Jaxson Smith Njigba wants to be a Cowboy

cnuball21

Reaction score
This is the biggest issue I see with majority of the class, most are best as slot receivers, but we already use Lamb
Yea. If it’s a slot only guy like Downs in the 2nd that’s fine. We’ve seen what Beas did with Dak rookie year. He’s still get a lot of snaps.

Just not crazy about it in the 1st.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yea. If it’s a slot only guy like Downs in the 2nd that’s fine. We’ve seen what Beas did with Dak rookie year. He’s still get a lot of snaps.

Just not crazy about it in the 1st.
Whole issue is, they really like Lamb in the slot and some of these players are slot only types.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Whole issue is, they really like Lamb in the slot and some of these players are slot only types.
Yea, Lamb runs about 40% of his snaps out of the slot which is why the preference would be an inside / outside guy.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Sure, but he’s our clear cut 1 and top option. He makes huge plays from the slot so I’m not going to completely take that part of his game away.
I mean we are changing schemes

Ceedee needs to play on the outside more. I was screaming at the tv during the 9ers game for Kellen to put him on the outside because 9ers were going to continue to use Warner to help bracket him

I hear your point tho

Sydla

Reaction score
I mean we are changing schemes

Ceedee needs to play on the outside more. I was screaming at the tv during the 9ers game for Kellen to put him on the outside because 9ers were going to continue to use Warner to help bracket him

I hear your point tho
It really is going to be interesting to see how/what McCarthy does as the playcaller now. You'd like to hope he'd use some of our guys better but two decades of ineptitude with this franchise has left my expectations disgustingly low.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He is not an R1 guy. Probably R2/R3 area.
Not sure what kind of scouting people are doing but he is a slot only route runner that wins with good feet.
He is a really good slot WR type with some injury concerns and solid size for a slot.

Slots are far easier to find than the outside WRs and have less value in the draft.

He can be productive for someone, but not sure Dallas is a great fit.

Dallas likely is targeting a bigger WCO type that can break tackles and win at point of contested catches.
Likely wants guys at 6'2" and 215 or so.

Love local kids but tough to see the fit for Dallas unless they want a part-time slot they can develop.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yea, Lamb runs about 40% of his snaps out of the slot which is why the preference would be an inside / outside guy.
Think our need is more of an outside receiver as this is where we really struggled last season as Dak's most success came in the middle of the field and team's knew that as well. Really think we need a alpha who will go get the football and excel in yards after the catch to go with Lamb in the slot. Think we are going to see a different offense next season, more of a run heavy, control the clock and grind out first downs, then the one we saw under Moore who was calling plays like he still had Tony Romo.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

• “Just growing up right there in Rockwall, just close and all my family. Being a Cowboy, it would definitely be a blessing and an honor,” Smith-Njigba said. “I know that star on that helmet means something. Growing up I always loved watching them play. It was hard sometimes, I’ve been there with the fans. Ups and downs. It would be a blessing wherever I go, but definitely special if I was a Cowboy.”

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
In McCarthys offense, Cedarian can be our Davantae and JSN can be our Randall Cobb

Sounds good to me.

He is Mel’s #1 rated receiver right now. Olave and Garrett Wilson both said he is better than both of them. Im telling yall, he is the truth

stilltheguru

Reaction score
In McCarthys offense, Cedarian can be our Davantae and JSN can be our Randall Cobb

Sounds good to me.

He is Mel’s #1 rated receiver right now. Olave and Garrett Wilson both said he is better than both of them. Im telling yall, he is the truth
I got one foot on the bandwagon lol.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
A lot of what is being said about JSN was said about Justin Jefferson

They are the same size and have the same route running ability. Only question is JSN’s speed.

If he runs a 4.5 or under, run to the podium and turn the card in if hes still on the board

cnuball21

Reaction score

They are the same size and have the same route running ability. Only question is JSN’s speed.

If he runs a 4.5 or under, run to the podium and turn the card in if hes still on the board
JJ also ran a 4.43 and there were never questions about his athleticism.

I’ve read JSN could run a 4.6 and is more straight linish.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
JJ also ran a 4.43 and there were never questions about his athleticism.

I’ve read JSN could run a 4.6 and is more straight linish.
Dane Brugler’s scouting report on JJ:

WEAKNESSES: Only average top-speed for the position...more quick than explosive...releases are a work in progress, occasionally taking too many steps to shake free vs. press...strong hands, but will battle focus drops at times (eight drops in 2019)...lean-framed target and lacks ideal bulk...lined up outside as a sophomore, but was almost exclusively inside as a slot receiver as a junior.

stilltheguru

Reaction score

I think he can play outside if Keenan Allen has been the past 10 years

cnuball21

Reaction score
Dane Brugler’s scouting report on JJ:

WEAKNESSES: Only average top-speed for the position...more quick than explosive...releases are a work in progress, occasionally taking too many steps to shake free vs. press...strong hands, but will battle focus drops at times (eight drops in 2019)...lean-framed target and lacks ideal bulk...lined up outside as a sophomore, but was almost exclusively inside as a slot receiver as a junior.
And then he proved it wrong at the combine…

cnuball21

Reaction score
So like I said, if JSN runs a sub 4.5, he should shut all doubt about being a slot only.

JJ wasnt expected to run as fast as he did either
Something I’ll be watching for sure.

And at the combine, not pro day where he’ll probably run like a 4.2.