Jaylon Smith to wear 9

revospeed

Reaction score
This is a stupid rule by the NFL. Seeing a linebacker or pass rusher wear a single digit number is amateurish. Looks weird. Why not allow linemen to wear single digits too? The number used to signify positions and now they don’t signify anything. There’s literally no reason to even have jersey numbers. Makes me want to puke.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Upset? No. His decision just reinforces a lot of opinions about him. That he's self-absorbed, clueless, and that his Wonderlic score was no accident. I wish him success, but I won't hold my breath that he'll magically get football instincts. I'm not even sure Quinn can get him consistent. Have you seen a lot of Jaylon's footage from last season. He was lost and mostly made plays from athleticism and luck.

Hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy out jerseys a year before it's free for him to switch. Vane idiocy.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that Quinn can make the most of Jaylon's abilities. Hey, the exciting thing is we are only 90+ days away and we have real world OTA's and pre-season games again.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is a stupid rule by the NFL. Seeing a linebacker or pass rusher wear a single digit number is amateurish. Looks weird. Why not allow linemen to wear single digits too? The number used to signify positions and now they don’t signify anything. There’s literally no reason to even have jersey numbers. Makes me want to puke.
You think they had jersey numbers for a reason other then for jersey sales and to identify who that plaeyr is?

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Let him buy all his old jerseys and cut him as soon as the check clears the bank. Make it a clean sweep thing.

Mannix

Reaction score
So when is Lamb going to opt out of 88? His frame looks ridiculous in it. I hope to God that he isn't still feeling strong armed by Booger to keep it.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Loved Romo as a self-made, overachieving QB but he is not on the same plane as #8 or #22
I think he is on the same field as Aikman. He has sussed Troy with his recent TV deal. That ain't luck. It reflects his value. He has earned it.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Man Ambar Garcia went off on him today. She usually doesn't rag on players much, but you can tell she's not a fan of Jaylon on or off the field. She brought up a moment last year when the D was struggling, and DLaw had then all on the sideline and yelling at them. But Jaylon was standing next to him not even paying attention and smiling, as if it wasn't about how he was playing.

He's nice enough but something isn't right with him. It's like he can't read a room at all and thinks he's a perennial all pro like Deion or something

revospeed

Reaction score
You think they had jersey numbers for a reason other then for jersey sales and to identify who that plaeyr is?

you don’t need numbers to identify the players. They have names on their jersey. You identify what position they play based off the jersey number. Now that’s all in the crapper.

nobody

Reaction score
you don’t need numbers to identify the players. They have names on their jersey. You identify what position they play based off the jersey number. Now that’s all in the crapper.

It makes it easier for players on the field. Instead of "Watch Jaylon!" shouted by a player on an opposing offense and hoping everyone knows who it is and takes the time to read names on jerseys (which are not on the front0, they can look at the number quickly and make adjustments faster. Same for coaching on the sideline.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Its the Cowboys Ring of Honor,.. not the NFL Hall of Fame. Romo is one of Jerry's boyz.
You'd be delusional if you're thinking Romo won't be a part of Jerry's hand picked Ring of Honor .

Witten nor DWare who also played with Romo, but they did not win championships either, but you don't think they will be in Cowboys ROH..?
DWare did win a championship, he just didn't do it with the Cowboys.