Jaylon Smith post game interview

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Things Jaylon today did that no one asked him to do but help make me hate him even more,

- pushing the player out of bounds (it was fine, not late), but following it up with that stupid fake spasm tough guy routine with the Olineman

- getting a tackle on the rb where the the rb gets the first down, but Jaylon decides its the perfect time for the swipe

- getting to the qb after Tank had already sacked him and bring out the swipe

- making that stupid 'we have it' fumble gesture when they're fighting for the ball right next to you

It's embarrassing. I hate him. I want him off the team. I've never felt this way about a team I support before

Cmac

Reaction score
Ok so im.sure by now you all heard Jaylon Smith's post game remarks. A reporter asked him if he expects to.be back. Well Jalyen was so taken a back and so surprised by this question. He said well duh do you guys watch my film? See that's Jaylen in a nut shell. I swear I wish Charles Haley was on this team. Hayley would hang Jaylen on a post somewhere if he dodnt kick his *** first. However the real problem is how and why is Jaylen allowed to feel the way he feels? How is it that Jaylen is so so so confident that he dares question anyone about his play and says watch the video. Ha lol. That's embarrassing. That's the culture of the Cowboys and it's not changing anytime soon. This is the problem with this organization.
You can't possibly put that on Jaylon, alone.......this culture been going on for over 20 years now....so how can you just blame Jaylon? This te am is a laughingstock, been a laughingstock, and can't ever win a "Big" game.....we've been down this road before. The problem has been overlooking the obvious and finding one to heave all the blame on. We lost today....he already the Fall Guy for the Defense.

Stargazing

Reaction score
You can't possibly put that on Jaylon, alone.......this culture been going on for over 20 years now....so how can you just blame Jaylon? This te am is a laughingstock, been a laughingstock, and can't ever win a "Big" game.....we've been down this road before. The problem has been overlooking the obvious and finding one to heave all the blame on. We lost today....he already the Fall Guy for the Defense.

I am not putting it a on him obviously but come on....He is the poster boy of why the culture of this team is broken. There is no way around it. Yes yes the list is long but no other player had the balls to actually say come on look at my film....there is no way I'm the problem on defense and I'm not getting cut. Yes yes there are so many more problems but this idiot makes it worst for himself. He is delusional but worse is the organization makes him feel safe feeling the way he feels.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
No one is blaming Gregory or Tank or any of the young guys, cause while they can screw up, the effort is always there and they make some impact. This defence will never improve with Jaylon being at the center of it. He can't plan his freaking foot, and worse he has horrible Hollywood mentality considering how awful he's been, especially in the one playoff game he's played in (Rams)

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
LB play has been bad.....all year. The hate on one just mask the problem deserving to at least 3 (but 2 are always immune). We have no speed and the interior line play gets gashed.
I doubt anyone would disagree with your assessment, but you are posting in a specific thread dealing with 54's post game comments. That probably has something to do with the focus on 54 and the lack of comments regarding our other scrub LBers.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Things Jaylon today did that no one asked him to do but help make me hate him even more,

- pushing the player out of bounds (it was fine, not late), but following it up with that stupid fake spasm tough guy routine with the Olineman

- getting a tackle on the rb where the the rb gets the first down, but Jaylon decides its the perfect time for the swipe

- getting to the qb after Tank had already sacked him and bring out the swipe

- making that stupid 'we have it' fumble gesture when they're fighting for the ball right next to you

It's embarrassing. I hate him. I want him off the team. I've never felt this way about a team I support before

You know why?

Because NONE of those things were/are good for the team, but just an opportunity for 54 to get some "look at me" time

He is a selfish, selfish, selfish player who says all the "right" things, but who's play and antics completely contradicts his supposed team-first cliches.

And worst of all is that he's one of JJ's chosen ones, so no one can contradict or, most importantly, SIT HIM for his stupidity.

Stargazing

Reaction score
Again people I think are misunderstanding the point of my post. The bottom line is why does Jaylon feel the way he does and why as an organization that allows him to feel the way he does? The organization makes it ok for him.to believe how great he thinks he is. That is the problem.

Cmac

Reaction score
I doubt anyone would disagree with your assessment, but you are posting in a specific thread dealing with 54's post game comments. That probably has something to do with the focus on 54 and the lack of comments regarding our other scrub LBers.
My bad....I'll find the "What did our D Leader/Coach say? thread.

Cmac

Reaction score
No one is blaming Gregory or Tank or any of the young guys, cause while they can screw up, the effort is always there and they make some impact. This defence will never improve with Jaylon being at the center of it. He can't plan his freaking foot, and worse he has horrible Hollywood mentality considering how awful he's been, especially in the one playoff game he's played in (Rams)
Shouldn't he be asking Lee what to do or how to get better then?.....Has anyone seen Lee? My bad.

conner01

Reaction score
Well, he ain't no Dick Butkis.
He’s not and never will be
He’s a good LB being paid to be an elite LB
But he can’t be moved on from so I don’t get why people say cut him
It’s not possible to cut him anymore than it’s possible to cut Zeke

conner01

Reaction score
Shouldn't he be asking Lee what to do or how to get better then?.....Has anyone seen Lee? My bad.
Lee is still a very smart player but Father Time and injuries haven’t taken a toll on him
But what jaylon lacks can’t be taught
You have instincts or you don’t