Jaylon Johnson Granted Permission To Seek Trade

btgboys41

Reaction score
angel-wings.gif
Priceless. :muttley:

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm sure he will be willing to cut his contract demands by 80% so that the Cowboys aren't paying huge money to two or three CB's at the same time.

Ands let's not forget that Bland will be completing his third season at the end of 2024. We may want to keep him.

Permission to speak = "We don't care if you talk to other teams about a trade because it's over as soon as we describe our trade demands, practically their GM's first born son"
yeah, I don't know fans don't understand that why would you give up draft capital get a guy on your team with an already full backfield...

that's gonna owe money to players like bland, we just paid Trayvon diggs, they act like we could put four pro bowlers in the back end at the same time because when we're talking about defensive backs we also have to add in our safeties in there... I mean I get why they think we need help there because we're one injury away from being thin but you can't go after a guy who wants to be paid big it just doesn't work here...

we have lots of positions we already are paying top money for players like this go to teams that are don't have a true number one corner or a true #1 running back or a true number one wide receiver guy like devante Adams needs to go to that team it's worth it to them like when we made the Amari Cooper trade, we didn't have a true number one on the team at the time...

you can't just keep adding talent now thinking about the salary cap in the draft capital that is part of the NFL these types of players are out it's not Jerry Jones being stubborn it's the business of the NFL it makes no sense for fans to think we can do this.

I mean that would be an embarrassment of riches they built in parity in this league on purpose they literally want to make sure no one team has all the talent.

Trayvon diggs Deron bland stephon Gilmore and Lewis. We got some young players too hopefully maybe one of them could take over for Lewis but please what is the problem with fans not understanding you can't just keep throwing good players on the team without consequence to another position...

I think the trade deadline I'd be in for a mid-type player at running back ,linebacker, maybe another position somewhere but right now we don't really have a need for a corner and I don't know why people think we do Trayvon diggs is still on this roster technically his money still counts against the salary cap...

he will be back next year you have to keep that in mind it's the same way we're gonna have to pay CD Lam there's one of the reasons that amari Cooper is not here this $22 million got him shipped off.. Most of all the players mentioned with the Cowboys do not make sense for this team salary cap and roster as it's built right now it just doesn't make any sense stop blaming Jerry and I'm not talking about you I'm talking about anybody reading this...

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I dont know what trade compensation will be but it sounds like a premium pick and you have to be prepared to pay him, otherwise its like throwing away a premium pick. If CB was the missing piece and felt it buys you a Super Bowl you probably consider it and worry about comp in the offseason.

However, even though the Cowboys could benefit from more CB depth, I don't know that its the primary area this team could upgrade.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't see them getting any decent players at this point. I don't want to hear they can't afford it cause that is a lie, they choose not too is the truth. They can absolutely add talent for this now and sign them longer term if they want to.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
I'm sure he will be willing to cut his contract demands by 80% so that the Cowboys aren't paying huge money to two or three CB's at the same time.

Ands let's not forget that Bland will be completing his third season at the end of 2024. We may want to keep him.

Permission to speak = "We don't care if you talk to other teams about a trade because it's over as soon as we describe our trade demands, practically their GM's first born son"
I'd give up Stephen if that's all it took.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
LOL

They still run this con even after all the behind the scenes videos showing Jerry large and in charge.
Maybe, but I have doubts that we would have drafted Parsons, Tyler, and Mazi if Jerry was still running the show.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe, but I have doubts that we would have drafted Parsons, Tyler, and Mazi if Jerry was still running the show.
Well considering there's actually video of the entire room looking at Jerry to decide between Mazi and Bergeron I'd say you're wrong.

Stephen is a fat secretary. Nothing more.

Creeper

Reaction score
Sounds like Chicago wants a 1st round pick. He is rated very highly but is he as good as they say? He was a 2nd round pick , one spot before Diggs. Would you give up a 1st round pick for him? His combine numbers were not great.

The question is, is he the best Chicago has so he is not challenged as much and if he comes to Dallas and plays opposite Diggs will he be challenged more and not be as good? I think I'd rather see a DT in a trade or signing but CB to replace Lewis might also be a good move.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
LOL

They still run this con even after all the behind the scenes videos showing Jerry large and in charge.
Exactly. This is text book father son relationship for megalomaniac billionaires. Steven is basically Jerrys pet monkey. Jerry owns everything and is in control of everything and that includes his pathetic worm of a son. It is much more likely that Steven murders Jerry than Jerry willingly hands over the keys to the castle.

HanD

Reaction score
Good example. I would not be opposed to giving up similar picks for a solid defensive player but I would prefer DL or LB.
the bears agree with you. they just gave up a second for montez sweat.