Jaylon Smith thread *merged*

coult44

Reaction score
These last two weeks especially last week he looked like the weakest link, he's slow to recognize, can't shed blocks and certainly can't cover. This coaching staff is terrible if he's in the starting line up next week. I wonder what his pff grade will be it has to be above 29's last week lol. W

Jerry and SJ will not allow their project to be benched.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I won't argue that we could use another LB or two but sorry, I have no agenda to replace Jaylon. I'll leave it up to the staff to do as they see fit.

IlliniNation

Reaction score
Not sure who replaces him at this point. I too thought Thomas made some nice plays today from the LB spot.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
I thought he had a decent game. Regardless- he's the best LB we've got right now.

Eanwen

Reaction score
LVE ain’t any great shakes himself. He wasn’t exactly tearing things up.

How we went from 2018 LB play to this. Amazing.

Think they were exposed by the Rams and Colts that year, so everyone knows how to attack them?

Loso86

Reaction score
He clearly needs to be converted into an OLB in this 3-4 version defense. He needs to rush the QB honestly

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought he played well.
Yep! People that don't know much tend to overreact with a couple of bad plays. Like he's the only one to take a bad angle or miss a tackle.

Reactions: Ken

Sydla

Reaction score
Its not fair to bench 54 without benching the rest of the defense

they all were bad

He's become the punching bag for a bad defense. That's not to excuse him because he's not been good, but he's not the only one that has stunk this year.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Thought it was awesome how after he gave up that critical first down to Hurst how he started loading pursuit.

He’s every coaches dream.