Jaylon Smith Sucks

kwcool619

Reaction score
I'll go ahead and say it...this team really misses LVE in the middle. He covered up a multitude of sin on this defense. Richard took over.....and this defense has been crap ever since he changed Jaylon to the middle..and put LVE on the strong side in space. Disservice to both players...

Another example of why Marinelli and Richard need to GO!!!! Any DC with an ounce of sense knows that Smith is an outside LB.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Skin wade thinks it’s the most
Embarrassing thing he’s seen from a cowboy.

Idk bout that

Zman5

Reaction score
He definitely don't go for the big hard hit like he did last year. Not sure if it's due to not wanting a injury or just a business decision. The big hits that used to get the defense pumped up aren't there this season.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I tried liking this guy, but im done. Hes trash.

Celebrating when down 17 points in the 4th quarter

Celebrating when a player is injured as a result of his “coverage”

Acting like he picked off a pass that he clearly didnt catch and knowing a tie goes to the receiver

Clear. Eye. Doo-doo

Hold up bro man.

I was at the forefront of the “is Jaylon actually good” movement before anyone, lool.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Jaylon should thank God there are Jerry Jones's in this world.

He fooled him 2x:

Once into buying into his sob story when drafted in 2nd Round.

Then the genius move to sign that contract this season.

He is one shrewd individual because he is absolute garbage on the field. He might be the worst defensive player on the team.

In addition to being horrible: he compounds the issue with being the least self aware player I have ever seen.

1) Dancing in front of an injured player

2) Celebrating a clear Chicago TD as a turnover

3) Dressing in mink pre-game then waving cameras off the bench area for capturing him without a care in the world in the midst of being blown out.

The clock has struck midnight for this Cinderella as far as I'm concerned. I hate his gimpy *** fake hustle and stupid swipe.

He is everything wrong with this team every time he steps on the field. All style, zero substance.
This x 100. He wants to look like an All Pro LB for America's Team. But he won't admit to himself or the team that he's still compromised from his injury. No linebacker should whiff as often as he does. It's almost like he wants to look like he's around the ball without making contact.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Loved the pick and loved him last year. Thought we got a good deal locking him up. Been a big let down this year and I cant stand celebrating when the game is over and you lost wth?!?!

Lol. We’re talking about a dude that celebrated after stopping one damn play while we were down 17 points. I think the Bears scored on that drive too. What a damn joke this team is.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Lol. We’re talking about a dude that celebrated after stopping one damn play while we were down 17 points. I think the Bears scored on that drive too. What a damn joke this team is.

I never thought him of most people on the team would do that. Its weird. Hes been doing that a lot this year.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Unless you were on the field or at least spoken to someone who was, it’s bs and lame to sit here and assume what caused Jaylon’s reactions. It’s idiotic to assume what he said or what he was thinking at the time. He surely wasn’t waving hello to the camera in jest as some assume. He was waving the camera out of his fame while talking defense with a teammate. Y’all gotta problem with that? SMH. On the end zone pass defense I really don’t see Jaylon taunting an injured player as you all claim ether. Just not his character. But some people will try to find anything negative to say about him regardless. Judge his play all you like. But don’t make up reasons to disrespect that man. WTH is wrong with you people?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It’s clear folks are catching on to what I’ve been seeing for a while.

Whether it be due to injury, instincts, preparation, mental, et cetera, Jaylon is simply not a very good linebacker.

It’s gotten to the point I can’t stop watching him when we’re on defense. I’m always wondering what ridiculous bonehead thing is he gonna do on this snap?

1. He’s absolutely useless in space. The idea of him serving as a spy against Josh Allen last week was just foolhardy.
  2. He’s weak at the point of attack. When he’s not getting totally washed out of plays he’s getting manhandled by blockers. One of the thankless jobs of a linebacker is to disrupt running lanes and take on blocks. He doesn’t do any of that.
  3. His instincts are crap. Some of the reads he makes are baffling. He doesn’t locate the ball well and has a penchant for biting HARD on play-action.
  4. He’s a liability in coverage. He’s got no lateral movement and teams know he’s a weak link in coverage. It was obvious and telling the Bears set out to attack him, throwing three straight passes at him.
  5. He’s technique poor. Watch him when he blitzes. He constantly launches/jumps into blockers which causes his pad level to go up and he loses all leverage and he’s stalemated. Or, when he’s coming down straight on a ball carrier he inexplicably goes high which makes him prone to whiffing as we’ve all seen. This is a NFL-caliber MLB?
  6. He’s physically compromised. We all liked the story of his diligence and perseverance in coming back from the nerve damage. That story has ended. The elephant in the room is that he’s obviously compromised; he runs/jogs with a weird hitch or gate and is robotic in his movements at times.

Last edited:

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
He’s not healthy. The contract he got was actually a bargain for how he played last year. There’s some sources who say he took it now because he knew his knee was regressing. If we didn’t sign him until after this offseason we’re looking at maybe 5/6 million a year. Jaylon played it smart and the Cowboys got screwed.