Video: Jaycee Horn?

Carson

Reaction score
Surtain is all business.

Horn is the in your face, talking smack and also about his business lol.

Stoked for either player next week. Let me double dip down later and get Horns teammate at corner as well

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I get nauseous thnking about drafting Horn and drawing pedigree lines to his dad. We did this before drafting Bobby Carpenter and his dad having played for Parcells before. That was a complete failure for us.McCarthy is offensive minded and here to propel Dak..not establish defense. Let's not lose sight of who we are after 2020. That is just a wacky year for us. It happens.

So please judge Horne on his ability. I do not see elite talent with Horne. But if we have no other option then whatever. I would rather draft a safety instead of CB or go offense with OL or TE. Just how my gut sees it. Defense is going to take several drafts with high draft picks to fix something so starved for talent and lack of good coaching has only insured defensive failure.

Actually, Bill said he didn't want to draft Carpenter but ended up being in a situation where he had little choice. Couldn't trade down, not a player that was there for us to take. Parcells didn't want to draft Bobby Carpenter.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Surtain is all business.

Horn is the in your face, talking smack and also about his business lol.

Stoked for either player next week. Let me double dip down later and get Horns teammate at corner as well

Can Cowboys fans handle a player like this?

We tend to not like the ultra competitive types around here.

We like our players to be robots.

Verdammung

Reaction score
I just watched that clip and something jumped out at me.

Mike McCarthy: "It's been a joy to watch you, to watch you play. Obviously having the opportunity to work with your father for 10 years, so..."

I've looked it up and there was in fact 8 years of overlap between him and his father between KC & NO.

As ridiculous as it may sound to us, I do believe McCarthy has shown favoritism in his dealings & would choose Jaycee Horn over Patrick Surtain if both were on the board.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I just watched that clip and something jumped out at me.

Mike McCarthy: "It's been a joy to watch you, to watch you play. Obviously having the opportunity to work with your father for 10 years, so..."

I've looked it up and there was in fact 8 years of overlap between him and his father between KC & NO.

As ridiculous as it may sound to us, I do believe McCarthy has shown favoritism in his dealings & would choose Jaycee Horn over Patrick Surtain if both were on the board.

ya know. This never occurred to me
Until I just read your post.

makes me feel even stronger that they go Horn over Surtain if it comes to it.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
"We look forward to spending more Time w you"

Not sure exactly bc there was no video, maybe that was Mcclay..either way..a sign that he's their guy?
Hopefully we can trade back and still. Get him. I d wait for lpitts first

phildadon86

Reaction score
Can Cowboys fans handle a player like this?

We tend to not like the ultra competitive types around here.

We like our players to be robots.
If this is about dez. Just stop. I loved Dez. Unfortunately his body gave up on him and he wasn’t a technician like a Larry fitz who had been perfecting his route running before his physical skills declined. I don’t think there was a cowboys fan that disliked dez. And if they brought up his on field antics they just didn’t understand his passion.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
You guys thin McCarthy has a say in which cb they draft??

Lololol
Haha in his defense he did say just get me good to great players snd I’ll fit them in anywhere. So the joneses must have gushed over that comment LOL

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The anonymous NFC person saying they like Horn more.

Coach Mc talking about working with Horns father.

Someone on the official Cowboys site video saying we look forward to spending more time with you

On another official Cowboys site video the ask Pitts who was the best or toughest CB he played against.. He said he liked both but he picked Horn.

Either they really like Horn and trying to set it up for the fans or because they think another team will take Surtain before they draft... Possibly Carolina or Denver.

Or they want other teams to think they might take horn instead of Surtain but I don't see how that would help them.

Sometimes shortly before the draft the Cowboys will tip their hand of who they want if you listen close enough and Wade through the bull.

This was the case with both T Hill and LVE.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Has a great mental attitude for a CB that’s for sure. Think Surtain is a better player but it close.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I think Horn showed a lot of improvement between his 2019 and 2020 performance. I still think Surtain is their option #1. But there isn’t a lot of separation between these 2 players. Both are day 1 starters for sure.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Actually, Bill said he didn't want to draft Carpenter but ended up being in a situation where he had little choice. Couldn't trade down, not a player that was there for us to take. Parcells didn't want to draft Bobby Carpenter.
Well..trade the pick and bale.
Is that so?
I think they are floating his name to invite trade offers to move back. Just my thought Sustain will be the pick if there.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I like Horn, just don’t see him much different than Diggs. His best football is press man, being physical against bigger bodies WRs.

Concerned about his fluidity, quickness and grabbiness again NFL caliber talent. Pro day times are a joke, so those did nothing for me.

I like him in the 20s, not at 10.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Has a great mental attitude for a CB that’s for sure. Think Surtain is a better player but it close.

That's why I like Horn better.

Not only is he an incredible athlete but he didn't have the Alabama program accelerating his growth.

Once Horn receives some NFL coaching and gets his technique squared away I think he ends up the better corner.

I'm also not a huge fan of how Surtain looks when he has to turn and run with his back to the QB.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
That's why I like Horn better.

Not only is he an incredible athlete but he didn't have the Alabama program accelerating his growth.

Once Horn receives some NFL coaching and gets his technique squared away I think he ends up the better corner.

I'm also not a huge fan of how Surtain looks when he has to turn and run with his back to the QB.
Horne has the talent to be All-Pro. I see Zaire Alexander with a little bit of Ramsey. Surtain floor is Jimmy Smith/Ravens before his knee injury with a high of a bigger Humphreys with a little bit of Sherman. I think fans don’t understand how smart Surtain is. That is so important in today’s NFL.