Jaxson Smith Njigba wants to be a Cowboy

Carson

Reaction score
JSN >Hyatt.
I think you’re getting two different options with these guys. Hyatt IMO is the better fit. But I feel happier about JSN at 26.

JSN is going to run great routes, use his body and move the sticks. I don’t see him getting much separation at the next level.

Hyatt is going to take the top off of defense. But he’s also very frail.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think you’re getting two different options with these guys. Hyatt IMO is the better fit. But I feel happier about JSN at 26.

JSN is going to run great routes, use his body and move the sticks. I don’t see him getting much separation at the next level.

Hyatt is going to take the top off of defense. But he’s also very frail.

Different flavors…I agree Hyatt is the better fit for what we need.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I don't dislike JSN as a prospect. I just don't see his fit here. CeeDee makes his living playing in the slot (6th most snaps out of the slot in the NFL last year). Folks can try and say "JSN is not a slot only," but the reality is, that's where he'll be most effective. The Cowboys need an outside receiver and preferably one that stretches the defense.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
When JSN said "I'm not running", I just mentally penciled in a 4.6.

He knows that speed is the biggest knock on his evaluation... if he could run a time that would help himself, he would've posted it.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
JSN would make the most sense in the type of offense the Patriots (think Edelman) or Rams run where the slot is the primary receiver.

As an aside, I'm really curious how he measures out. He's got a weird frame (narrow shoulders and a huge head) He looks smallish but I keep reading that he's north of 6'. We'll see.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

Let me preface by saying there is no bigger need on this team than DT and we will never build a championship caliber one until we take the position seriously.

Gallimore
Osa
Bohanna
Watkins

All Jags.

Anyways, you just know the two fools that run this team are going to target a WR (once again) to help this QB. They wanted to this year but Burks or Olave didnt fall to them. WR is a huge need as well. Watching this guy’s tape, he would be a perfect fit for this offense and this QB. He is an elite separator which is exactly what we need.

Id love to have this guy if he is bpa at our pick

Word is he won't be more than a 3rd wr. If he makes it to the 3rd round I'm taking him. Other than that give me a wr in that 3rd round range

cnuball21

Reaction score
I don't dislike JSN as a prospect. I just don't see his fit here. CeeDee makes his living playing in the slot (6th most snaps out of the slot in the NFL last year). Folks can try and say "JSN is not a slot only," but the reality is, that's where he'll be most effective. The Cowboys need an outside receiver and preferably one that stretches the defense.
I agree - I think I read Lamb spends about 50/50 inside vs outside.

If we ended up with JSN just not sure how we make that work.

He’s a good player we’d just have to get creative with getting him touches…which is not something we’ve been good at recently.

cnuball21

Reaction score
When JSN said "I'm not running", I just mentally penciled in a 4.6.

He knows that speed is the biggest knock on his evaluation... if he could run a time that would help himself, he would've posted it.
Same for me

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I agree - I think I read Lamb spends about 50/50 inside vs outside.

If we ended up with JSN just not sure how we make that work.

He’s a good player we’d just have to get creative with getting him touches…which is not something we’ve been good at recently.
Ceedee to the outside w the big boys

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Same for me
Clearly he doesn't possess great speed, question is can he separate against NFL defenders, is he viewed as a slot only prospect? My belief is he will be able to get separation on the next level, but cannot see him playing on the outside. If they want another high end Beasley, he is an excellent fit inside the slot who will be a terror on 3rd downs, but that would mean Lamb becomes a full time outside receiver, which isn't his strength.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
After watching more of him and seeing what he’s done at the combine…. I definitely like JSN more than I did a week ago. I think he does a lot well, and he has a really good mind for the position.

However, with him not confident enough about his speed to run the 40, I’m pretty sure that he is a 4.6 guy. At best 4.55. I just don’t know if a guy without a lot of speed is worth using the Cowboys first round pick on.

I think he’s a good receiver, but he is kind of just more of what Dallas already has. I would like them to get a guy who can run by defenders and stretch a defense. That is what is missing from their offense, IMO.

I will say this: The new offense will be more of a possession type of offense, than a big strike offense. It might be that a thicker WR that has fantastic hands, runs killer routes and plays with a great football IQ might be something the team wants out of a 2nd 3rd WR. JSN might be a guy that the team likes more than the fans do.

If the team likes him enough to take at 26… I will feel much better about them doing it after really looking at what type of football player he is. He is undoubtably a really good receiver and is WAY more polished and able to do much more than a guy like Hyatt… who does run pretty fast.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Can't have 3 wrs who all do the same thing. Dallas needs that guy who just runs by everybody and throws up a peace sign at them when he's scoring lol
When was the last time they had that type of receiver? They never target those types

Cowboyny

Reaction score
After watching more of him and seeing what he’s done at the combine…. I definitely like JSN more than I did a week ago. I think he does a lot well, and he has a really good mind for the position.

However, with him not confident enough about his speed to run the 40, I’m pretty sure that he is a 4.6 guy. At best 4.55. I just don’t know if a guy without a lot of speed is worth using the Cowboys first round pick on.

I think he’s a good receiver, but he is kind of just more of what Dallas already has. I would like them to get a guy who can run by defenders and stretch a defense. That is what is missing from their offense, IMO.

I will say this: The new offense will be more of a possession type of offense, than a big strike offense. It might be that a thicker WR that has fantastic hands, runs killer routes and plays with a great football IQ might be something the team wants out of a 2nd 3rd WR. JSN might be a guy that the team likes more than the fans do.

If the team likes him enough to take at 26… I will feel much better about them doing it after really looking at what type of football player he is. He is undoubtably a really good receiver and is WAY more polished and able to do much more than a guy like Hyatt… who does run pretty fast.
Just add a veteran starter and draft one of these top receivers. You are right, going to be more ball controlled, move the chains type of attack, which makes JSN attractive, could be an excellent #3, but you don’t usually take those types in rd 1

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score

Yes, take him at 26 without a doubt. He’s a smooth operator.