Jaylon Smith 3rd in tackles among all linebackers in NFL

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
reading how their grades work , 80 over 16 games would be considered great so 55.1 is not a bad score. So not the best but far from worst.

You’re not understanding the grades if that’s your takeaway, lol:

7619-DE3-D-A3-C2-4-D1-E-9108-60054-C6-FEFAC.png

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Eugene Lockhart used to get a lot too.

Yeah, we don't want the kind of situation that led to Eugene "Hitting Machine" Lockhart. We were 1-15 that 1989 year and he led the team and possibly the league in tackles.

Tackling someone 10 yards past the line of scrimmage on the way to becoming the worst team in football is not something you want to brag about.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Your linebackers are generally always going be your top tacklers in any defensive scheme.

People keep pointing at our DTs but what are they expecting, for Gallimore to have 120 solo tackles, smh?

I believe Jaylon has played more snaps than any other of our defensive players, so his proponents can heehaw about his durability, but his play is absolutely atrocious.

Maybe post one of his stats where you can prove he stinks?

because his supporters have tons of stats that say otherwise.

the #JaylonHate is worse than the #ZekeHate

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Jaylon Smith is 3rd in tackles (103) among all NFL linebackers and 2nd (39) in assist .

Here is the PFF info
https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/jaylon-smith/10668
Yea I posted something similar earlier this season. I think someone asked me if tackles was an official stat. The hate for Jaylon is real amongst some fans. I thought it would be enough to get him the probowl. Should be the next man in line if someone goes down or declines.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Yea I posted something similar earlier this season. I think someone asked me if tackles was an official stat. The hate for Jaylon is real amongst some fans. I thought it would be enough to get him the probowl. Should be the next man in line if someone goes down or declines.

:facepalm:

streetcredit

Reaction score

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Maybe post one of his stats where you can prove he stinks?

because his supporters have tons of stats that say otherwise.

the #JaylonHate is worse than the #ZekeHate
Interesting. I don’t care to delve too much into the Jaylon debates but I am curious to see what he excels at. I know he had an interception and almost ran it back for a pick 6. Is one interception by a LB pretty good or poor? Does he force a lot of fumbles compared to other LBs around the league? Does he get a lot of sacks or QB pressure? Does he defend a lot of passes for his position? What are some of the stats that show he is a top player?

I can look some of this stuff up later in the week for myself, but wondering if some of this information already exists.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Interesting. I don’t care to delve too much into the Jaylon debates but I am curious to see what he excels at. I know he had an interception and almost ran it back for a pick 6. Is one interception by a LB pretty good or poor? Does he force a lot of fumbles compared to other LBs around the league? Does he get a lot of sacks or QB pressure? Does he defend a lot of passes for his position? What are some of the stats that show he is a top player?

I can look some of this stuff up later in the week for myself, but wondering if some of this information already exists.

Tackles......and then tackles apparently...