: listed at 304lbs. now

I like Meredith a lot. He moves well for his size. I don't think tackle's our biggest need, but there's a very good chance that the best player available at our pick is a tackle. It's a pretty solid class, with some legitimate LT prospects.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
The main weakness with Jason Watkins is that he is said to have a stiff back and is a waist bender. He needs to bend his knees.

Watkins needs a redshirt year to get stronger and work on technique.

Phil Loadholt could be an immediate swing guy for Dallas. Most reports have him moving to RT, but I've read some reports where he could be play LT. It just might not be his best position. He's been arrested twice if Scott Wright is correct. That goes against him.

I know many don't like him, but if he fell to late round two, you could move up and snag him ahead of the Steelers aftter you picked at # 51.

Vela thinks he's a candidate for # 51.

IMO, the Cowboys, Bears, and Steelers will all be looking at these three guys:

Herman Johnson
Due Robinson
Phil Loadholt

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Silverstar;2647153 said:
One guy I like even more now is C/G Eric Wood. He got 30 reps today and has good size at 6-4 310. Played well at the Senior Bowl and has a nasty type of demeanor. Set the Lousville record by starting 49 straight games. Can probably play guard in a pinch and would be a solid backup to Gurode. Projected to go somewhere in the 3rd round right now.

Analysis -

Positives: Taller than most centers, but not too upright in pass protection and can still cut block. Works hard on every play, and goes through the whistle. Gets off the ball quickly and gets into the numbers of his man. Can drive back smaller tackles and sustain. Leader of the line and makes the calls. Permanent team captain in 2008. Solid anchor, using his arms and feet to keep tackles on the line. Will pancake smaller tackles when he gets the inside shoulder. Uses his hands and feet to position blockers, creating holes inside. Picks up late blitzers up the middle. Reliable snap to the quarterback.

Negatives: Not as nimble as some teams may want their pivot man. Can adequately combo to the middle linebacker and get in front of screens at the college level, but may have issues handling NFL speed in the open field. Only adequate in getting his pads low to drive block, and could improve there.
I really like that kid as well.

Looks like a solid interior guy.

Need to know how football smart he is but if he can make proper line calls he could be a long time starter at Center.

BTW, Louis Vasquez from Texas Tech killed the bench with 39 reps.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
btw, I would never draft an OL that can not do 20 reps at 225.

I am 5'11", 205 with long arms for my body type so I can gauge the difficulty of the exercise. And with 2 other guys of near the same proportions and all in the mid 30's or older we all use 225 as a warm up weight. Doing 20 should be cake for any OL who is in any type of shape.

If a guy can't do 20 reps then he is likely not going to be a very good blocker with the game on the line in the 4th quarter.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Jamon Meredith just ran a 5.03, that's 2nd so far to Nebraska's Lydon Murtha who ran a 4.89 at 306lbs. wow, dude is 6'7" also