Jaxson Smith Njigba wants to be a Cowboy

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

Let me preface by saying there is no bigger need on this team than DT and we will never build a championship caliber one until we take the position seriously.

Gallimore
Osa
Bohanna
Watkins

All Jags.

Anyways, you just know the two fools that run this team are going to target a WR (once again) to help this QB. They wanted to this year but Burks or Olave didnt fall to them. WR is a huge need as well. Watching this guy’s tape, he would be a perfect fit for this offense and this QB. He is an elite separator which is exactly what we need.

Id love to have this guy if he is bpa at our pick

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Let me preface by saying there is no bigger need on this team than DT and we will never build a championship caliber one until we take the position seriously.

Gallimore
Osa
Bohanna
Watkins

All Jags.

Anyways, you just know the two fools that run this team are going to target a WR (once again) to help this QB. They wanted to this year but Burks or Olave didnt fall to them. WR is a huge need as well. Watching this guy’s tape, he would be a perfect fit for this offense and this QB. He is an elite separator which is exactly what we need.

Id love to have this guy if he is bpa at our pick

I think there is alot of potential value there. In 2021 he was considerably a better prospect than Wilson and Olave. You could be buying low on him if we get him at our pick. The big challenge with adding JSN is not playing Lamb in the slot as much as they do

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Good player but will he be there at our pick. Draft nicks were saying he was Ohio States best receiver over Olave last season.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I consider him slightly overrated…great production 1 year but what I’ve read is he’s likely a slot only that will run in the 4.5s.

Good 2nd round target but not 1st for me unless he flies at the combined

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Dude is a beast. But he looks more like a slot guy. Jefferson was pretty much a slot guy at LSU and he showed there was definitely more to his game. I’ll be curious to see what his workout looks like.

Carson

Reaction score
Dude is a beast. But he looks more like a slot guy. Jefferson was pretty much a slot guy at LSU and he showed there was definitely more to his game. I’ll be curious to see what his workout looks like.
Good point.

I feel that is why Jefferson slid, was he was viewed as a slot guy only. In reality though, he played there because also had Chase and Marshall outside.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The NFL has changed anyway. Slot is no longer WR3
Now many teams purposely put their best WR in the slot half the time to create mismatches.
Cee Dee, Chase, Jefferson are good examples.

cnuball21

Reaction score
It’s going to come down to what he runs for me…I’ve heard he’s surprisingly slow but well see.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Both he and Lamb should be able to thrive outside, but we have been playing Lamb in the slot soooo much. NSJ should be able to develop outside, but its still a projection

exciter

Reaction score
I think there is alot of potential value there. In 2021 he was considerably a better prospect than Wilson and Olave. You could be buying low on him if we get him at our pick. The big challenge with adding JSN is not playing Lamb in the slot as much as they do
Good point.

I feel that is why Jefferson slid, was he was viewed as a slot guy only. In reality though, he played there because also had Chase and Marshall outside.
Eh, it was more than that, even the die hard LSU fans here in Louisiana believed much of his production was due to those surrounding him!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Eh, it was more than that, even the die hard LSU fans here in Louisiana believed much of his production was due to those surrounding him!
In there defense, it can make evaluating difficult. However even as a #2 in the SEC, he is going to face top flight CB's. His last year Bama had both Diggs and Surtain. On his own squad, they had Stingley and Fulton

Plankton

Reaction score
It’s going to come down to what he runs for me…I’ve heard he’s surprisingly slow but well see.
It's not just that - people within the Ohio State program think that Smith-Njigba quit on the team this year, and milked his hamstring injury to stay out. That needs to be researched.

exciter

Reaction score
In there defense, it can make evaluating difficult. However even as a #2 in the SEC, he is going to face top flight CB's. His last year Bama had both Diggs and Surtain. On his own squad, they had Stingley and Fulton
Ain’t going to get an argument with me. I was just happy when Philly passed him up… or just shocked at their stupidity would be more accurate!!!

cnuball21

Reaction score
It's not just that - people within the Ohio State program think that Smith-Njigba quit on the team this year, and milked his hamstring injury to stay out. That needs to be researched.

Yea, no idea but if that’s true that’s obviously an issue.