Jason Witten on NBC 5

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
on NBC 5 here in the DFW area, sports extra show with Newy and others they did a story about Witten, his success and work ethic.
it also told about him growing up in a household affected by domestic violence as his dad dealt with drug and alcohol problems.
i had never heard of this before and he uses this as motivation to help groups that deal with that issue.
good story and just adds to my admiration for Mr. Witten.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Jason Witten is my # 1 player on the team, T O is second, I love Jason Witten/

I think Witten grew up in the Cowboys Giants loss, at the end of the game, they say he cried and cried. Then, when a media writer walked onto the field at OTAs, wearing a Giant cap, Witten yelled at him twice.

then, when othe coaches, players were shaking strahan hands, giving him bear hugs, Witten said it just made him sick to see Strahan. Thats what you want, determination not to let this happen again. Then, see that other players dont either.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Oh yeah, i forgot to add, just in case your wondering, chris Canty is my next cowboys in line, then leonard davis, if you wanted to know,

i still have a time dealing with romo and his smile, dont get me wrong, i like him, but i want him to grow up and be more serious, he is starting to show that,

but due to the 2 losses in playoffs, now he has to earn that, im not going to be fooled again, they have to show me now, if they really want it in december and the playoffs.

sago1

Reaction score
I think Witten is a great guy and player as well as you won't get any arguement with me on him.

But you also have to factor in that this is Witten's 6th season as a starter compared with Romo's 3rd. Witten was highly regarded coming out of school while Romo was an afterthought as an undrafted kid. It's just weird that Romo plays so well during the regular season to the point we go 13-3 but we lose the playoff game & suddenly he's dirt in so many minds. I know it's all about what has he done for me lately but still like Jason Garrett said "Romo is still a very young QB in terms of his development".

Spectre

Reaction score
Witten is what EVERY pro athlete should strive to be.
A grade A class act and a phenomenol team player and performer.
My hat is always off to this guy.