Twitter: Jaylon Smith signs with NY Giants

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don’t understand the hate for Smith. He had a horrific injury, came back, and played pretty well for a couple of years. It’s not his fault the FO gave him a bad contract (as in bad for the team). Would you turn it down? The injury just destroyed his athleticism. It was no one’s fault. It’s past time to let it go.
I dont think most are hating on Jaylon, just disappointed that the investment on the player never payed off here in Big D.

nobody

Reaction score
My point has been made, and I'd guess you wouldn't be able to surmise.

As for Jaylon......"It was obvious that Jaylon either didn't put in the study time"......where'd you come up with that? (Dumb jock)

As for SLee......"but it was obvious that he was always working on his craft and studying"......where'd you come up with that? (Smart to make up for athleticism)

But no response about LVE.

Deep thinking baby, deep thinking. This is gonna shake the leaves, for sure. And I'm good with that.

Dude, whatever. Sean Lee was almost always in position to make plays. LVE is a joke at the position just as Jaylon is and should be gone by the end of the season. The Cowboys were smart not to pick up LVE's option.

I never said Jaylon was dumb. He doesn't have a football mind and video evidence of his play shows that. He's clearly got intelligence and that shows off of the field. You have an agenda to imply something that simply isn't the case. Get the chip off your shoulder and figure out that we're talking football only here, not a banned topic. You're shaking the wrong tree. I wish Lee, Jaylon, and LVE all had the intelligence, dedication, and talent of Parsons.

Sean Lee had some physical talent, but there's a reason he was a leader for so many years. Jaylon had extraordinary physical ability before his knee injury. He even played with some mental talent some after but degraded when his physical ability did and who knows what he would be like had he spent more time studying the game rather than focusing off the field. Recently? This season especially he looked like a seventh grader learning the position; Tons of enthusiasm and energy, but zero awareness.

I'll reiterate for you. Jaylon was unwilling or unable to keep up with studying the game and it showed by his play. Otherwise he wouldn't have been cut by two teams, the latter of which desperately needed linebackers. Personally, I think he was unwilling and was more focused on off-the-field business things.

But you continue to do you and think incorrectly about other people's motivations when you don't even know them.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
There is nothing he can tell the giants, there is no hope that he can offer that will stop Lawrence, Gregory, and Parsons from ripping their hearts out and stomping on it.

Wonder what they paid him hoping for some secrets.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I dont think most are hating on Jaylon, just disappointed that the investment on the player never payed off here in Big D.

Exactly. I liked Jaylon for his effort and tenacity to return from that injury. What I didn't like was the Cowboys paying him all that money based on one breakout season (2018). It's really unfortunate for both sides how it all turned out.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They signed him just to gather any intelligence they can from his time here.

The Giants are out of the playoff picture. Nothing he can provide is going to help them this season.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
If we dont throw to rbs in the flat and rb screens multiple times at Jaylon then Kellen is trash

doomsday808

Reaction score
You guy seem to forget that he is "ELITE"!
Cowboys actually are OK with paying a player to play for a division rival. I love it!! That is bad ***. Lol

plasticman

Reaction score
Okay, place your bets for the time and date that Jaylon gets cut.

I'm going to say Monday, December 20, 2021 at 9:00AM EST.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I thought the practice squad had limitations on how many career games you’ve played. Maybe they loosened that recently.