Video: Jason Witten stops mid-interview to rubberneck Dez's rant

rags747

Reaction score
Every body ax yourself this:

Would player rants happen in front of Parcells or Jimma?

Maybe, but they'd sit the next game (unless you were the QB or star RB) or be waived the next day.

I don't remember Irvin sitting under Johnson...McGyver and haircuts come to mind? Probably wrong spelling...

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
At its loudest you can hear dez say: "If you are going to report something, report it right."

That doesn't sound to me like he is upset about a racial slur.

Other videos show he is. Check youtube, language is bad.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Witten is the ULTIMATE PROFESSIONAL. He practices and plays hard everyday. It is a shame that some of the other players on the team do not follow his lead. Give me 53 players like Witten and there would be many more Super Bowl Trophies in the cabinet at Valley Ranch.

That would mean Dallas would have 53 illegal motion penalties per game because Jason is good for one a game.

I kid, I kid... I love Witt.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

Maybe, but they'd sit the next game (unless you were the QB or star RB) or be waived the next day.

If you think Jimmy would have cut Dez, then you just weren't paying attention to his time in Dallas. Dez could have done that to Jimmy's wife and Johnson wouldn't have done anything about it.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If you think Jimmy would have cut Dez, then you just weren't paying attention to his time in Dallas. Dez could have done that to Jimmy's wife and Johnson wouldn't have done anything about it.

That ist, in its face ludicrous. But let us and tomato set it aside.
I IMPLIED star players be excluded from Jimma's or Parcells's wrath. DID YOU MISUNCOMPREHEND? YEAH I AM LOOKING AT YOU!
SIR.

SO
MAYBE it was you, Mr. Doing to the Wife Scenarioist, who jumped to confusions!
Dont make go gangstah!!!
holla

Kaiser

Reaction score
CTpFDmYWIAEgLgQ.jpg

The Defense created a turnover???

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score

Um, no...that wouldn't happen.

YR

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
That didn't look like rubbernecking, looked like he was ready to jump in if it was out of control. Apparently he didn't think it was something worth getting involved in.

Seemed like he went the opposite way! Apparently he isn't the leader we perceived him to be, a real leader would've calmed the situation down and not have ran the other way!

Cmac

Reaction score
Witten is the ULTIMATE PROFESSIONAL. He practices and plays hard everyday. It is a shame that some of the other players on the team do not follow his lead. Give me 53 players like Witten and there would be many more Super Bowl Trophies in the cabinet at Valley Ranch.

Have to agree....JWitt is a professional.....but the media has never come after him.....not even the Cabo trip.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Seemed like he went the opposite way! Apparently he isn't the leader we perceived him to be, a real leader would've calmed the situation down and not have ran the other way!

If you watch a longer version of it you see he just goes over and checks it out but at that point not much is happening. Maybe the fact that he just walked over there had a calming effect like any leader would, w/o having to do or say anything. Now if Joseph Randle had been there and walked over it prob would have continued or escalated. Thats the difference.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score

Wasnt she his X wife at that point? If I had an X, Dez could yell at her any time he wanted. :D

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I like and admire the fact that Witten is a leader in the sense that he appears to have assumed the role formerly held by guys like Kevin Gogan who have acted as our sargeant of arms, so to speak. It never hurts to have somebody available who's willing to act as a peacemaker in troubled times of stress and turmoil.