Video: Jaylon Smith on His New Role

Dre11

Reaction score
Yep, the fact that LVE will be playing the MLB spot and Jaylon the weak side might be the ticket to better LB play. Let's hope so. :)

he still have to make plays, no matter where he is.

Dre11

Reaction score
And its been why you have been wrong forever.

When you finally figure out that coaching matters, let us all know. We listened to your Garrett is great drivel for 14 years.

it hasn't mattered here for 25 years, when you learn that it takes with any coach including Parcells.

Dre11

Reaction score
And its been why you have been wrong forever.

When you finally figure out that coaching matters, let us all know. We listened to your Garrett is great drivel for 14 years.

I'm going to see how long it will take you to start crying again...lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
it hasn't mattered here for 25 years, when you learn that it takes with any coach including Parcells.

Talent matters and coaching matters. Scheme matters. You HERO Garrett had plenty of talent to get past the 2nd round over 10 years and he failed miserably.

Im not the fool that championed Garrett as some great coach. That would be you. :lmao::lmao:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
you'll get it soon enough, you haven't learned after 25 years, if you're even that old
I dont care if we dont get a nfc cc game or super bowl with mike.
1. He wont last as long as that loser garrett
2. Garrett is a phony and I just dont like him.

So you can bring up jerry all you want. Get the phonies out of the orginization.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
he still have to make plays, no matter where he is.

Relax, my friend -- I absolutely pinky swear to you that's precisely what will occur!:thumbup:

He far better suited to play the weak side than he is to play the MLB position. You'll see!

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
well if LVE is Middle and Smith weak, that leaves strong to Lee? is that his best role? i dodnt think so so if not lee and lee is a backup whos the strong side backer?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not a single reference to "Hot Boyz". I wish The Swipe would similarly disappear.

But he gives a good interview. He should give more of them. I got a better impression of him here than all the Swipe, Hot Boyz, and merchandizing he was doing last year.
I hope someone's recording the parts where he says, "I'm a sponge.".......Pretty sure that gif will come in handy at some point, when talking about his contract.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Least favorite player on the team. By far. Good guy, but man, his constant search of self promotion is insufferable.

Dre11

Reaction score
Talent matters and coaching matters. Scheme matters. You HERO Garrett had plenty of talent to get past the 2nd round over 10 years and he failed miserably.

Im not the fool that championed Garrett as some great coach. That would be you. :lmao::lmao:

again you're addicted to Garrett like a little scorned ******. I'll be here to hand you tissues when you start crying again...lol

Dre11

Reaction score
I dont care if we dont get a nfc cc game or super bowl with mike.
1. He wont last as long as that loser garrett
2. Garrett is a phony and I just dont like him.

So you can bring up jerry all you want. Get the phonies out of the orginization.

then why cry about the coach if you don't care. 25 years. 1 common denominator. and I like Jerry.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
again you're addicted to Garrett like a little scorned ******. I'll be here to hand you tissues when you start crying again...lol

Im not the clown that was addicted to Garrett. LOL

Ill continue to laugh in your face and make an example of you. Let us all never forget the pathetic example of a Cowboys fan that was you and any joker that hailed Garrett as a great coach.

They need hopeless fans like you in Cincy and Cleveland. We dont go for losers like Garrett around here.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
then why cry about the coach if you don't care. 25 years. 1 common denominator. and I like Jerry.

You made the exact same stupid mistake Jerry did. Faith in a loser like Garrett. :laugh::laugh:

Sydla

Reaction score

And over that 25 year period, there was one thing Jerry was really bad at - picking coaches. Gailey, Campo, grabbed Parcells out of retirement, Phillips was never a good HC and then Garrett. To act like it was Jones who turned them all into bad to average HCs is pretty funny.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
No dog in this but is it possible to make the case that both schemes AND coaching matters? For example, look at where/how used Bryon Jones at S his first 2-3 years in the league only to figure out he's actually a better CB. If we had left him at S, I'm not sure he gets a huge contract. But even being moved to CB, he still had to play at a high level to justify the move, which he did. So in this case, both coaching AND scheme worked.........

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Man I just don't get how people don't root for him with everything he's been through. Shocked to hear fans think he has to "win them over".

I cheer for him but like others in this thread have said he went in the wrong direction last year.

Lots of red flags

Got paid.. Worried about branding himself.. His play on the field went south in a hurry.

He was incredible the year before but last year he looked like he did in his first season which was not very good.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I cheer for him but like others in this thread have said he went in the wrong direction last year.

Lots of red flags

Got paid.. Worried about branding himself.. His play on the field went south in a hurry.

He was incredible the year before but last year he looked like he did in his first season which was not very good.

This is true but I wonder how much losing LVE hurt him. Also, I'm not sure coaches allowed him to play to his strength.