Recommended Jason Witten is returning to the Cowboys **merged**

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If hes just playing half of the snaps thats dandy. He will be more effective . Now who are they gonna bring in to be the Starter on passing downs and red zone receiver? Cook or Eiffert?
Neither. They have their TE's. At most they draft a TE middle to late

conner01

Reaction score
About half the snaps is correct. He'll split TE1 snaps with Eifert and they'll occasionally play them together, and Jarwin/Schultz will get some spot opportunites (5-10 snaps each per game). Rico is a goner.
With witten they won’t and shouldn’t sign Eifert

Last edited:

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
They just showed old highlights from a practice in the news and the only thing I noticed was how fast and quick the ball came out of Romos hand

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now they have the ammo to move back into the first round and grab Hockenson!

How do they now have the ammo to move into the first round, and how does signing Witten indicate they would want to pay the price to move into the first round to get another TE?

408Cowboy

Reaction score
How do they now have the ammo to move into the first round, and how does signing Witten indicate they would want to pay the price to move into the first round to get another TE?
S-A-R-C-A-S-M

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dear Jerry-
Maybe you would like to get Troy and Romo back...maybe Jay Novacek...or...just go for the glory Jerry...get Roger and Drew Pearson back. Think of the jersey sales Jerry. You won’t be a good football team but when has that been the goal?

Signed,
The fans tired of your circus

Techsass

Reaction score
I hope he's still got his uncanny ability to always get open. Everybody's numbers were down in 2017, so hopefully he gets his average back up over 9 yards. I don't know if he was ever the mentor type, but he was a real team leader.

Johnny23

Reaction score
I'd rather roll the dice and have the potential of Eifert playing and if he can't going with Jarwin over a non- dynamic limited Jason Witten.

Witten isn't a whole lot better then Jarwin at this point.

Eifert is better then both by quite a bit.
Nope. Draft one of the better tight ends in the draft and let Witten be the backup like he's agreed to. There's so many good tight ends that can be had. I would take a chance on one of them. Eifert is damaged goods. Rookie,witten anf have Jarwin schultz right for the 3rd spot.

Blitzen

Reaction score

Straight up trade. HOF tight end for an unproven rookie. Insert ridiculing sarcasm.

conner01

Reaction score
No they shouldn't. He's played on average 5.6 games a season since 2015.
fixed it
They shouldn’t
If you had signed Witten and you could get him at min with incentives it made sense
With Witten you don’t need a filler guy
They may draft another guy but I wouldn’t sign a FA

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OffensiveFarawayAbalone-small.gif
:popcorn:

SSoup

Reaction score
On his way to becoming the Brett Favre of TE's
Did Favre miss a year?

I thought he un-retired within weeks and never missed even a single regular season game with his brief retirement.

But maybe I'm condensing that time in my mind?