Adult Language Jason Witten on All or Nothing

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I'm disappointed in Witten for using foul language.
The players know they are being filmed and are playing up to the camera.

Haha, maybe but this is certainly not the first time I've heard Witten swear. He cusses like a sailor.

erod

Reaction score
You ever heard of the Saints? 20th ranked defense, won Super Bowl. How about the Giants? 24th ranked defense, won the super bowl. So there goes that argument.

Your guys, weren't good enough. Time for a new regime to see what the current crop can do, without Witten. But you win, cause obviously he's not going anywhere.

Football doesn't work like that. For most of those years, Dallas had no running game at all. No defense whatsoever. Not a hint of a pass rush. Just a QB that had to basically win or lose every game all by himself. If he could Houdini his way into a place to throw, he had Witten and a long list of receivers that came and went.

It was a toxic approach to football. Those Saints and Giants had good offensive lines, a reasonable pass rush, and their defenses were not even close to the depths of hopelessness we watched around here.

Now, we've fixed the run game, and the defense is slowly inching along to getting better on occasion. But now we have QB questions.

Jerry.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I remember when Garrett gave that moving speech in NY in 2015 before the Giants game. Great stuff. Really worked out well too...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Football doesn't work like that. For most of those years, Dallas had no running game at all. No defense whatsoever. Not a hint of a pass rush. Just a QB that had to basically win or lose every game all by himself. If he could Houdini his way into a place to throw, he had Witten and a long list of receivers that came and went.

It was a toxic approach to football. Those Saints and Giants had good offensive lines, a reasonable pass rush, and their defenses were not even close to the depths of hopelessness we watched around here.

Now, we've fixed the run game, and the defense is slowly inching along to getting better on occasion. But now we have QB questions.

Jerry.
But according to erod, bad defenses can't win championships, and we have QB questions? Yeah, your QB, Tony Romo, couldn't even get close. And now your TE, Jason Witten, is still left from the non glory days. Time to clean out the trash and move forward.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't think so.

But I intend to put on the the Tricorne, cutlass and blunderbuss arrrrgggg
Brain--- i found how one can get "all or nothing" series from amazon free..."Watchseries.to"...but will have to wait for this years cowboy series..i am currently watching "all or nothing" on "Watchseries.to" of 2105 and 2016 Arizona Cardinals..."Watchseries.to" you can usually watch any current playing tv program for free..some say it should be an illegal site but its not...you can get a lot more shows then Netflix and its free..but i will have to wait to see cowboys...probably another 3 months...i did sign up for amazon prime but it wont play on my old computer where as "Watchseries.to" will...just wanted to share the info bro

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BRAIN-- so you got the "all or nothing" series for cowboys...just one question...is it good?

I am basically saying that if I do get to watch it...chances it will be from someone putting it up on youtube (which is not really allowed)...or on a streaming site that is basically pirating paid material. Which might be what Watchseries.to seems to be.

I pay for Google radio/Youtube red and I pay for Netflix...not joining another paid service at this time.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am basically saying that if I do get to watch it...chances it will be from someone putting it up on youtube (which is not really allowed)...or on a streaming site that is basically pirating paid material. Which might be what Watchseries.to seems to be.

I pay for Google radio/Youtube red and I pay for Netflix...not joining another paid service at this time.
i have been using Watchseries for 5 years....and often i can watch shows a day in advance but at least all the time 2-3 hours in advance of network showing...i dont see it as pirating or stealing..if its on the internet and there are no disclaimers that its illegal how can a viewer be doing anything illegal?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's a shame how he's a victim of undeserved criticism on this site. If you need a 1st down, he's the best thing we have to get one. Deal with it, miscontents!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Jerry.

To say we had no running game is false. We typically had an average running game. From 2006-2014 we averaged 16.5 ranking on total yards with 2012 being worst at 31st in the league and 2004 being best at 2nd in the league.

During that same time, our average yards per attempt ranked 11.5 with 2009 being 2nd best in league and 2012 being 30th in the league.

From and attempts standpoint, we averaged 20th in the league in attempts. 2014 was our best year in total attempts raking 3rd best, and 2012 and 2013 as our worst years ranking 31st fewest rushing attempts in the league.

2009 sticks out to me as we ranked 21st in the league in # of attempts yet were averaging the 2nd best yards per attempts and finished with the 7th highest total yards.

We had the ability to run the ball but we focused on passing the ball. For years fans would continually complain the team wouldn't run the football enough. Garrett would even say in his press conferences they needed to stick with the run, but would continue getting away from it in favor of the pass.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But according to erod, bad defenses can't win championships, and we have QB questions? Yeah, your QB, Tony Romo, couldn't even get close. And now your TE, Jason Witten, is still left from the non glory days. Time to clean out the trash and move forward.

It’s about passing efficiency differential more than being about either offense or defense. Problem is, when it’s Romo v Rodgers on one side of the equation, you’re at a disadvantage. About all you can expect from Romo is a draw there. You should expect even less from Dak right now. Then, when you give Rodgers 8 full seconds to find a receiver and some refs who won’t call holding....

erod

Reaction score
To say we had no running game is false. We typically had an average running game. From 2006-2014 we averaged 16.5 ranking on total yards with 2012 being worst at 31st in the league and 2004 being best at 2nd in the league.

During that same time, our average yards per attempt ranked 11.5 with 2009 being 2nd best in league and 2012 being 30th in the league.

From and attempts standpoint, we averaged 20th in the league in attempts. 2014 was our best year in total attempts raking 3rd best, and 2012 and 2013 as our worst years ranking 31st fewest rushing attempts in the league.

2009 sticks out to me as we ranked 21st in the league in # of attempts yet were averaging the 2nd best yards per attempts and finished with the 7th highest total yards.

We had the ability to run the ball but we focused on passing the ball. For years fans would continually complain the team wouldn't run the football enough. Garrett would even say in his press conferences they needed to stick with the run, but would continue getting away from it in favor of the pass.
There were a couple years sprinkled in, but 3rd-and-short was longtime problem here. Could not get a yard. No push up front.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i have been using Watchseries for 5 years....and often i can watch shows a day in advance but at least all the time 2-3 hours in advance of network showing...i dont see it as pirating or stealing..if its on the internet and there are no disclaimers that its illegal how can a viewer be doing anything illegal?

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

I have seen many pirating sites and rarely do I ever see an official disclaimer...don't recall ever seeing one on the Pirate Bay when it was the big one.

Might want to check out Set TV....their customers actually pay for the service yet they are getting sued...

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/set-tv-is-being-sued-by-netflix-amazon-other-major-studios/

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

I have seen many pirating sites and rarely do I ever see an official disclaimer...don't recall ever seeing one on the Pirate Bay when it was the big one.

Might want to check out Set TV....their customers actually pay for the service yet they are getting sued...

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/set-tv-is-being-sued-by-netflix-amazon-other-major-studios/
Yes ignorance is no excuse....i still do not see how a consumer who types in a site and if flows on in is at fault?....it would be easy to attach a file saying..if you go here its illegal and you can be prosecuted to the full extent of the law...then...the consumer is aware...or like...i type in a site that originates from Europe to watch NFL games live for free...the NFL makes north of 15 billion a year off consumers..over 80% of that in USA...but they allow Europe to watch live NFLgamepass but NFLGamepass wont allow american consumers to watch live...if that does not sound prejudice toward your own country what does????...and the inflated pockets of NFL brass say..No man we still dont have enough after we have raped you guys...just plain wrong...and we go and die for this country if called upon...i was in US NAVY for 9 years and i signed over my life if called upon...but i am not allowed to watch NFL live unless my pocket book gets raped....but the European people who many hate our guts get to watch live for minimal payment...it is plain wrong on all levels...i am not ignorant of these true facts

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
There were a couple years sprinkled in, but 3rd-and-short was longtime problem here. Could not get a yard. No push up front.
Still, I think this is a perception that is false. Based upon the splits, the Cowboys rushed 245 times on 3rd/4th downs with 1-2 yards remaining. They converted 164 first downs and 18 touchdowns for a 74.3% success rate from 2006-2014.

There were 2 years that stood out which were significantly lower than the rest...2009 @ 62% and 2011 at 56%. We had one year significantly higher at 88.9% conversion (2007).

All other years were pretty good. 2014 is probably a year that we think of as the best running year with Tony as our QB, and they converted 77.4%. There were 4 other years that we had better conversion %'s higher than that year (2006, 2007, 2012, and 2013).

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
It’s about passing efficiency differential more than being about either offense or defense. Problem is, when it’s Romo v Rodgers on one side of the equation, you’re at a disadvantage. About all you can expect from Romo is a draw there. You should expect even less from Dak right now. Then, when you give Rodgers 8 full seconds to find a receiver and some refs who won’t call holding....
All of that sounds pretty good, but results are what goes down in the History books. So now we get to see what this new regime can do, hopefully without Witten.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Here is what I don't understand.....and this isn't a knock on Witten. Dude has been a stud for years, despite us needing to groom someone else and being a little JG like. My point is we've seen JG cussing up a storm wanting to puke a hoagie and we've seen Witten go off when the team needed a boost. But the reality is we ended up basically .500. So are people not heeding the message? Do we not have the right guys that care? Something is off if this theme pops up and nothing happens.
Good post. they haven't had a respected leader on the team in a long time. Haley, Irvin, Aikman, Woodson could all back their words with their play on the field. I would say currently Lee is the closest to that but he's hurt half the time. These JG RKG's are just yes men, but don't seem to inspire others. We need a few passionate leaders on both sides of the ball and HC.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All of that sounds pretty good, but results are what goes down in the History books. So now we get to see what this new regime can do, hopefully without Witten.

You gotta know how to get the results, though. There's a reason why, as good as he is, Rodgers only has the one Superbowl title himself. Just like there's a reason Eli has two, or Joe Flacco or Nick Foles has one.