RELEASED Jaylon Smith released

RoboQB

Reaction score
He didn’t say you couldn’t celebrate improving the team but many are celebrating the failure of Jaylon. That’s childish and just wrong after that horrible injury and how he worked extremely hard in his comeback.

I haven't seen that here.
People are happy to see the FO finally make a move in the direction
of holding players accountable.

People counting tackles and voting for pro bowls on Twitter are upset
because they (including you) look very dumb right now.

Acting childish would be posting butthurt posts because they've been
proven wrong. To them, I say, deal with it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You are late . . . there was a clown and everything
giphy.webp

But only like 3 guys showed up

Who needs clowns when you can have furries? Furries are cute, not creepy, and even more fun.

Zordon

Reaction score
This is my take. If anyone has noticed. This teams culture is all about the team. If you watch the interviews. It’s everyone complimenting each other, speaking about the brotherhood etc. Jaylon after the eagles game basically said to the media he did the most running on defense. Making it about him. Personally I think that was the straw. I’m just happy that there is accountability back in Dallas.
yup let me post that video.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I haven't seen that here.
People are happy to see the FO finally make a move in the direction
of holding players accountable.

People counting tackles and voting for pro bowls on Twitter are upset
because they (including you) look very dumb right now.

Acting childish would be posting butthurt posts because they've been
proven wrong. To them, I say, deal with it.
Then you haven’t read the entire thread.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, that certainly is a shock. I completely missed this last night and, while I am still processing, here are a few quick thoughts:

I wish Jaylon nothing but the best. Following the devastating injury at ND -an injury many thought he would never fully recover -- it is really amazing he returned to play in the NFL.

I wonder how this affects the team chemistry? Could this light a fire with some of the players?

I wonder if this move has long-term affects on the way the FO approaches contracts. Will JJ learn from this?

We debated Jaylon Smith countless times on this forum; still shocked the Cowboys cut him.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really can't think of anything else unless something happened post game or today before/during/after practice

Quinn has done a great job adjusting the scheme to fit the players (versus forcing players to fit a scheme).

Maybe Quinn just couldn't make it fit Smith? It really is a head scratcher

As we all know releasing a player is not Quinns decision. Jaylon is not injured and he provides depth to a position where we are thin. There was simply no sense that he was on such thin ice. Sure we complain about his play and antics on this board, but I have never heard even a negative tweet about any insider complaining about Jaylon. These kinds of moves are usually reserved for disciplinary issues.

Batman1980

Reaction score
As we all know releasing a player is not Quinns decision. Jaylon is not injured and he provides depth to a position where we are thin. There was simply no sense that he was on such thin ice. Sure we complain about his play and antics on this board, but I have never heard even a negative tweet about any insider complaining about Jaylon. These kinds of moves are usually reserved for disciplinary issues not mid season.

Jaylon IS injured, he never fully recovered from his severe college injury and was ineffective because of it.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I think I am responsible for 2 pages by myself. I have not posted this much in YEARS. YEARS. I am having trouble sleeping!! I even scheduled a conference call with some Cowboys fans last night!!!
I gotta have about 2 pages myself . . . and over a 100 likes
Why so much excitement? Because we are actually behaving look a FOOTBALL franchise!!!

Exactly:thumbup:

And it feels good for a change[/QUOTE]

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jaylon IS injured, he never fully recovered from his severe college injury and was ineffective because of it.

No he is not. He actually made the 2019 pro bowl with the injury you are referring too. His play can be explained as simply trying to mask the fact he's trying to not get injured. You can see the faux effort every game. He takes bad angles and falls down to avoid contact.

I read an explanation that makes sense. IF he got injured this season, it would be a problem for the Cowboys in 2022. Apparently, his 2022 contract is fully guaranteed against injury including injuries that prevent him from making the team. They may have just decided he's not worth the risk at this point. Lets cut him before he gets injured.

John813

Reaction score
Somebody is editing film......I see a lot of chasing when viewing LVE. Are you kidding me? Now everybody performing but Jaylon.....that's what we're going with? Board needs a new Fall Guy......can't be DLaw, he's injured (SLee rule).

I had to find the press conference to believe it.
At 10:20 Quinn starts talking about the Micah-LVE pairing and at 10:50 he discusses how he was pleased with LVE this past game.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/dan-quinn-keep-pedaling-downhill

Cmac

Reaction score
No he is not. He actually made the 2019 pro bowl with the injury you are referring too. His play can be explained as simply trying to mask the fact he's trying to not get injured. You can see the faux effort every game. He takes bad angles and falls down to avoid contact.

I read an explanation that makes sense. IF he got injured this season, it would be a problem for the Cowboys in 2022. Apparently, his 2022 contract is fully guaranteed against injury including injuries that prevent him from making the team. They may have just said he's not worth the risk at this point. Lets cut him before he gets injured.
....then why not do that BEFORE the season? Why the revelation now?

Carson

Reaction score

I read an explanation that makes sense. IF he got injured this season, it would be a problem for the Cowboys in 2022. Apparently, his 2022 contract is fully guaranteed against injury including injuries that prevent him from making the team. They may have just decided he's not worth the risk at this point. Lets cut him before he gets injured.
Bingo.

He’s not in the future plans moving forward. If he falls down and tears anything, even if you release him, they must pay his 9 million salary.