RELEASED Jaylon Smith released

Cmac

Reaction score
And he lost his job too.

You sure seem to like to beat around the bushes, why don't you just come out and say what you really mean? For a guy who talks a lot, you don't say much.
Kinda like a lot of us.....then I'm fitting in too. You have options.

Cmac

Reaction score
Well, certainly can't say it's not "watch your back" time for LVE. But supposedly Quinn believes LVE has more in the tank and can contribute. The question I want to know is will they offer him a contract worth anything or let him go test the market as a free agent?
We will find out.....it was a financial decision for Jaylon, may end up that way for LVE in the offseason. NFL is a business, no surprise there.

Cmac

Reaction score
So the wheels are going to fall off because we released Jaylon? Come on, have you watched him play, he is not very good and was a liability.....
We will have to see, injuries, chemistry, , leadership......excuses.....we'll have to see. Know it was about contract.

Fmart322

Reaction score
Gotcha.

In myopinion, the real Cowboys curse is our terrible mascot Rowdy.
He came on the scene in 1996 and the Cowboys have been irrelevant ever since.

Fire Rowdy Today!

LOL, I was kidding really but was just thinking...."making good decisions based on performance".... Since Jerry essentially let Jimmy back in the building, things have gotten better. I am not usually a superstitious type person but I hold that open only to my Cowboys..

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with anyone that thinks we made a good football move, or with people that think we didn't. There.are many posts that go way beyond that, though.

It's clear we're deep at LB and that without Jaylon's contract, we won't be spending much at the position. The FO didn't want to risk being on the hook for his '22 contract. That's fine.

Regardless of how you think he played, we lost a team leader on that side of the ball. Hopefully that has no effect moving forward.

By every account I've ever read, Smith is a good dude. Only lowlifes laugh when tough things happen to good, positive people in any walk of life.

Spotrac is reporting a 6.8 million dead cap hit for 2022.

really didn’t save a lot.

Brooksey

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with anyone that thinks we made a good football move, or with people that think we didn't. There.are many posts that go way beyond that, though.

It's clear we're deep at LB and that without Jaylon's contract, we won't be spending much at the position. The FO didn't want to risk being on the hook for his '22 contract. That's fine.

Regardless of how you think he played, we lost a team leader on that side of the ball. Hopefully that has no effect moving forward.

By every account I've ever read, Smith is a good dude. Only lowlifes laugh when tough things happen to good, positive people in any walk of life.

Great leaders lead by example..he was far from a real leader. More of a verbal mouth who didn’t back it up on the field. He was detrimental to the team IMO. I’m glad he made 35 million dollars, good for him and his family. Wish him the best

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
no one will trade for a salary gtd by Dallas for 2021.

plus we get hit with dead cap for 2022.

The cap hit is worth erasing the defensive black hole that our opponents constantly exploited.

I get that some guys on the team are bummed because they liked Jaylon. They will feel better in the weeks to come when our defense is even BETTER.