Video: Jaycee Horn?

JBS

Reaction score
"We look forward to spending more Time w you"

Not sure exactly bc there was no video, maybe that was Mcclay..either way..a sign that he's their guy?

morasp

Reaction score
"We look forward to spending more Time w you"

Not sure exactly bc there was no video, maybe that was Mcclay..either way..a sign that he's their guy?
I don't know if you watched the Cowherd mock draft but it surprised me when he said two GMs told him Horn would be the steal of the draft.

JBS

Reaction score
I don't know if you watched the Cowherd mock draft but it surprised me when he said two GMs told him Horn would be the steal of the draft.

I caught that. I played it 3x to make sure he wasn't still talking about fields lol

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Colin saying 2 GMs say he will be steal of draft. Like that but I don’t put much stock in that because GMs all make mistakes but the more I hear and read, the more I don’t mind him as the pick. I think we are missing a little attitude on D and having a guy who can mix it up doesn’t bother me.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

I get nauseous thnking about drafting Horn and drawing pedigree lines to his dad. We did this before drafting Bobby Carpenter and his dad having played for Parcells before. That was a complete failure for us.McCarthy is offensive minded and here to propel Dak..not establish defense. Let's not lose sight of who we are after 2020. That is just a wacky year for us. It happens.

So please judge Horne on his ability. I do not see elite talent with Horne. But if we have no other option then whatever. I would rather draft a safety instead of CB or go offense with OL or TE. Just how my gut sees it. Defense is going to take several drafts with high draft picks to fix something so starved for talent and lack of good coaching has only insured defensive failure.

Last edited:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No problem with Horn at all.
Not long ago I wanted us to trade down some and get him...however I think he has been rising up the boards.

I now Surtain has better skills and is probably the safer of the two.

However what I really like about Horn is that he has Swag...I hate the term swag but he just has it.
I think he is the type of player that will get his team hyped up on defense.
I remember back when Roy Williams played and had Woodson with him...in other words, when Roy was good.
There were many games where he would make a big hit or play and it would light up the defense.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
The hype with him has gotten out of control. Idc what his pro day said, hes not a 4.3 corner and doesnt play anything like that speed suggests
I get nauseous thnking about drafting Horn and drawing pedigree lines to his dad. We did this before drafting Bobby Carpenter and his dad having played for Parcells before. That was a complete failure for us.

So please judge Horne on his ability. I do not see elite talent with Horne. But if we have no other option then whatever. I would rather draft a safety instead of CB or go offense with OL or TE. Just how my gut sees it. Defense is going to take several drafts with high draft picks to fix something so starved for talent and lack of good coaching has only insured defensive failure.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Not long ago I wanted us to trade down some and get him...however I think he has been rising up the boards.

However what I really like about Horn is that he has Swag...I hate the term swag but he just has it.
I remember back when Roy Williams played and had Woodson with him...in other words, when Roy was good.
There were many games where he would make a big hit or play and it would light up the defense.

The last part was exactly what I was saying. You need a few junkyard dogs on D that hype guys up and get after it. I don’t mind that at all as long it doesn’t lead to dumb penalties.

reddyuta

Reaction score
He definitely could be the guy. I like both Horn and Surtain and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Dallas took Horn with Surtain still on the board.

yep.everything points to this happening,he might be the top D player on their board.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Jaelen Phillips will be but for what it's worth Horn is my #1 Corner over Surtain.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Me too.. I think I've deleted that word a few times when describing his game and replaced it with competitive spirit or something. I cringe at myself for saying he plays with swag but my gosh does he play with swag lol.

I also think the energy he plays with can be contagious and this defense needs some of that.

IMO.. Surtain is better today but Horn is close to him already with more upside.

Playing against Jeudy, Ruggs, Waddle, and Devin Smith in practice while also being coached by Nick Saban has accelerated Surtains growth but how much more growth is left with this player?

HungryLion

Reaction score
I actually think the cowboys will take Horn over Surtain if given the option.

I mentioned this in a thread. There’s a lot of smoke and innuendo. Even on the cowboys.com podcasts and the draft show.

they are mentally conditioning us to be ready for the pick.

They could trade down of course. But if they pick at 10. And both corners are available. I actually think Horn will be the guy.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
yep.everything points to this happening,he might be the top D player on their board.

So we have the option of a lockdown, but unspectacular player (ideal foil for Diggs), or we have the highlight reel spectacular physical ballhawk (though there may be issue with penalties)......if Jones has anything to do with it is there any real competition?