Jaylon Smith: Relentless Effort, Heart of a Champion

John813

Reaction score
wojakss.jpg

BuT lOoK aT hIs ToTaL tAcKlEs. #4 last year!!!!

This team has too many guys that don't love football. It's just a job for them to pursue other goals and it shows. Watching the Cardinals defense it was a 180 degree showing of effort. Their no name RDE looked like Clay Matthews early on. Their secondary wanted to dish out hard hits. They came to play and gave our guys some good licks. Our guys were too busy thinking about the day off on tuesday it seemed.

Last edited:

fansince68

Reaction score
THIS is the BIGGEST issue. People can talk about him getting paid and relaxing. I think they seriously miss that this guy is simply NOT A GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYER!!!!!!!!!

The very few plays he has made in his NFL career are due to being in the right place at the right time. And these are the plays people are hanging their hat on when they refer to the "mythical magical" season he had 2 years ago.

He does not anticipate. He gets fooled 99% of the time. He NEVER has a clue pre-snap. Rarely has a clue post-snap. He simply LOOKS the part (size, speed, muscular). I am on record stating I refuse to talk football with anyone who thinks this guy was EVER a good player in a Dallas uniform. We have drafted LBers in the 2nd round that had all world measurables....Bruce Carter from UNC and a kid from a small school that ran like a 4.4....I think his last name may have been Davis. The guy had all the measurables....but the front office/coaching staff knew this guy had no idea what was going on....and he was cut. We did not give those guys contract extensions...because they could not play and were quickly out of the league after we moved on from them

I have said it before and I will say it again....anybody that convinced Jerry to give this guy an extension better not have a job making football decisions EVER again. My hope....for the sake of this franchise....is that this extension was Jerry and Jerry alone....because I already know he has very little football knowledge. It is one thing to draft him...thinking you may hit on something...but to actually have him in the building....and on the field...and get to watch him play day in and day out.....yet STILL give him an extension....whose idea was this???????

When the people at the Star....and the coaches and players for the other 31 teams turn on film every week of this guy....I am sure they see what we see. How we can keep trotting this guy out there convinces me we are the laughing stock of the league!!!

We complain about the extensions of D Lawrence, Zeke, Cooper etc....but ALL of those guys have shown sustained productivity...which at least warranted or allowed me to understand why they were paid. I have yet to have anyone show my why we made him one of the highest paid ILBs in NFL history. And PLEASE....PLEASE....do not give me tackle numbers. Unless they are tackles for losses (which shows anticipation)
Lazy between the ears. Jaylon has been in the league long enough to have detailed mental files on his opponents. If he could study his own film, he might be able to make adjustments. An average player makes more plays by "accident" than Jaylon makes. Why does sorry play not equate to benching? At the very least to discuss a missed tackle or assignment.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Lazy between the ears. Jaylon has been in the league long enough to have detailed mental files on his opponents. If he could study his own film, he might be able to make adjustments. An average player makes more plays by "accident" than Jaylon makes. Why does sorry play not equate to benching? At the very least to discuss a missed tackle or assignment.

This team rests on its perceived laurels.

When we had D. Ware we never drafted talent to develop behind him. We put all our eggs into one basket. Likewise, we have not developed talent/depth at the linebacker position. We constantly try to find undrafted rookie free agent gems to fill voids.

The latest hero is Luke Gifford who has somehow bought himself two seasons off the strength of an INT in preseason game.

Creeper

Reaction score
They can cut or trade Jaylon Smith in 2021 and it will cost them $9.4 million against the cap. But all but $1.8 million would be offset by taking his salary off their books.

fifaguy

Reaction score
Sad thing is.. he is trying. The problem is his all out effort looks like a jog. His running gait has looked off ever since he came back from that gruesome injury in college.