jason witten

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1745389 said:
I thought it was interesting that they didn't throw a flag on that play. I mean, to me, the defender clearly lead with his helmet. It was clearly a helmet to helmet hit and the guy did leave his feet to deliver that blow. To me, that was easily a foul. Should have been 15. I'd be shocked if the league didn't hand down a pretty decent fine on that.

It's only a penalty if the reciever is "Defenseless". If the recievers gets his feet on the ground, he is no longer defenseless.

Not a thing wrong with that hit.

CaptainMorgan

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1745389 said:
I thought it was interesting that they didn't throw a flag on that play. I mean, to me, the defender clearly lead with his helmet. It was clearly a helmet to helmet hit and the guy did leave his feet to deliver that blow. To me, that was easily a foul. Should have been 15. I'd be shocked if the league didn't hand down a pretty decent fine on that.

Sorry his name wasnt "Roy Williams" there wont be any fine for that hit.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Rack;1745407 said:
It's only a penalty if the reciever is "Defenseless". If the recievers gets his feet on the ground, he is no longer defenseless.

I thought it might have been one of those "gray area" calls for leading with the crown of the helmet. Either way, the helmet being ripped from his head probably should have been called, but either way, it was an amazing play and I'm not complaining. :)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Rack;1745407 said:

If I am not mistaken, it's still a penalty to lead with headgear and it's still a penalty to leave your feet to deliver a hit regardless of the position of the ball carrier.

I think it was a penalty.

CaptainMorgan

Reaction score
Rack;1745407 said:

Theres nothing wrong with a defender leading and hitting helmet to helmet?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
JerryFan;1745321 said:
I agree 100%. Some people like it some don't, but IMO Witten deserves it. The guy is a beast in every phase of the game. IMO when BP talked about him the way he did when we played the Pats that he was more then a one dimensional player. BP rarely gives praise like that to players but he was more then willing to say he much he loved Jason Witten as a football player. Someone needs to tell Madden that Witten played with a broken jaw his rookie year. Talk about tough Geez!

I bet noone was hootin' and hollerin' more than Parcells on that play

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1745418 said:
If I am not mistaken, it's still a penalty to lead with headgear and it's still a penalty to leave your feet to deliver a hit regardless of the position of the ball carrier.

I think it was a penalty.

It wasn't. The refs were right to pick up the flag.

If anything they could of called the other guy for ripping Witten's helmet off, but there was nothing wrong with the hit.

As far as leading with the crown of the helmet, it appeared to me he hit him with the facemask. That's legal.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
I say this with an unblemished hetersexual record..............

I want to make sweet manlove to Witten.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
CaptainMorgan;1745430 said:
Theres nothing wrong with a defender leading and hitting helmet to helmet?

It's freakin' football.

There was nothing wrong or illegal about it.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
yeah Rack, you can't lead w/ the crown of your helmet

we'll see, but I'm pretty sure he gets a fine

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
CowboyWay;1745449 said:
I say this with an unblemished hetersexual record..............

I want to make sweet manlove to Witten.

:laugh2::laugh2::lmao:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Rack;1745445 said:
It wasn't. The refs were right to pick up the flag.

If anything they could of called the other guy for ripping Witten's helmet off, but there was nothing wrong with the hit.

As far as leading with the crown of the helmet, it appeared to me he hit him with the facemask. That's legal.

You can not leave your feet to deliver a hit. That's the Darrel Stingly rule. That clearly happened on that play. Doesn't matter if the receiver has come down or not. You can't do it. I know the refs picked it up but that's illegal. I think it was a penalty and I think the league will fine him.

I guess we'll see.

AtomicDog

Reaction score
lane;1745070 said:
that was the best play i've ever seen in the national football league..

Funny, but after he lost his helmet, I was hoping he would go down gently so as not to get hurt. But then he decides that he can run it aways now without his helmet!! Typically he's not much on YAC.

But the play of the year for the Cowboys was "the snap" against the Rams.

Dallas Dynasty

Reaction score
First time I've ever seen something like that, that I've seen happen on Madden football, actually happen in real life! Incredible!!

CaptainMorgan

Reaction score
Rack;1745452 said:
It's freakin' football.

There was nothing wrong or illegal about it.

Really? I thought this was figure skating.

regardless....

It was a helmet to helmet hit with the defender leading with his HELMET not his facemask, im sitting here watching the replay. That is a penalty whether the reciever was planted or not.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1745389 said:

i agree, thought it was bull****

pretty confident that dirty ***clown will be getting a hefty fine though

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
There will be 2-3 fines levied by the NFL toward the Eagles, two of them being helmet leads.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Crown Royal;1745506 said:
There will be 2-3 fines levied by the NFL toward the Eagles, two of them being helmet leads.

Yeah, the shot JJ took late was real dirty IMO. I mean, that was dangerous. JJ was totally vulnerable in that situation. That's going to be a big one as well IMO.