Jaylon Johnson Granted Permission To Seek Trade

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Even if he doesn't resign because you prioritize bland or he wants to much, he'll fetch you a third in compensatory pick in return. If you have up a third it would be like moving to the back of the round for a rental.
I agree with your thought process 100%. High level thinking I like it. My only comment would be this applied to the Bears as well. Why trade away a player for a third round pick when you can have him for the year on a cheap rookie deal and still get the third round pick if he leaves in free agency. Makes no sense. IMHO his "value" is the last year of his current deal. What is that worth? For a playoff hungry team that looks like they have a chance but needs a CB I would say it could be worth a fair bit. Then if you give away a lot to get him you are stuck needing to resign him to a long term deal or you are wasting the picks you used to get him. The Amari Cooper conundrum. Things are always much more complicated than they appear and all we have is the clown show to lead the way.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
He’s been a good player the last few years but very good this year in a contract year…I’m all for going after him but also understand the ptsd management may have from the Carr situation - as there are parallels although this is different

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I agree with your thought process 100%. High level thinking I like it. My only comment would be this applied to the Bears as well. Why trade away a player for a third round pick when you can have him for the year on a cheap rookie deal and still get the third round pick if he leaves in free agency. Makes no sense. IMHO his "value" is the last year of his current deal. What is that worth? For a playoff hungry team that looks like they have a chance but needs a CB I would say it could be worth a fair bit. Then if you give away a lot to get him you are stuck needing to resign him to a long term deal or you are wasting the picks you used to get him. The Amari Cooper conundrum. Things are always much more complicated than they appear and all we have is the clown show to lead the way.
This. It's why so few player trades actually happen.

A team acquiring Johnson would have to give up at least a second rounder and then also give him something like $20m per year.

HanD

Reaction score
I don't disagree. Maybe we do a second or a third and a late pick. Teams training usually will take a little more and trade if they aren't winning anyway. Id have to go look but I remember examples in previous seasons where teams like the pats or ravens would pick someone up and I was left scratching my head.

Anyway just another thought into what you would trade for him bucket since you could get something back even if you don't keep him

slick325

Reaction score
San Francisco has a need at CB. Would it surprise anyone if John Lynch makes an aggressive move to make his team a stronger contender?

HanD

Reaction score
The giants getting rid of Leonard Williams is an example. They got a second and fifth and paid most of his salary. I would think next year if he signs with someone else the Seahawks will get a third or fourth for him.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The giants getting rid of Leonard Williams is an example. They got a second and fifth and paid most of his salary. I would think next year if he signs with someone else the Seahawks will get a third or fourth for him.
Good example. I would not be opposed to giving up similar picks for a solid defensive player but I would prefer DL or LB.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys might have to make this trade to keep Johnson away from San Francisco.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I feel there might be some legitimacy to this rumor that the Cowboys are involved because of the Stephen Jones interview yesterday on The Fan.

They asked him about trades, and without any solicitation, he went off on a tirade about cornerbacks and replacing the injuries. Really showed his hand that they were worried about that position.

Carson

Reaction score
I feel there might be some legitimacy to this rumor that the Cowboys are involved because of the Stephen Jones interview yesterday on The Fan.

They asked him about trades, and without any solicitation, he went off on a tirade about cornerbacks and replacing the injuries. Really showed his hand that they were worried about that position.
Jourdan Lewis is also a JAG.

He gave up the early TD to Keenan Allen. He also gave up the TD to the Rams Skowronek.

Johnson is a massive upgrade in the slot

phildadon86

Reaction score
You listening to what Jerry says the morning before the end of the trade deadline? :facepalm: :huh:
He said they are standing pat.

The fact he is even on the radio at all instead of you know. Being a GM is telling in itself.

Plankton

Reaction score
Trade deadline day.

Brace yourself for impact.
angel-wings.gif

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
Spoiler Alert: "We like our guys"

This front office isn't doing anything.