Twitter: Jaylon Smith: Number 9 is more than a number to me

Hoofbite

Reaction score
This guy might be the player I dislike the most in the last 20 years. A total fraud. Who cares what this clown thinks. This loser literally ran away from tackles. Hopefully this is his last camp as a Cowboy.

I could probably find a good number I have disliked more. Roy Williams (WR) is pretty hard to beat, for me. He cost way too much, which isn't his fault, but he was an absolute bum.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
I get it to an extent. I have always worn number 9 in all the sports I played and even now in the old man leagues I play in. Sometimes, I couldn’t get 9 do I played in whatever number.

I guess my point is, Jaylon is not anywhere near good enough to be making such a scene about wearing a number. If you like 9 then quietly obtain it when you can and move on. If you are Tom Brady, for example, then you can make a little noise about getting your number.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Sounds like someone's paying a bit too much attention to social media and the negative backlash about switching numbers. Whatever gets him motivated, I couldn't care less about the number he wears, I only care about the quality of football he plays.

I hope he has a great season for us.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
The number 9 is also a letter to Jaylon, he puts it in between P and Q in the alphabet, and it adds an extra beat to the song. Try it, its kinda catchy that way.

Notre Dame is known for progressive teaching philosophies in English and Literature, so it is of no surprise that he feels this way about such a profound concept of adding this digit to the alphabet.

Now this opens up a lot of flexibility on how to spell words which otherwise would have been handcuffed to the more traditional method.

Examples:

1. Canine becomes simply Ca9.
2. Ninety becomes 9ty.
3. Arginine, argi9.
4. Zaniness, Za9ss
5. Braininess, Brai9ss
6. Puniness, Pu9ss (that felt dirty)
7. Sunniness, Sun9ss
8. Horniness, Hor9ss

and a special #9 in this category:

9. Ultrafeminine becomes Ultrafemi9

We all thank Jaylon for this update to the alphabet, and we can now finally move forward into the future, saving ink and pixels where we can.