Jaylon Smith thread

fishspill

Reaction score
I'll save the mods a second and post a thread for him.

I love Smith's heart. I love his spirit. I hate seeing him on the field.

He shouldn't even be active on game day let alone playing significant snaps. He is not ready. You can get dozens of other players to do better than him right now.

Stop being stubborn and be sensible. It's killing this team.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
I'll save the mods a second and post a thread for him.

I love Smith's heart. I love his spirit. I hate seeing him on the field.

He shouldn't even be active on game day let alone playing significant snaps. He is not ready. You can get dozens of other players to do better than him right now.

Stop being stubborn and be sensible. It's killing this team.

He is killing us

I have been watching football for 22 years now

Have never seen a lber be such a detriment to an nfl team as he is right now

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
He's injured. Or recovering. But clearly he's a physically limited player. Its laughable the team doesn't have a backup or a practice squad player who can't perform better. 4-3 LB is arguably one of the easier position to find. Well..more most organizations.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Smith is playing because Hitchens was hurt and now Lee is hurt. That's not his fault. Otherwise, he wouldn't be out there so much.

But yeah, let's create another thread to bash the kid because God knows he's the only reason this defense sucks. Frankly, I'm more annoyed by veterans who can't make a damn play to save their lives.

stiletto

Reaction score
It is pretty much a dereliction of duty at this point on the coaches and ownership to allow him to continue being on the field. They are telling us they don't want to win at all costs of Smith being successful. It's not good for the team or the fans for him to continue being out there. It is pride on the powers at be at this point. It is leading to L's...

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Well I said it 103 times in live chat, but will say it here too.

Maybe he will be able to contribute later, but right now he just looks awful.....and without Lee out there it has shown even more.

We do have to get him off the field, maybe he can heal. But right now, he is killin us and Jerry, just pull the plug on this experiment for now.

I say Jerry, cause any coach can see it, even our idiot coaches.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
He's trying, but not ready to play just yet. Durant is a better player at this point, but Smith does need some game time, just not to the extent he's getting now. I completely agree that Lee being out is a major kick in the straddle, as he is obviously the best player on the defense.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
J Smith isn't ready. He may not know that but the coaches should. He will likely be ready next year but he needs to continue to get better. He can't cut and it's obvious. The D coordinators are figuring it out and exploiting him.

diefree666

Reaction score
Until EACH one of YOU call out all the rest of the D you got no right to single out Jaylon.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
If Lee and Hitchens are healthy they're likely getting most of the snaps. That's the only reason Jaylon is playing as much as he is. He's playing with hesitation in his game and by the time he mentally prepares himself to change direction he is a second late to make a play. He'll get better, but needs more time.

fishspill

Reaction score
Smith is playing because Hitchens was hurt and now Lee is hurt. That's not his fault. Otherwise, he wouldn't be out there so much.

But yeah, let's create another thread to bash the kid because God knows he's the only reason this defense sucks. Frankly, I'm more annoyed by veterans who can't make a damn play to save their lives.
Not his fault but the FO needs to be realistic about what he is right now. They seem to think he should be getting starting snaps. I’d rather bring in a guy from the practice squad on a short week than Smith right now. He’s the worst player I’ve seen in the NFL this year so far.