Twitter: Jaylon Smith signs with NY Giants

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
If he plays they should attack him every snap he's out there. They are bringing him in for "inside knowledge " but knowing what's coming doesn't matter unless you got the skill to stop it.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Jaylon just got signed for his top secret Cowboys intel he can provide.
Usually, I would agree with but I'm not sure.........the G-men are basically eliminated from the playoff. Can't see signing him for intel reason alone meaning that much. Just me, but I think they honestly need him and believe it'll be an easier transition. Not to mention, they get almost a free look to see if he's worthy of a training camp invite.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Usually, I would agree with but I'm not sure.........the G-men are basically eliminated from the playoff. Can't see signing him for intel reason alone meaning that much. Just me, but I think they honestly need him and believe it'll be an easier transition. Not to mention, they get almost a free look to see if he's worthy of a training camp invite.
Oh I agree Hawkeye, I said it more tongue in cheek...:D

Cmac

Reaction score
Dude, whatever. Sean Lee was almost always in position to make plays. LVE is a joke at the position just as Jaylon is and should be gone by the end of the season. The Cowboys were smart not to pick up LVE's option.

I never said Jaylon was dumb. He doesn't have a football mind and video evidence of his play shows that. He's clearly got intelligence and that shows off of the field. You have an agenda to imply something that simply isn't the case. Get the chip off your shoulder and figure out that we're talking football only here, not a banned topic. You're shaking the wrong tree. I wish Lee, Jaylon, and LVE all had the intelligence, dedication, and talent of Parsons.

Sean Lee had some physical talent, but there's a reason he was a leader for so many years. Jaylon had extraordinary physical ability before his knee injury. He even played with some mental talent some after but degraded when his physical ability did and who knows what he would be like had he spent more time studying the game rather than focusing off the field. Recently? This season especially he looked like a seventh grader learning the position; Tons of enthusiasm and energy, but zero awareness.

I'll reiterate for you. Jaylon was unwilling or unable to keep up with studying the game and it showed by his play. Otherwise he wouldn't have been cut by two teams, the latter of which desperately needed linebackers. Personally, I think he was unwilling and was more focused on off-the-field business things.

But you continue to do you and think incorrectly about other people's motivations when you don't even know them.
DeathMonkey.......point is you implied quite bit, quite a bit. But the Board is for each of us to be subjective. And now more with Parson in making comparisons to each.
So I'l be subjective.....I'll go on a limb that SLee, Jaylon, and LVE have and had intelligence and dedication, in the film room and on the field. Talent levels are different in all, but Pro Bowls surfaced when it was going good. How about that? Unfortunately for each, the common theme is that injury impacted each of them. Let's hope Parson never gets hurt, to stifle his career. How about that too? But somehow you continue to imply that Jaylon (and only Jaylon) was unwilling or unable to keep up with studying. Where is that coming from? You make no sense at all.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My first thought was, "Oh, how the mighty have fallen".

My second thought - now, hear me out - was one of guarded admiration. To go from the Pro Bowl to the PS in a few short years must be a blow to the ego. I wish him the best

RonWashington

Reaction score
Will Jaylon play or is he on the JV squad wearing the jacket to class impressing the girls but not on Varsity. If he’s practice squad what difference does it make ?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Giants are saying they plan to have Jaylon play on Sunday. That's just crazy to expect him to be game-ready so quick.

Brooksey

Reaction score
It's just some free inside knowledge on our defensive alignments

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
We could not be any luckier.

The best thing that could happen was for him to join a NFCE team.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Trying to get info before our game. Hopefully he gets activated and gets to play against us.