Video: Jaycee Horn?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The anonymous NFC person saying they like Horn more.

Coach Mc talking about working with Horns father.

Someone on the official Cowboys site video saying we look forward to spending more time with you

On another official Cowboys site video the ask Pitts who was the best or toughest CB he played against.. He said he liked both but he picked Horn.

Either they really like Horn and trying to set it up for the fans or because they think another team will take Surtain before they draft... Possibly Carolina or Denver.

Or they want other teams to think they might take horn instead of Surtain but I don't see how that would help them.

Sometimes shortly before the draft the Cowboys will tip their hand of who they want if you listen close enough and Wade through the bull.

This was the case with both T Hill and LVE.

So true........if you pay attention, it's not hard narrowing down their intention to one or two players. Keep in mind they let a starting CB walk and made little or no effort to sign his replacement via free agency. We can probably say with about 95% certainty Horn or Surtain is the pick UNLESS Pitts or Sewell drops.......jmo

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Horn grew on me, he plays the ball really well. I would be happy picking him or Surtain.

ghst187

Reaction score
Love Horn but at ten I HAVE to take Surtain. I see Surtain and Certain and being a fabulous pro CB. Horn has potential to be even better or he could be much lesser and I just have to take the safe play of the two. Honestly, I’d still take Surtain at ten over Horn in a trade down unless it meant we could somehow swing grabbing DT Barmore also

Plankton

Reaction score
This to me feels an awful lot like Peyton Manning vs. Ryan Leaf when they were draft eligible back in 1998 (NOTE: I am not predicting this as the outcome for Horn). People begin to find flaws with the player that is technique sound, pro coached from his time in high school, and not an overly sexy, exciting player, while hyping up another prospect who seems to present more excitement and "upside".

If I'm choosing, I pick the high floor over the perceived high ceiling. There's nothing to indicate that Surtain doesn't have a high ceiling other than people's biases. If you were going to ask me which one is more likely to bust, it's Horn on the basis of his using his hands more than his feet when tracking guys down the field. He will have to adjust this tendency, or he will not realize his potential. Surtain is big on film study as well as technique, so it's very likely for him that he will age well as a player.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well..trade the pick and bale.

I think they are floating his name to invite trade offers to move back. Just my thought Sustain will be the pick if there.

Easy to say but we could not trade that pick. We tried.

I would not be so sure that Surtain is the guy. Horn could easily be the pick, as well.

Reactions: JPM

Carson

Reaction score
The ceiling for Horn is much higher than Surtain. But the floor is about ten stories lower than Surtains

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Theres no way Im taking Horn over Surtain after this whole draft process. No no no. And that dawg in him maybe doesnt even matter anymore since theyre cracking down on trash talking.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The ceiling for Horn is much higher than Surtain. But the floor is about ten stories lower than Surtains
How do you see this. He your pet cat.? I just think if Horne ends up being our best pick that we need to look for a trade back and even consider trading our pick for a teams #1 in the 2022 draft. This year is going to e about alot of rebuilding not winning so much anyway. Not having a CB set. Of bookends is not going to matter until the team adjusts to McCarthy and his style of coaching. We have not seen McCarthy really step up and run this team. He is still in reaction to the 2020 disaster. It will take some time.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Whom ever has the better work ethic, who shows the fire to get better after getting beat, take that guy.