Adult Language Jason Witten on All or Nothing

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Cowboys to recognize Jason Witten's longevity.
Pro Bowl tight end to wear AARP patch on Jersey in 2018:laugh:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was a good speech:omg:
But he better be on the bench at least 40% of the time this year if this is a team that truly moving forward

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Witten is STILL the best TE on the roster. Maybe some of you should look toward management rather than whining about Witten being old.

sideon

Reaction score
Lol, like they haven’t. None of them could hold a candle to Jason. Fasano, Hanna, and Bennett are unemployed/retired. And everybody’s favorite 6th round project has yet to make the squad, much less take a starting role. He can’t beat out Jarwin, much less Witten.

I know it’s fun to pretend it’s the player telling the coaches what to do when it comes to Jason, but that’s not how the league works.
Bennett had a good career with the Bears, a productive year for the Giants, and a SB ring with the Pats. They had their TE but got rid of him because they didn't want to develop him.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bennett had a good career with the Bears, a productive year for the Giants, and a SB ring with the Pats. They had their TE but got rid of him because they didn't want to develop him.

Marty was drafted to block and he was really good at it. But he had zero shot of unseating Witten during his Dallas years when Witten was in his prime.

sideon

Reaction score
Marty was drafted to block and he was really good at it. But he had zero shot of unseating Witten during his Dallas years when Witten was in his prime.
They drafted him to block but he could also catch, and Bennett not having a shot at unseating Witten is exactly what's wrong with the Cowboys now. The Cowboys basically just find guys to fill in case of an injury which means they wind up with a team full of backup players at best. There's always going to be a drop off from a starter to a backup, but with the Cowboys it's always a massive drop off.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They drafted him to block but he could also catch, and Bennett not having a shot at unseating Witten is exactly what's wrong with the Cowboys now. The Cowboys basically just find guys to fill in case of an injury which means they wind up with a team full of backup players at best. There's always going to be a drop off from a starter to a backup, but with the Cowboys it's always a massive drop off.

Go look at Witten's stats during Marty B's tenure in Dallas. He had some of the best years of his career including 3 pro bowls and one all-pro selection while Bennet played in Dallas. Bennet was a talented but marginal player most of his career. Someone like him is not going to unseat a HOF TE in his prime.

The puzzling part was always why they spent a second round pick on a TE, not why Bennet couldn't get any catches.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Lol, like they haven’t. None of them could hold a candle to Jason. Fasano, Hanna, and Bennett are unemployed/retired. And everybody’s favorite 6th round project has yet to make the squad, much less take a starting role. He can’t beat out Jarwin, much less Witten.

I know it’s fun to pretend it’s the player telling the coaches what to do when it comes to Jason, but that’s not how the league works.

fasano was a good player and had a good feel with Tony Romo. He was part of that group of guys that was close also. He has played in 180 games and caught 36 touchdowns. he should have been here a long time. Garrett shipping him off for nothing without ever having given a clear answer is still ridiculous to me. He was the perfect compliment. He would have only got better here.

Garrett screwed that up. Bennett was not only not a better player but he was a problem in the locker room and spoke out against the quarterback and witten publicly. Everything about dumping fasano all these years later still stinks.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
Not that impressed

I am tired of words and process and RKGs

If Romo and Witten and Ware and Dez and Lee all played a little better we might have a few more playoff wins...... the rebuild has been too long
this times a hundred

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Here is what I don't understand.....and this isn't a knock on Witten. Dude has been a stud for years, despite us needing to groom someone else and being a little JG like. My point is we've seen JG cussing up a storm wanting to puke a hoagie and we've seen Witten go off when the team needed a boost. But the reality is we ended up basically .500. So are people not heeding the message? Do we not have the right guys that care? Something is off if this theme pops up and nothing happens.

GMO415

Reaction score
They need to watch what was said in the iggles team meetings because apparently it worked through a ton of adversity

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if things don't change this year witten is going to end up retired never winning a divisional playoff game he is a great player and has accomplished lots of individual goals as a dallas cowboy but as a team they always come up empty when it counts who can cuss the loudest and the longest don't make u a winner

erod

Reaction score
Not sure, but I think that we need new blood in there. We need explosive players on the front line, not a 5 yard turn around guy that more times than not, misses the first down marker by a yard.
Look around the league. There are VERY few tight ends worth a crap.

Witten is still top 15. Easily. People think tight ends are just lying around everywhere. They're rare commodities, especially guys that can block and catch. Lots of blockers, lots of catchers, but very few that can do both.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
They need to watch what was said in the iggles team meetings because apparently it worked through a ton of adversity

I can tell you one thing that wasn't in their team meetings? A fake coach who talks about throwing up Italian subs and finds a way to use it in a showy speech.