Jaylon Smith is now a liability

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I'm sorry, he's slow, out of place and missing tackles. This is the official hole in the defense.. even the tackle he made today was because the player tripped over him.
Jaylon is ballin.

quickccc

Reaction score
Hes' not a focus point of the defense - you have to take as playing a backup LB
if and when Keanu Neal comes back ad returns to form, jaylon's reps will be reduced
- but we need the LB body, we need his depth.

-Obvious club does not feel confident enuff for rookie Cox to exceed Jaylon at this point. i think is gonna be more next year's project.
But jaylon's greatest strength is his durability and availability.

-Biggest thing scheme wise i make sure he keeps everything in front of him . vs run or pass. Anything on the corner or edge that makes him go lateral
or gets behind him .. its over.

-He's not gonna always shed thru traffic or get to the corner on edge runs; he made one nice stop off screen plays en route to the Swipe display
We have to do with him until we get better reinforcement at LB. (Neal)

lukin2006

Reaction score
Smith is just now a liability and he’s better at lb than Parsons? May I suggest the op watch some games. They play every week.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
He’s still better than Parsons at linebacker.

When LVE was out of the game we missed him too.

I don’t know where Neal is and why Cox can’t get an opportunity.

Parsons still has a long long way to gay as a backer. Pass rush though? Phenom.

Neal is in Covid protocol still, will be back soon.

quickccc

Reaction score
Nope.

Parsons was constantly out of position against the run and really looked lost at times.

Linebacker is not his strength yet. As bad as Jaylon is he is currently better at linebacker than Parsons.

wow, i totally disagree with the later
Although i agree that Panthers schemed Parsons out of plays 1st half of game, ...adjustments were made 2nd half of game, and he was much better vs run and pass.

and as far as LB, you won't see Jaylon in on traffic, meeting backs in backfield, on in pure pursuit down the line the way Parsons has.
Parsons has made great recovery tracking down backs at both in angles and pursuit- and running right thru blitz-blocking RBs as i've never see Jaylon do.
Jaylon would have been stonewalled vs that RB that Parson got his sack vs.

I'm not sure how you are observing the game, with such a claim.

Mr_437

Reaction score
It's to the point, DQ can't put #55 n #9 in the game at the same time. If you're a person who wants #11 at DE...he can't go b/c the vets keep wetting the bed. Love the move of putting Parsons at MLB, by the way.

You have Neal coming back, and Cox a week more experienced. LB group will be straight once the rotation involves Neal, Parsons n Cox.