Jaylon Linebacking Hijinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

cristglo

Reaction score
You could easily make a thread that shows the exact opposite. Depends on your agenda. Coaching routinely put our LBs in bad position last year. Despite that Jaylon was still a probowl player and our only probowl player from last season on defense.

I agree and if you have a nasty DT that OL doesnt get to the second level Hopefully that changes this year and it lets our LB do their thing

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You could easily make a thread that shows the exact opposite. Depends on your agenda. Coaching routinely put our LBs in bad position last year. Despite that Jaylon was still a probowl player and our only probowl player from last season on defense.

You mean the same scheme we ran in 2018 that had everyone excited?

Which one of our coaches taught Jaylon this?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
You mean the same scheme we ran in 2018 that had everyone excited?

Which one of our coaches taught Jaylon this?

The same scheme that was exposed by the Rams in the playoffs and our coaches refused to change anything during the game.....and the following season were most teams took that Rams blueprint and used it against us.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
So Jaylon playing two-hand touch instead of tackling (as shown in that tweet) is due to scheme?
Again you can easily do a thread that shows the exact opposite. It depends on your agenda. The good clearly out weighs the bad.....as Jaylon was our only defensive representative in the probowl last season. Soooooo AGAIN clearly the good out weighs the bad. #CommonSense

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This is my new favorite of Jaylon and is absolutely inexplicable.

1. He sees Cordelle Patterson leaking out into the flat and even flows with him in that direction.

2. Tribisky throws it to Patterson

THE BALL IS ALREADY IN THE AIR

3. Jaylon hesitates and feigns the opposite direction of the pass, smh.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Jaylon strikes me as the kind of guy that you can coach all day then he goes out and does whatever he wants to.
No he did what he was asked to do....play safety lining up to 10 yards off the ball.

dfense

Reaction score
He is a bad LB. He’s weak in basically ALL of the important LB skills. The amount of tackles downfield was ridiculous. He tackles 10 yards down field and jumps on piles. He just plays soft and stupid. There were times when I would just watch him for a few series in a row. The bad plays outweighed the good by a significant margin. He’s a self-promoting cheerleader who was the worst starter in the team last year.
Stout is definitely not a word I'd use describing Jaylon. Guards get on him and it's over.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
These deficiencies were obvious during his college days and have persisted in his short NFL stint. Prior to his head scratching contract extension I'd hoped coaching, pride or both would've yielded a better LB but it is what it is now. It's time to squeeze whatever we can get from him this year with a viable plan to move on next off season. Chances are slim to none that we'll see much improvement in his game individually, maybe some strategic deployment by our DC will keep the rest of the defense from suffering because of a woefully overrated LB with a millstone of a contract.

He was one of my favorite college players to watch while at Notre Dame. Granted, I didn’t watch the Irish as intently as I do the Cowboys week-to-week, so I didn’t see all these glaring deficiencies.

In 2018, I really started to see some of these red flags in his play but I rationalized it was due to field rust and trusting his leg as he got further away from the injuries. It was also easy to be excited for a guy that came back from such devastating injuries playing relatively well overall; I just presumed his play was trending the right direction.

2019 happened and it became clear to me at least he’s got individual deficiencies playing the linebacker position that go beyond scheme fits.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I wanted him gone long before this post.

I cant stand the guy and his act, and dont want him on my team.

I hope the shock of camp is that they let him go. I don't care about the cap hit. Just take it and sign whoever you can. They wont be much worse and wont walk into the stadium that way.

I believe it has a very negative effect on the team when that behavior is allowed, or when a player attempts it in the first place.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Some of our fan base needs to chill. When players have poor coaching, it shows on the field. Now with a new coaching staff coming in, there's more excitement about what Smith can do for them in 2020. Reports from Michael Gehlken of the Dallas Morning News suggest that Nolan could be moving Smith from the middle LB spot to the weak side. He'll be fine. Nolan will see to it.

dfense

Reaction score
Ah, the old when all else fails, coaching. I'd buy that the underperforming Dline had more to do with Jaylon's bad play than coaching. Jaylon's natural LBing instincts are below average.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He played better the year before. Was he moved there because of injury last year..

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Ah, the old when all else fails, coaching. I'd buy that the underperforming Dline had more to do with Jaylon's bad play than coaching. Jaylon's natural LBing instincts are below average.
Jaylon made the probowl.....this is either true or it is not. Your agenda leads you to saying bitterly "Ah, the old when all else fails, coaching". Jaylon played at a high level despite the coaches putting scheme over game planning for the opponent. We as Cowboys fans all know this to be true....but your agenda won't allow you to admit it.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
He played better the year before. Was he moved there because of injury last year..
This is stuff that we know.....we didnt get figured out until the Rams game in the playoffs. We didn't adjust in the Rams game and last season our coaches refused to adjust despite most teams using that same Rams blueprint. We know this.

Status
Not open for further replies.