Twitter: Jaylon movement

DallasInDC

Reaction score
And yet so many insisted to me he was back 100% from that injury.

Just a really dumb extension. They did it for the feel good story. Pathetic.

3 big extensions this off season...3 under performing players. Seem to be a trend with this team. It's a cultural problem that starts with the GM/owner and ends with Garrett.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Looking at it slowly in detail, his left foot catches in the turf and drags as he starts trying to catch his momentum. Exactly the kind of problem I'd expect to see out of "drop foot". He doesn't lift the foot enough to clear the turf as he starts to bend his knees to lower himself, so the foot gets caught and drags.

Earlier in the season, a number of us were saying he looked physically off sometimes when he ran. It's becoming noticeable to more people.

It is the left leg that he had the knee injury on.

I wonder if he still has the foot brace on. Looks like he should.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Jaylon has had one very bad year, one very good year, and this year he is very average.

he is an average player. Jerry got suckered by his character and his story, which are both great. But his play certainly is not.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Watch Jaylon get super-blocked with a simple shove on Mattison's 17yd run. Credit to xwalker for the link.

he CANNOT stack and shed....its absolutely comical. Did Jerry and the Cowboys think the rest of the NFL and fans of this team would NOT get their hands on this film? It is week in and week out. I tried to keep an open mind. I have given him credit when he made a splash play here and there. But down in and down out....he is truly TERRIBLE! I dare his defenders to refute this statement.

Isn't he like the highest paid OLB in the NFL...or at the worst top 3? The simple BASICS of the position...he RARELY does!

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score

His ability to change direction is horrific and he is an absolute liability on defense. He plays stiff. If he makes a straight line towards somebody, and they don't see him, he can make an exciting play because of his speed. Ask him to cover someone or deal with a cutback and he is not good at all. Jaylon Smith is a great story, and seems like an amazing kid, but he has been a liability on this defense throughout the year.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
His ability to change direction is horrific and he is an absolute liability on defense. He plays stiff. If he makes a straight line towards somebody, and they don't see him, he can make an exciting play because of his speed. Ask him to cover someone or deal with a cutback and he is not good at all. Jaylon Smith is a great story, and seems like an amazing kid, but he has been a liability on this defense throughout the year.
I dare his defenders to defend your position. Anyone who defends this is not worth having a football conversation with. These type of "fans" are exactly who Jerry appeals too and why the value of his franchise continues to climb. "Fans" that are in this for entertainment..fan who are in this for the narrative...like...who will wear #94 next (Randy Gregory..what a joke)....who will be the next #88 (Antonio Bryant...what a joke)....the next Triplets (whomever besides Aikman, Irvin, Emmit...joke). Jerry has built an amazing entertainment outfit...and he is the lead carnival barker....it is truly sickening. I have tried to hold my tongue all year...but with so many players that are either the highest paid at their position (and I am talking you as well men on the Oline)...or near the top of being the highest paid at their position...this team should not be losing to the Jets...or falling down 31 - 3 at home to the Packers...or scoring ten points against a Saints team that does not have Drew Brees.

I do not expect to go 16 - 0. I know you will lose 4 - 6 games a year. But the way you lose matters. The teams that are good consistently year in and year out...do not have 4 - 6 BAD losses every year....in a year where people think they should be Super Bowl contenders.

ondaedg

Reaction score
he CANNOT stack and shed....its absolutely comical. Did Jerry and the Cowboys think the rest of the NFL and fans of this team would NOT get their hands on this film? It is week in and week out. I tried to keep an open mind. I have given him credit when he made a splash play here and there. But down in and down out....he is truly TERRIBLE! I dare his defenders to refute this statement.

Isn't he like the highest paid OLB in the NFL...or at the worst top 3? The simple BASICS of the position...he RARELY does!

Yep he is unable to take on a block and attack the ball carrier. Ro McClain is the last mlb we've had that could.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Watch Jaylon get super-blocked with a simple shove on Mattison's 17yd run. Credit to xwalker for the link.

Our linebackers play so far off the ball its easier for the OLinemen to get to the second level on them. NO traffic to fight through. Also why isn't LVE our MLB, Jaylon our SLB and Lee our WLB?

ondaedg

Reaction score
Our linebackers play so far off the ball its easier for the OLinemen to get to the second level on them. NO traffic to fight through. Also why isn't LVE our MLB, Jaylon our SLB and Lee our WLB?

I've wondered myself why LVE isn't our mlb. To me Jaylon is best in pursuit and doesn't have the body type to square up with a G or a C and still make a tackle.

DC4L_0420

Reaction score
54 has under performed this season. our entire LB core honestly..except Joe Thomas. He's been pretty solid and consistent for the most part.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its all the linebackers. LVE is worse too. Lee had one great game when LVE was out and has been terrible otherwise. Go look at the PFF grades. I don't know what the difference is in the defens between this year and last year, but something has changed and its affecting all of them. I just hope to god its not that OCs have figured something out b/c lord knows we aren't adjusting to anything new.