RELEASED Jaylon Smith released

Cmac

Reaction score
I also think LVE will play better. I think #9 had him believing he/they were better than they are. Combine that with Parsons showing up and playing lights outs. Parsons set a new bar for what great LB play looks like. I hope LVE sees that.
It will not matter if LVE sees that......he is the favorite......now we can all watch and focus on his play, and starting declaring about his leadership skills.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
FACTS!!

He will get signed by a team that has injuries this season. But I find it hard that he will EVER go through a training camp for another team and actually make the roster. Especially if the team owns a couple of blocking sleds!
That blocking sled video was probably the beginning of the end for him.

Jipper

Reaction score
:popcorn:
Keep your popcorn close because its not even mid season yet. . . I predict a big trade

I agree a trade or am unexpected signing is coming....glad to see this team is constantly evolving....with the 30th ranked pass defense they should be constantly thinking about improving

The defense is certainly improved but honestly without Diggs 5 ints this team may look a lot different....got to keep building as the troops get healthy

NotForLong

Reaction score
Once again, people that threaten others with the ignore button ARE THE LAMEST.

Use the ignore feature if you want to, but don’t posture and tell everyone how you’re gonna do it, luulz
giphy.webp

So lame

TDHND

Reaction score
As the biggest ND fan/Smith fan you’ll meet this is a gut punch. I feel like I did when he got hurt in his last college football game. I know he hasn’t been the same player and most people wish it had happened sooner. Best of luck to him. He’s a good dude.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Holy ****, I'm starting to have renewed faith.

Spot on, the stars are certainly aligning for something special......the Cowboys draft a difference making DEFENSE MAKING, the secondary achieve more take away's in the first 4 games than the whole previous year, our QB fulfills the promise and no long term injuries.

.......now Jerry actually has the talent to him (and balls), to make a tough football decision rather than kick the can down the road.
Lets Go Cowboys

phildadon86

Reaction score
This is my take. If anyone has noticed. This teams culture is all about the team. If you watch the interviews. It’s everyone complimenting each other, speaking about the brotherhood etc. Jaylon after the eagles game basically said to the media he did the most running on defense. Making it about him. Personally I think that was the straw. I’m just happy that there is accountability back in Dallas.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
It’s almost unanimous on this board that for poor play or a message or both that this was a great move. It’s rare that we all agree on anything.

Maybe this lights a fire and sends a message like we all hope and they blow out the Giants. And shut down Barkley.

We have some nice safety rotations for once (especially when Wilson comes back) as well as moving J Ron down to play some LB.

Young, hungry, and fast.

NotForLong

Reaction score
That so many of you are focused on the money and thinking somehow JS's paycheck is an entitlement to laugh at the man says so much. I have no problem with the move, I have a problem with people rejoicing at another's failure. It's a pathetic, loser's mentality and a poor excuse for bad behavior.
Don't even waste your time typing . . . just use this meme
giphy.webp

Zordon

Reaction score
The same vets who have given us years of putrid defense? Let me guess it’s the Hot Boys and LVE? I’m looking forward to their departure too.

phildadon86

Reaction score
While I like the “nobody is safe from bad play” perspective, he wasn’t playing that bad this year. Compared to everyone else, maybe. But he was serviceable and good for when Parsons/LVE or someone needed a break. Or if someone is injured. This decision has to have something else behind it. You don’t get rid of depth like that. Still gotta pay him anyway so why not keep him on the roster?

*edit: he also appeared to be a leader on the defense. He would recognize plays and formations and would call it to the defense. I saw it in some of their huddles. Regardless of how it showed on field, he could recognize the plays and was a leader. Weird thing to do…
Wouldnt surprise me if he was calling them into the wrong formations. This is the accountability you wanted. Jaylon didn’t recognize anything but questions from reporters not praising him, and pro bowl votes.

phildadon86

Reaction score
RUMOR ALERT: This may have already been mentioned, but Youtuber Mark Holmes says a source told him that Jaylon was a locker room concern, running his mouth too much. I know money was the ultimate reason, but I had no idea that Jaylon was anything but a good teammate. That's if it's even true.
I’ve been saying he’s a cancer in the locker room for a year. His comments to reporters said as much. Wouldn’t surprise me if parsons told jerry to get rid of him. Lol