Jaylon Smith thread *merged*

starfan1

Reaction score
Ya I give him the award for second or third worse player on D today but there are a boatload of candidates

I can’t think of anyone standing out. Maybe Thomas

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Thomas looks like the best LB.

He looks that way because he is the most decisive and active of the group. He needs help.

We need more LBs who can diagnose quickly be decisive in attacking the play, show quick ability to recover quickly from misdirection and pursue like hell with abandon.

I will say there were a couple of plays where either Jaylon is either jogging or his injury has left him with no wheels left. Either possibility is not a good result for the Cowboys.

Jaylon has to pick up his game while LVE is out, and lead this team by example and make some splash plays. If he doesn't then I am looking to Thomas to pick up the flag and lead.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This scheme isnt gonna work long term.

It's nothing anyone hasnt seen and they dont have the horses.

Dontari Poe is cooked btw. We will get to that.

Did Tyrone Crawford play?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
These last two weeks especially last week he looked like the weakest link, he's slow to recognize, can't shed blocks and certainly can't cover. This coaching staff is terrible if he's in the starting line up next week. I wonder what his pff grade will be it has to be above 29's last week lol. W

I'd like to bench a few guys but I need to know who will replace them. It's easy to say "bench him" without addressing who replaces him.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
He looks lost much of the time...out of position...

I think it’s on purpose. Guy would rather skate around then square up ball carriers and blockers. He is a total fraud. Already thinking about his life after football.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He looks that way because he is the most decisive and active of the group. He needs help.

We need more LBs who can diagnose quickly be decisive in attacking the play, show quick ability to recover quickly from misdirection and pursue like hell with abandon.

I will say there were a couple of plays where either Jaylon is either jogging or his injury has left him with no wheels left. Either possibility is not a good result for the Cowboys.

Jaylon has to pick up his game while LVE is out, and lead this team by example and make some splash plays. If he doesn't then I am looking to Thomas to pick up the flag and lead.

Exactly.

Let me know when Jaylon actually reads, anticipates and makes a play in the backfield.

I will say there is no better player in the league than he is at making a play 7 yards down the field.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Does anyone here still think he is a quality LB? Is his issue mental or physical? Do you think he looks prepared at all? Do you think his contract and life outside of football changed his career trajectory? Last question, is he salvageable? All serious questions.

JayFord

Reaction score
I would evaluate smith

but it wouldnt be fair

the whole defense was awful today