Signed by Cowboys Jaylon extension

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Well they signed him based on what they think he will do in the future. Just like any player you sign. This is a great deal for the COWBOYS. Dak at 30plus million might not be. 40 million? That's a joke.

I think they signed him based on what they saw last year and that he will probably improve on it this season. Signing him now saved them a couple of million a year on the cap and probably 10-15m in extra guaranteed money they would have had to cough up next year

Proof

Reaction score

Honestly I doubt it's that team friendly. Would be nice though. We have almost as many studs as the Vikes, but they lock up their studs on team friendly deals. I'd love for us to be able to do the same.

I’d be SHOCKED if it’s not below market. He’s shown that he’s team oriented and extremely grateful for the chance the team took on him

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but Zeke is not lost.
He's protecting himself, right, or wrong.
You may not like how he's doing it, but he's doing it.
Hate to say it ,but he's protecting himself straight to the back of the bus ,,,er,,,that's enroute to lostville, Elliott knew he was going to get his pay day, SJ done said so,,,& ,,,before you attempt to hit me with that utter& complete lameness of shorter career due to his position played?,,, as it's long since been pointed out " why the hell does the idiot keep pushing his trademark "Feed-Me" B.S.?" if knowing repeatedly carrying of the ball narrows his career's window?
He's a dumb *** being led by larger influential type dumb ***'so_O

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Except that is not how the market is set for young players. He is young and on an obvious upward trajectory. In the open market he would get top dollar.

He is making 30% less than the elite at his position.
He got paid based on one solid year of production. Now if you want to give him credit for signing a deal this early than I'd do that but with his injury history I'm not sure if it was wise to bet on himself like that anyway. But based on one solid year of production yeah he got about what you can expect. It wasn't a bargain deal he gave them based on his production. Based on his ceiling and where we think he will be in a few years? Probably so.

Well they signed him based on what they think he will do in the future. Just like any player you sign. This is a great deal for the COWBOYS. Dak at 30plus million might not be. 40 million? That's a joke.

Ok but what on earth does any of this have to do with my post? My post said nothing about the contract Dak should get lol. And the reports came out that Dak and his camp did not ask for 40 million.

And yeah of course he got paid based on his future. Of course he did. That's exactly what I Was saying lol.

He wasn't bad... his lateral movement was compromised. So that is where he had issues. He also had mental issues, as far as trusting his body again, like any athlete would.

He hesitated, and didn't commit to things he saw, by not trusting his own body I think. Once he trusted it again last season, we just saw the beginning of what he will do.

I am sure they believe, just like I do... that last year wasn't even close to his peak.

Naw man he was bad. I get why he was bad. He was coming off a injury that probably should've ended his career. Its no shot at him by any means. HE honestly shouldn't have even been playing and definitely shouldn't have been starting while we were in contention. He That's how bad he was that first year he played.

lol 2018 points scored

Gurley 126
Zeke 54
92 Emmitt 114

Where in that equation is he the best? Plus he's an off the field headache and the Cowboys made a top tier offer. 9TDs is a replaceable number. He's a dumazz because his off the field issues will ultimately effect his bottom line and this holdout does him no favors. Smart from day one and things would be very different right now. One of the reasons Jaylon just signed while Zeke sits in Mexico.

Well if you are going to use stats like touchdowns to determine how good someone is then why not also use the fact one of those guys had Norv Turner, another had Sean McVey and another had........Scott Linehan. I'll let you decipher who had which. Should be pretty obvious by the touchdowns.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Hate to say it ,but he's protecting himself straight to the back of the bus ,,,er,,,that's enroute to lostville, Elliott knew he was going to get his pay day, SJ done said so,,,& ,,,before you attempt to hit me with that utter& complete lameness of shorter career due to his position played?,,, as it's long since been pointed out " why the hell does the idiot keep pushing his trademark "Feed-Me" B.S.?" if knowing repeatedly carrying of the ball narrows his career's window?
He's a dumb *** being led by larger influential type dumb ***'so_O
Maybe...

endersdragon

Reaction score
This deal tells me they have no intention of signing Zeke to anything more than the Leveon Bell deal.

It's take it or leave it.
And honestly I am okay with that. Zeke realizes this might be the last time he has leverage because we will probably run him into the ground this year like we did to DeMarco and he wants a deal now because of it. DeMarco had no leverage going into his final contract year, Zeke does. I don't mind what Zeke is doing, but I really don't think we should pay him right now when we need to shore up Dak, Cooper, LVE, and a few others over the next couple seasons.

Knotamus

Reaction score
This deal tells me they have no intention of signing Zeke to anything more than the Leveon Bell deal.

It's take it or leave it.

Your right. Jerry and Stephen both have stated they have offered Zeke a very reasonable deal, albeit not a ‘market setting’ deal. They also stated they are steadfast in building a team.. which includes 52 other players. That said, they can not break the bank on Amari, Dak, and Zeke.. not to mention players like LCollins, BJones, MCollins, etc..

I for one, commend them. They can’t just go all in with contracts like Philly did a few years ago.. then have to trade off and/or dismantle the team bc the salary cap eventually catches up with you. The FO is trying to construct the team/salary cap so our Boys can stay competitive year in and year out. I believe we’re at the apex of their ‘build the team through the draft’ philosophy. Now that we have a good core of talent via the draft, now they have to maintain a certain level of that talent. Those lost in the shuffle will be replaced by the draft.

Great for Jaylon and I admire him even more. He understands the footprint that the Cowboys brand has throughout the country.. the world for that matter. He instantly became a fan favorite by taking a lesser deal and recognizes the ramifications of this deal. Dallas now can use the extra cap space to sign key players that will hopefully propel this team to a SB championship in the near future. I pray that our newest ‘triplets’ understands this too. Go Cowboys!!

zerofill

Reaction score
I'm glad it's Jaylon over zeke. Show the crybaby that handling your business like a man, and conducting yourself with high character and class, will get you much farther than being entitled and "demanding" things. Happy for Jaylon!

Zeke is a man child. 14 year old kid in a beast body. Watch the way Jaylon carries himself, and you instantly notice the maturity difference.

ghst187

Reaction score
congrats to Jaylon,i thought he was a wasted pick for 2 years and i have been proved very wrong.

Ditto, sooo glad I was wrong and so happy for a pure class individual, not to mention great player!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
What’s stopping Jerry from just paying Jaylon a few million a year after he retires to he a fitness consultant or something. always wondered that.
Ya,same here, or make 'dude' a manager over some self-running bizness at +million per year after playing career is over?

* probably jail time would be the answer to my angle, your's is pretty clean though.

Big_D

Reaction score
He got paid based on one solid year of production. Now if you want to give him credit for signing a deal this early than I'd do that but with his injury history I'm not sure if it was wise to bet on himself like that anyway. But based on one solid year of production yeah he got about what you can expect. It wasn't a bargain deal he gave them based on his production. Based on his ceiling and where we think he will be in a few years? Probably so.

Ok but what on earth does any of this have to do with my post? My post said nothing about the contract Dak should get lol. And the reports came out that Dak and his camp did not ask for 40 million.

And yeah of course he got paid based on his future. Of course he did. That's exactly what I Was saying lol.

Naw man he was bad. I get why he was bad. He was coming off a injury that probably should've ended his career. Its no shot at him by any means. HE honestly shouldn't have even been playing and definitely shouldn't have been starting while we were in contention. He That's how bad he was that first year he played.

Well if you are going to use stats like touchdowns to determine how good someone is then why not also use the fact one of those guys had Norv Turner, another had Sean McVey and another had........Scott Linehan. I'll let you decipher who had which. Should be pretty obvious by the touchdowns.

All Linehans fault of course! That's more than double the points on the board. For a guy who out touched gurley by 66. So instead we should just use the 11 all purpose yards a game difference to decide who's better.