Jaylon, Marinelli and selfish plays

StevenOtero

Reaction score
I'll give you this.

At the very least your avatar isn't the Rowdy pic.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO... I think Jaylon and his old buddy Marinelli prioritized getting tacking/sacks stats this year in order to Justify Jaylon’s new contract.

Of course— they ratcheted the DL stunts so Jaylon could rack his tackling stats

So— they have tried to make this “ Legion of Boom ” but defense never not relied on scheme . We have won when we scheme coverages and stop stunting DL in running plays.
Jaylon didn't have as many sacks this year as last year, and you can't just coach tackles. I've never heard of getting a tackle being called selfish anyway. Isn't that what LBs are paid to do?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
IMO... I think Jaylon and his old buddy Marinelli prioritized getting tacking/sacks stats this year in order to Justify Jaylon’s new contract.

So— they have tried to make this “ Legion of Boom ” but defense never not relied on scheme . We have won when we scheme coverages and stop stunting DL in running plays.
so you are saying Marinelli and Jaylon conspired to get his tackle numbers up!!! to justify a contract he already has!!!

why?

:huh::facepalm:

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
@Hawkeye19 Jaylon should have never gotten that contract along with Lawrence,

He got that contract for one reason— to show Zeke and Dak what a “team friendly” deal looks like and to be an example to everyone else of the kind of player Jerry and Stephen are willing to extend and pay

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
He got that contract for one reason— to show Zeke and Dak what a “team friendly” deal looks like and to be an example to everyone else of the kind of player Jerry and Stephen are willing to extend and pay
Which is why we are ALREADY behind the 8 ball for next season. Jaylons plays was comical, laughable, stunning and borderline insulting. BUT....BUT....because we paid him...and Jerry held the big dog and pony showing throwing veiled messages to the lockeroom....Jaylon will be given more rope than mostly anyone on the team. A new coach will not be allowed to bench him or chastise him....because doing that would mean you are announcing Jerry did not know what he was doing by extending Jaylon. We are stuck with his sideshow for a couple of more years. Let's just hope that he makes 1 or 2 game changing plays...because the steady down in and down out play from a solid LBer is not in his future. When you have played high level (Notre Dame and Dallas) football for this long....and you do the things he does on a football field...there are just things he does on the football field you do not see at Pop Warner. So I don't see much changing.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
So just to clarify:

Jaylon AND Marinelli sabotaged the defense to get Jaylon stats, AFTER signing his contract. AND Dak and Kellen sabotaged the offense just to show off Daks ability to pass?

Does that sum it up? Just want to get a full recount of the crazy.
Don’t forget to recreate the legion of boom that neither was ever a part of. This guys all over the place.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Shouldn't the contract have been justified prior to execution? Didn't realize Marinelli was doling out contracts for the Cowboys.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

our D really let us down this year

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Offense was top 5 unit all season long... defense not so much..

What on Earth does that have to do with what I quoted. You said Dak and Kellen gimped the offense to make Dak money. Gimping the offense led to the #1 ranked offense per you. So is that really harming the team or sandbagging? Seems to me you're arguing against yourself now, which isn't entirely surprising.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score

Tin...........foiled..........hat

CWR

Reaction score
No. It was unjustified.

I agree, there was no justification for his contract based upon his play this year. He was yet another example of misleading statistics, just like our #1 offense.

I did think he was awesome in 2018. I actually thought him and LVE were the next stud LB duo. Besides the Colts and Rams games they were all over the field making plays. Which is why I think(HOPE) they are much better than what we saw this past year. Hopefully we get a couple DTS that keep em clean and find a scheme they can thrive in.

plymkr

Reaction score
So just to clarify:

Jaylon AND Marinelli sabotaged the defense to get Jaylon stats, AFTER signing his contract. AND Dak and Kellen sabotaged the offense just to show off Daks ability to pass?

Does that sum it up? Just want to get a full recount of the crazy.
You forgot about the special teams sabatoging Maher to bring in Forbath. Poor, Maher didn't see it coming

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hours old and I already hate the off season.
You guys need to tighten up the qualifications for becoming a member of this board. For instance...can they complete this puzzle?

41i8JiHip8L._AC_SY400_.jpg

snapper

Reaction score
We've been stunting heavily for 4 years. This thread is stupid.

I'll agree Smith had an awful year based on expectations, but it happens. I've been following the Cowboys for almost 50 years and I cannot recall one single player ever having a perfect career. There were great seasons, good seasons, and sometimes...bad seasons.

With the right DC, scheme and a stud space-eating DT, Smith could have a nice rebound year in 2020.

Blue64

Reaction score
Offense was top 5 unit all season long... defense not so much..
I just don’t get it, some of you keep repeating the offense was top 5 like it’s supposed to mean something?

Your top 5 offense could not score a TD against NO, where was your top offense against the Pats, Bills, Bears?
Oh yes they showed up for the Rams, garbage time in games already decided and the Commanders...

Where was your #1 offense against the severely depleted Eagles when it mattered the most?

nowhere to be found... just like your logic...